Losing A Fan

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
They are becoming a Joke. I mean come on, they owe it to their fans to put a fucking update out somewhere. At first the whole mystery was cool, trying to dig up new things about their music, but now that there is boc pages, (which is a very awesome site! don't get me wrong Fredd) that whole mystery has gone out the window...

I sometimes wish I didn't know a thing about them, it was better then, not knowing where the samples in their music came from or what instruments/organics they used to create their sound. I could make up my own ideas about it.

I don't care about their wopping 5 bullshit rare/never before heard tracks on warp 20 that suckered a few people on here to buy that we most likely already heard. I refuse to pay that amount, and please save the deluxe packaging and other bands crap too, ok? I only wanted new BoC. What happened with that is, they owed Warp another release most likely and they just pulled a Richard D James and gave them some old shit out of their closet. They are losing a fan. I never thought I would feel this away about them. But the magic has died somewhat.

Boqurant
With all due respect, I think you're taking all this a bit too seriously.

But if the lack of new output cause you such distress I would recommend forgetting about them and direct your obsessiveness at something else for a while - a pause if you will - and when you least expect it: Boom! New album and you've got a fresh brain to listen to it with! :)

Posts Quantity
a joke.. haha.
this is a very consumer's way of seeing things.
fuck the mystery. i don't think it was intentional. they just wanted to stress on the music, not the people who made it.
and the music deserves this attention. it'll be just as good years from now.

Said it before and I'll probably say it again, they don't owe anybody anything. While it would be nice to hear from them, this is hardly an about-turn in attitude. They've never been media friendly and I doubt they ever will be. Their choice.

As to an update, what would it say? Hi. Mike and Marcus here. We're busy writing the next album. Have been for four years now. Got some stuf we like but we're not sure when it'll be ready. We would then have a collective orgasm for about a month and then get bored waiting again and pestering them for another update. End result - they updated us for no reason.

But yeah, I know how you feel :wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:Said it before and I'll probably say it again, they don't owe anybody anything. While it would be nice to hear from them, this is hardly an about-turn in attitude. They've never been media friendly and I doubt they ever will be. Their choice.

As to an update, what would it say? Hi. Mike and Marcus here. We're busy writing the next album. Have been for four years now. Got some stuf we like but we're not sure when it'll be ready. We would then have a collective orgasm for about a month and then get bored waiting again and pestering them for another update. End result - they updated us for no reason.

But yeah, I know how you feel :wink:

Yeah, I see your point.

Sherbet Head
Oh Polar, you know you'll be happy when the new album comes out.
You can't quit BoC.

I'd love it if they made an album every year, but in the end, something is better than nothing. BoC could have never released any music, or they could have stopped releasing it at any time. But you know they are still working on it, and because you're 'sick of waiting' you don't like them anymore? Where did that come from?

I'm sorry, but it appears Boards of Canada isn't interested in your fandom criteria. You knew that already though. They owe you nothing. If anything, I personally owe them something like $100 worth of their music that I've pirated. (I'll make it up to 'em, promise!)
Viper.

Sherbet Head
The lack of updates is an issue only if you're constantly looking for them. I think Mike and Marcus would say, get up from your computer, go outside, hang out with your friends, pursue some hobbies, make yourself busy and you won't notice it. And before you know it, the new album will be out and all will be well.

The internet is evil.
Wake up.

Happy Cycler
Herzog wrote:With all due respect, I think you're taking all this a bit too seriously.

But if the lack of new output cause you such distress I would recommend forgetting about them and direct your obsessiveness at something else for a while - a pause if you will - and when you least expect it: Boom! New album and you've got a fresh brain to listen to it with! :)

Come on, everyone on this fucking board is Obsessed with them in some way or another, and if we weren't then we wouldn't have an entire fucking boc pages section made by Fredd E. If we weren't, people on here wouldn't be selling their cars to buy a ticket to just "maybe" see them.

Happy Cycler
CoBoC wrote:Oh Polar, you know you'll be happy when the new album comes out.
You can't quit BoC.

I'd love it if they made an album every year, but in the end, something is better than nothing. BoC could have never released any music, or they could have stopped releasing it at any time. But you know they are still working on it, and because you're 'sick of waiting' you don't like them anymore? Where did that come from?

I'm sorry, but it appears Boards of Canada isn't interested in your fandom criteria. You knew that already though. They owe you nothing. If anything, I personally owe them something like $100 worth of their music that I've pirated. (I'll make it up to 'em, promise!)

oh poor boards of canada. they are soooo busy.

Happy Cycler
Moebius wrote:The lack of updates is an issue only if you're constantly looking for them. I think Mike and Marcus would say, get up from your computer, go outside, hang out with your friends, pursue some hobbies, make yourself busy and you won't notice it. And before you know it, the new album will be out and all will be well.

The internet is evil.
Wake up.

I work 50 + hours a week. Not to mention doing other side work. I am beyond busy.

The Internet is evil, yet you're on it telling me it's evil. :roll:
Last edited by polar sky on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
*wait's for mdg to leave a comment saying "they're hard at work!"*
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.

Posts Quantity
CoBoC wrote:Oh Polar, you know you'll be happy when the new album comes out.
You can't quit BoC.

I'm happy with their album release-pace. I don't really expect them to release another album. I mean it sure would be great if it happens but waiting for it makes you crazy, it's not like it's the only band worth listening too.

I too played them pirated for many years but i recently bought every release i could get my hands on. Felt like it had to be done before it's too late.

Happy Cycler
Please don't give me the "they dont owe you anything bit". If they didn't care about having fans or wanting their music out, then why the fuck did they sign to warp? Why does anyone sign to a label? TO GET YOUR MUSIC OUT! If they feel that they have had enough with it, then fucking say it. They sure don't mind taking my money or yours.
Last edited by polar sky on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Besides BoC, what's got your goat polar?
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Man.. I've discovered so much good music in the interim that I haven't really noticed. Really.

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:Besides BoC, what's got your goat polar?

In all honesty? I just wanted to start some shit.. It get's so boring around here.

But, I AM annoyed about not having new boc. :?
Last edited by polar sky on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Is this that band that sings that song Dawn Choir? I love that song!

Happy Cycler
Shadowshocker wrote:Is this that band that sings that song Dawn Choir? I love that song!

Yup. They also sing Gayvan Crowboy.

Dayvan Cowboy
News just in, no BoC this year ;(
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Happy Cycler
Retrodreaming wrote:News just in, no BoC this year ;(

damn it.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada