boards of canada...

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
will never make another album. thats okay. most duos/bands could never dream of having a catalog as good as theirs.

Dayvan Cowboy
Source? ;)
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
haaaansel.

Dayvan Cowboy
What are you talking about?
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
someone drop a bomb on this forum. :roll:

Happy Cycler
bear scrotum
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:bear scrotum

qft

Dayvan Cowboy
zeitgeist wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:bear scrotum

qft

gahaaahah
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
Unfortunately, he's right. Here's why, in my opinion:

As you know, in 2005 more than half of Boards of Canada's super-mystical secret discography was unleashed on the net. Quotes from Hexagon Sun officials say that they were planning on polishing these up and releasing them in the future as a box set. This is what I presume they were working on pre-internet leak and subsequent hubub. Once it was released, they figured that a rerelease would be kinda pointless, so they started over from scratch, which explains the three year gap since a proper release. That combined with three significant events that point to an end of BoC: Mike becoming a father (baby girl, 2004), their beginning of a production career, and the completetion of a trilogy. First, fatherhood for Mike means he is probably desiring a steady income which cannot be hurt by the rise of pirated music, which leads to production (Sexual Objects or Whatever) and remix work which provides a steadier income. Finally, BoC are symbolists and it would have been very BoC like to create a trilogy of albums on a major label and leave it at that.

They've lost steam. It's over, for better or worse.

Sherbet Head
the sky is falling!

Ok seriously if they release more material thats awesome, if not w/e I am content with what is already out as I am sure many others are too.

Dayvan Cowboy
i hate the fact that i persistently revisit this board to post. it's incredible how boards of canada have planted these seeds, and from it we the fans are constantly craving the slight necessity. i hardly listen to boards of canada any more, but they are constantly in my thought...

Dayvan Cowboy
Ugh. This really does prove the pointlessness of speculation. The assumption that Mike becoming a father means the end of BoC has no foundation whatsoever, the trilogy theory is just that - a theory and the production argument holds no weight surely as if they were looking to make money, they wouldn't make it producing such a low key band.

This is getting boring now.

Hexagon Sun Official
ninetyoneplus wrote:Unfortunately, he's right. Here's why, in my opinion:

As you know, in 2005 more than half of Boards of Canada's super-mystical secret discography was unleashed on the net. Quotes from Hexagon Sun officials say that they were planning on polishing these up and releasing them in the future as a box set. This is what I presume they were working on pre-internet leak and subsequent hubub. Once it was released, they figured that a rerelease would be kinda pointless, so they started over from scratch, which explains the three year gap since a proper release. That combined with three significant events that point to an end of BoC: Mike becoming a father (baby girl, 2004), their beginning of a production career, and the completetion of a trilogy. First, fatherhood for Mike means he is probably desiring a steady income which cannot be hurt by the rise of pirated music, which leads to production (Sexual Objects or Whatever) and remix work which provides a steadier income. Finally, BoC are symbolists and it would have been very BoC like to create a trilogy of albums on a major label and leave it at that.

They've lost steam. It's over, for better or worse.

The absence of any real info seems to inspire a lot of amusing fiction on this forum. For the benefit of the newcomers (and the amnesiacs!) there is a new BoC album on the way.

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:

The absence of any real info seems to inspire a lot of amusing fiction on this forum. For the benefit of the newcomers (and the amnesiacs!) there is a new BoC album on the way.
brb masturbating furiously

jk not that obsessed, but good news regardless

Sherbet Head
a little update would be sublime from warp headquarters though,no offence to anyone posting info

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:

Cheers for the input Mdg. "Happbocy New Year"!!!!! Ok, I'll get me coat. :D :wink:
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Dayvan Cowboy
Top stuff.

Are they still keen on the idea of doing some live shows?

Dayvan Cowboy
sorry, but i hear this almost every other month from MDG and i have yet to see any actual evidence of it. don't believe everything you read on the interweb, kids. i want to believe him, but im just sayin...
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Sherbet Head
Yeah, it was all just speculation, aside from the AFoT stuff. Never said it was truth.

But still, it is possible.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yes it's true!! ive seen the new album and all track listings,also artwork that goes with it!!! even heard a few tracks which you can grab here.................BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.......WTF ? NO!! it's my alarm again D'oh!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Time to hit tht snooze button again and dream....... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :arrow:
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Next

Return to Boards of Canada