Tomorrow's Harvest nominated for SAY award!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Yellow Records wrote:They'll be the only ones who dont show up, and the ones who win it...lol...

proper order, down with that celebrity nonsense and this is the way to do it.
what i love about artists like boc is this, they don't whore themselves out to the media for page 'likes', sales,
their music does the talking and they don't even need a singer to vocalise nonsense.
most of the time i can't bear to hear vocalists now, singing about themselves hoping people will listen to what they have to say. nobody cares anymore, just give us the music but it better be good.

Dayvan Cowboy
They made the shortlist 8)

I've got a good feeling about this.

Sherbet Head
Bloody hell I bloody fucking love the Scots!

out of a list of my favorite artists of all time 3 are Scottish the others are English. I don't think any are American though recently there have been a few American bands I've liked a lot (I'm American) Seems like a cool award. Glad they started doing it.

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:They'll be the only ones who dont show up, and the ones who win it...lol...

proper order, down with that celebrity nonsense and this is the way to do it.
what i love about artists like boc is this, they don't whore themselves out to the media for page 'likes', sales,
their music does the talking and they don't even need a singer to vocalise nonsense.
most of the time i can't bear to hear vocalists now, singing about themselves hoping people will listen to what they have to say. nobody cares anymore, just give us the music but it better be good.

Took the words out of my face.

Their marketing campaign for the release of tomorrows harvest was enough of an example. They didnt say anything, but people went crazy looking for it.
ImageImage

Dayvan Cowboy

Boqurant
arvy wrote:http://www.sayaward.com/

Live

thank you!

Dayvan Cowboy
LOL :lol:

Sherbet Head
well thats just f***** great, the sound went just as that short video was coming to an end, was watching it past 30 mins and no issues wtf like. they said something about subliminal message from them? anyone get it all?

now listening to all sorts on it and all is fine, hate that when you're waiting for something you're interesting then it goes f**** apeshit
Last edited by thepastinsidepressant on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Bah, they cut out the sound >.<

Boqurant
they just blew up the live stream. did that happen for anyone else? sod's law; the only few minutes I wanted to see and the live stream melts down.

edit: it looked as though he was saying "unfortunately they can't be here tonight" and then went on to tell us their message... it's as if the boys don't want to talk to us at all.
Last edited by i-the-wayside on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
They didn't blow up the livestream I don't think. Sounded like that was intentionally cut out, maybe for audience only ears. Her comments about subliminal message and saying something about it being one hell of a thank you....makes it sound like there was something more to the message lol.
Damn you BoC!
Need someone who had a phone in there to up load it haha.

Sherbet Head
yea same here, when it went back to the presenters - nothing, just went dead and video reversed a bit. just got very last sentence from the woman "well i'm not sure what that subliminal message from them was about" or something like that.

wtf is that about?

well... they better f**** win it now for that sly move. something tells me they've won it :lol:
Last edited by thepastinsidepressant on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
The dude from Mogwai said he couldn't top BoC's speech. So I guess we have to wait for someone to upload it lol.

Sherbet Head
Damn, why would they cut such a thing out :-(

Posts Quantity
Maybe they hinted at the possibility of a first live performance in a long while as a thank you, which will be somewhere in scotland lol.

In all honesty, no idea, but as said, until someone posts up an uncut version, we won't know lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
Dudes I think they were joking, and they fucked up the thankyou video and had to just move on - noone saw it, not even "there". They were just kidding about it being untoppable and subliminal, see? :)

Edit: I mean I don't think they cut it I think it was just a technical hitch, like whatever was affecting that middle act's monitors.
Last edited by Negamuse on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boqurant
https://twitter.com/mondaygraveyard/sta ... 3330761729

"At the #sayawards and as a thank you an exclusive Boards of Canada track and video was just played. Oh man. #boardsofcanada"

"an exclusive Boards of Canada track"
NEW EP NEW EP NEW EP NEW EP

Sherbet Head
StarblazerUK wrote:The dude from Mogwai said he couldn't top BoC's speech. So I guess we have to wait for someone to upload it lol.

where you hear/read this?

Eagle Minded
Aw whaaat they cut it out?? Damn, I was looking forward to seeing it tonight. Now we'll have to settle for some crappy cellphone-recorded video, if anything.

Sherbet Head
must have been a new 1 minute vignette, unless the stream is 5 mins behind or so

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada