Best BOC pic of BOC... EVER!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded

Telepath
I always thought it made them look fat. :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
It's funny, when I first saw that picture I didn't notice the shape of the sun..
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
huh, neither did i.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Dayvan Cowboy
good story hansel.

Guido wrote:It's funny, when I first saw that picture I didn't notice the shape of the sun..

Or me, until now in fact :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
yeh nice, very sci fi

like these two

Sherbet Head
Guido wrote:It's funny, when I first saw that picture I didn't notice the shape of the sun..

"Hexagon sun" = lens flare created with a six-sided camera aperture.

Happy Cycler
zeitgeist wrote:good story hansel.

I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius!
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:
zeitgeist wrote:good story hansel.

I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius!

:lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
if i had to choose a favourite, it would have to be these two images -

Image Image

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
jakestott wrote:Image

druggiest boc pic ever?

Dayvan Cowboy
bleak. wrote:
jakestott wrote:Image

druggiest boc pic ever?

lolz
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
bleak. wrote:if i had to choose a favourite, it would have to be these two images -

Image Image

These two images are like windows into Mike and Marcus's souls. I feel like elder Mike seems like the more rebellious one, the one who probably has a bit of a darker side than his younger brother. He looks at the camera in a commanding, almost foreboding fashion. His hands, held straight together, suggests that he is a man with a plan, a man who is in control, who is aware of his body language. His hands are tilted slightly downward to the earth, in contrast to the traditionally upward-pointed hands of prayer, as if to say "this is how it's going to be".

Marcus, the self-stated author of "Farewell Fire", by contrast, is probably the more sentimental of the two--his eyes averted off-stage, lost deep in thought, his facial expression, though hardened like his brother, more one of sadness than of darkness. His arms are crossed as if to say, "this is how it is."
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

saturdayindex wrote:These two images are like windows into Mike and Marcus's souls. I feel like elder Mike seems like the more rebellious one, the one who probably has a bit of a darker side than his younger brother. He looks at the camera in a commanding, almost foreboding fashion. His hands, held straight together, suggests that he is a man with a plan, a man who is in control, who is aware of his body language. His hands are tilted slightly downward to the earth, in contrast to the traditionally upward-pointed hands of prayer, as if to say "this is how it's going to be".

Marcus, the self-stated author of "Farewell Fire", by contrast, is probably the more sentimental of the two--his eyes averted off-stage, lost deep in thought, his facial expression, though hardened like his brother, more one of sadness than of darkness. His arms are crossed as if to say, "this is how it is."

Or, having attended more photo shoots than I care to recall in a previous job, it could just be the photographer asking "Mike, can we try one where you look straight into the camera. Yeah, now try put your hands together. Perfect"

(The ones where he gets Marcus to bend over and put his finger in his mouth never made it. "In your own time Marcus, just drop the towel")

Sorry, I'm now thinking of the last series of the IT Crowd! :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
saturdayindex wrote:
bleak. wrote:if i had to choose a favourite, it would have to be these two images -

Image Image

These two images are like windows into Mike and Marcus's souls. I feel like elder Mike seems like the more rebellious one, the one who probably has a bit of a darker side than his younger brother. He looks at the camera in a commanding, almost foreboding fashion. His hands, held straight together, suggests that he is a man with a plan, a man who is in control, who is aware of his body language. His hands are tilted slightly downward to the earth, in contrast to the traditionally upward-pointed hands of prayer, as if to say "this is how it's going to be".

this is exactly how i read the image. they seem to be reviling yet letting go, be that the direction of the campfire headphase compared to their previous works...maybe this is just my personal interpretation...but, definitely removing their masks to reveal...

Eagle Minded
saturdayindex wrote:

Image Image

LOL!! I absolutely LOVE the entire psychoanalaysis!!! making this my favorite BOC pic :)

Sherbet Head
yeah hexagon suns are where its at!
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
could be that Mike's face is a bit rounder and he's had less sleep thus making him Mr Grumpypants

Marcus has had his Weetabix and Berocca and is looking forward to getting home and watching Countdown

Next

Return to Boards of Canada