music70.com updated <-- 2 new t-shirts

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

This has already been mentioned in another thread, but it deserves its own thread. It has been since 2006 for the website to be properly updated. It's about time! ;)

www.music70.com updated. two new t-shirts for sale @ www.bleep.com (they're actually reprints of an older one, except this time in green and a slightly different blue color)

the older one:

Nova Scotia Robot
I like the original, darker blue, the best.

Site Admin
A real shame they are selling American Apparel and not Murina or the brand they used for the mhtrtc shirt.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
i dig the green one quite a bit. they also appear to be a type of organic cotton-real thin and high quality stuff. the dark blue t that i have was standard cotton and shrunk almost two sizes, so i can't wear it anymore. for anyone who is gonna order one, i'd say order a size larger than you normally would. cotton will always shrink, but it never gets bigger. unfortunately, i paid around $40 from warpmart for mine before i realized this. cheers to this most likely being a sign of things to come!

Dayvan Cowboy
The green one certainly looks the tastiest, i shall be ordering one v. soon.

Posts Quantity
Aesthetics wrote:A real shame they are selling American Apparel and not Murina or the brand they used for the mhtrtc shirt.

Now I'm scared. What's the problem with this brand? I have two new AA-printed Warp shirts for a month or so and I'd say that, to my eyes, the fabric looks and feels pretty nice, for now...
Should I expect the worst in the months to come? (color losses, deformations, etc...) or is it another kind of shame you are refering to, not related with quality?

BTW, think I'll go for the green also.... although I wish the icon was the new one from the Warp.net BoC page.
'And because our reason violently deters us from the brink, therefore do we the most impetuously approach it' E. A. Poe

Site Admin
itannexe wrote:Now I'm scared. What's the problem with this brand?

Don't be scared :) The shirts are very thin. If you own the mhtrtc shirt you should compare it when you got this one.
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
What's a shame is that we're calling this an "update".

Happy Cycler
Maybe it's just a joke and they having a goof before something big happens.

Dayvan Cowboy
bought myself a green t-shirt...fingers crossed this is a sign of a release sometime soon.

Dayvan Cowboy
Skytree wrote:What's a shame is that we're calling this an "update".

word. not a syllable from the brothers. just two more boc branded accessories poked in our face. it's gone beyond the joke. they know well how hungry people are for a new release and all we get are indirect spats from a supposed hexagon sun affiliate. why should it be so effin' covert? it's ridiculous.

Sherbet Head
Looks like something I could make myself. AA shirt fit nice if you are lanky, I use them for undershirts since they are a bit long.

Dayvan Cowboy
itannexe wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:A real shame they are selling American Apparel and not Murina or the brand they used for the mhtrtc shirt.

Now I'm scared. What's the problem with this brand? I have two new AA-printed Warp shirts for a month or so and I'd say that, to my eyes, the fabric looks and feels pretty nice, for now...
Should I expect the worst in the months to come? (color losses, deformations, etc...) or is it another kind of shame you are refering to, not related with quality?

BTW, think I'll go for the green also.... although I wish the icon was the new one from the Warp.net BoC page.

Every american apparel shirt that i've EVER owned has gotten holes in it around the collar and frayed on the sleeves and at the bottom. So yeah, they feel nice but theyre cheap as shit. And by cheap I'm not referring to the price. By the way, it's not like i do anything active, i sit at my computer all day. Oh well. I have a knock off BoC shirt in green and it's awesome.

The last news post from like three years ago was fucking t-shirts. Who cares, theyre the same fucking design! Can anyone figure out where the picture was taken based on the foliage? :P
Last edited by Joebot Kill on Thu May 28, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Friendly Stranger
Ah they look great :) got myself the blue one, can't wait until it arrives!

Sherbet Head
Joebot Kill wrote:But seriously, what a slap in the fucking face this is. The last news post from like three years ago was fucking t-shirts. Who cares, theyre the same fucking design!

Lol I thought the same thing.
Viper.

Eagle Minded
ross adey wrote:

word. not a syllable from the brothers. just two more boc branded accessories poked in our face. it's gone beyond the joke. they know well how hungry people are for a new release and all we get are indirect spats from a supposed hexagon sun affiliate. why should it be so effin' covert? it's ridiculous.

Agreed. After a certain point the whole mysterious persona thing just gets old and makes it easier to just forget about this band.

Hexagon Sun Official
Synthetrix wrote:
ross adey wrote:

Agreed. After a certain point the whole mysterious persona thing just gets old and makes it easier to just forget about this band.

:D Some people on this forum need to chill out! The new tees appeared as a positive response to the fact that the old stock had run out and new requests for tees were being received by Warp. There had also been some complaints about the lack of updates/broken links on the official site, so the links were changed to show the new stock. While some fans have welcomed a sign of life at the official site, others have used it as an excuse to vent and complain again.

I should point out that none of this has anything to do with the band. The idea that these trivial updates are in some way a result of the band nurturing a 'mysterious persona thing' is totally laughable; they're simply too busy working on the new records. BOC don't deal with their sites or merchandise any more than to approve the items, despite erroneous claims that they designed the shirts. There hasn't been an official announcement put up yet about the forthcoming records because there are still no firm release dates as yet. The site will be new, the records will be new and even new merch etc will appear. At the end of the day, most fans would rather that the artists are completely happy with the releases, rather than banging material out every 12 months. And BOC are notorious perfectionists.

Once again, I completely understand the frustration felt by people waiting for the new releases, but until we're allowed to update the sites, you'll have to take my word that the new album is looming.

As for the live side etc, there are rumblings in that direction too. Just don't do what someone did this week via the MySpace site; A fan sent a message to the band demanding the guys tour North America by using this general approach: "Why won't you fucking assholes come and play live over here you fucking cunts". Needless to say, that doesn't work.

Dayvan Cowboy
hmm, do you run the myspace page mdg?

Hexagon Sun Official
Techboy wrote:hmm, do you run the myspace page mdg?

there are at least four people keeping an eye on it to keep spam off, and i have access to it.

Dayvan Cowboy
New recordS, plural?
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada