Warp20 Box Set ft. completely unheard BoC!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

This quote is only about one part of the box set; visit the links below for an overview of the full package.
Warp20 (Unheard)
Triple 10" Vinyl
Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Completely unheard tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10" vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

Info: http://warp.net/records/warp20/warp20-box-set#4
Preorder: http://bleep.com/index.php?page=dynamic ... rp20boxset

Wooh! 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Fredd-E on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posts Quantity
Jesus Martha Christ.

Posts Quantity
Even with the discount at £85, the likelihood of getting a copy is looking unlikely :(

It's a hefty price indeed, but I reckon for the bocompletists it's totally worth it.

Dayvan Cowboy
thank god i finally just got a JOB. I'll be pre-ordering this with my first paycheck.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Sherbet Head
yeah...I think I'll just wait until somebody puts it on youtube.

besides, I don't want to spend that much money for what will probably be three tracks
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.

Sherbet Head
Just remember, pirating is wrong, you guys.
Yep... it sure is.

*shrug*
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ordered!

Friendly Stranger
:shock:

Boqurant
I really, really like BOC (and also Warp Records in general), but there's no way in hell I'm paying $130 for a handful of unheard BOC tracks, especially when there's absolutely no description of what they are and when they are from. Hopefully they will eventually have the songs available for download.
Wildlife Analysis

Sherbet Head
Jesus finally some real news! Woohoo.

Dayvan Cowboy
By "completely unheard" I wonder if they mean actual never-before-heard tracks, or never officially released tracks. It sure would suck if BoC's contribution were tracks on the Old Tunes leaks.

ryetronics wrote:By "completely unheard" I wonder if they mean actual never-before-heard tracks, or never officially released tracks. It sure would suck if BoC's contribution were tracks on the Old Tunes leaks.
I reckon (and hope) they will be some tracks from their Geogaddi period, when they (as noted in interviews) produced a couple of hundred tracks. I guess they can spare some of those tracks for Warp20. ;)

Sherbet Head
They release it on vinyl. I guess they want to have the least amount of 'illigal spreading' :lol:
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:Image
Warp20 (Unheard)
Triple 10" Vinyl
Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Completely unheard tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10" vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

Odd...this now reads as follows:

Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Unheard and rare tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10” vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

?

By the by, I'd consider this an investment rather than a just a large sum of spent cash. This collection is only going to increase in value.

Eagle Minded
Really cool.

Sherbet Head
Dear Warpypoos, can you give us a track list? Aww, g'wan, please?
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Skytree wrote:
Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Unheard and rare tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10” vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

?

Well, that's even better, right? Now it's "unheard and rare". Well the writing can be interpreted in different ways. Does unheard refer to boc or does rare refer to boc or do both of them refer to boc?!

I just hope it's not something we've already heard on one of the three old tunes releases.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
Skytree wrote:

?

Well, that's even better, right? Now it's "unheard and rare". Well the writing can be interpreted in different ways. Does unheard refer to boc or does rare refer to boc or do both of them refer to boc?!

I just hope it's not something we've already heard on one of the three old tunes releases.

Exactly. I've plenty of tunes of their's that could be considered "rare".

Skytree wrote:Exactly. I've plenty of tunes of their's that could be considered "rare".

And say they mean unheard AND rare refering to boc, then it's not even clear how they interpret the meaning unheard.

Maybe unheard in their book is legally unheard. Old tunes are legally unheard, true, but all of us have obviously heard them through the not so legal channels...

I just hope they are rare and really really really unheard: no actual releases, no leaked old tunes,... just brand new old stuff. :)

Next

Return to Boards of Canada