Hi-Scores (2014 remastered)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Here's some extra info on the www.skam.co.uk site. (besides what we know from Bleep.com)
I'm really impressed with the remastered mp3s from Bleep, and I can honestly hear the difference and improvement.

The original image on the back of the sleeve will now be in colour. There will be a spot varnish finish on the images & text alongside the usual Skam Braille sticker to give the whole package new depth and a refreshing look and feel.

Pre-orders are now being taken at stores World-wide, the release date is October 13th.

Sherbet Head
For those who pre-ordered on Skam (as I did):

Hello
Many thanks for making your order, the Vinyl and CD of the Boards of Canada – Hi Scores – 2014 Edition, is slightly delayed. Please accept our sincere apologies. It is in transit, and should arrive on Monday. Therefore distributors have asked us to delay the release date until the 20th October. We will ship your items before this date, and hope for it to arrive as soon as possible.
To respect various digital stores, we can not send digital copies until the 20th October.
Please understand this is beyond our control, and once again, you, artists, and labels suffer from the lack of vinyl pressing plants in the world today.

:(

Any other pre-order issues with other sources?

Posts Quantity
It's so tempting... Do I splash a tenner out on this or not? Is the remaster going to be worth it?
Be music friends: http://last.fm/user/will-neill
Be friends with my music: http://willneill.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
North by North wrote:For those who pre-ordered on Skam (as I did):

Hello
Many thanks for making your order, the Vinyl and CD of the Boards of Canada – Hi Scores – 2014 Edition, is slightly delayed. Please accept our sincere apologies. It is in transit, and should arrive on Monday. Therefore distributors have asked us to delay the release date until the 20th October. We will ship your items before this date, and hope for it to arrive as soon as possible.
To respect various digital stores, we can not send digital copies until the 20th October.
Please understand this is beyond our control, and once again, you, artists, and labels suffer from the lack of vinyl pressing plants in the world today.

Hah lol, vinyl has never been better...lack of pressing plants? Who's gonna believe this?

Dayvan Cowboy
No emails from bleep, maybe it's will be ok

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:No emails from bleep, maybe it's will be ok

No bro, check out the Bleep page, they've shifted the release date without telling us.

Dayvan Cowboy
Najlepsiejszy wrote:
arvy wrote:No emails from bleep, maybe it's will be ok

No bro, check out the Bleep page, they've shifted the release date without telling us.

Yeah, see it now, thanks for clearing it up ;)

Sherbet Head
goddamnit this feels like another fiasco waiting to happen
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Posts Quantity
Najlepsiejszy wrote:

Hello

Hah lol, vinyl has never been better...lack of pressing plants? Who's gonna believe this?

What are you talking about?? Pressing plants are a rare animal these days http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/363-vinyl-shortage/

Sherbet Head
ONTHE88 wrote:
Najlepsiejszy wrote:

Hello

What are you talking about?? Pressing plants are a rare animal these days http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/363-vinyl-shortage/

Goddamn free markets. What are the costs of starting a vinyl pressing plant? I'd do it

Happy Cycler
I've always thought running a decent pressing plant in this day and age would be a great, worthwhile thing to do.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I've always thought running a decent pressing plant in this day and age would be a great, worthwhile thing to do.

I turn 18 in May. I'll move to the UK and make some money for us and our enterprise by playing poker online. Deal?

The lack of pressing plants is a known issue and real 'thing'.

Although vinyl has made a comeback of late, it's still relatively niche and labour intensive compared to CD, let alone MP3s etc. Even with a premium price-point failing to deter interest from us audiophile consumers, nobody over here in the UK seems willing to invest in new infrastructure.

Ironically, as the demand for vinyl increases, so the leadtime on these projects (and the cost) will increase too so long as these old factories continue to be patched up to rumble along.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Najlepsiejszy wrote:
fujee wrote:I've always thought running a decent pressing plant in this day and age would be a great, worthwhile thing to do.

I turn 18 in May. I'll move to the UK and make some money for us and our enterprise by playing poker online. Deal?

Dude, deal.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
I'm sure I read that in America they are opening up more pressing plants.....here

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-fa ... expansion/

Hmmm. More Vinyl Factory plants. My cup runneth over... ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Don't think there's any new photos here, although I don't recall the open cd shot:

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6d3 ... 887e98788a

Sherbet Head
North by North wrote:Don't think there's any new photos here, although I don't recall the open cd shot:

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6d3 ... 887e98788a

Oh, a digipak? I'm kind of disappointed tbh, I really love CD sleeves like the ones for Hi Scores and TCH

Dayvan Cowboy
Ok, now I'm got every official release on the vinyl, hope this gonna come without huge delay, now's time for a new music :)

Next

Return to Boards of Canada