New Music70 YouTube Channel? | HOAX

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I stumbled across a youtube user profile for music70 when looking at some fake songs from another thread.

Have we seen this before?

I did a search through the forum and the wiki list as well as through the youtube video collection thread.

The account was apparently created 7 days ago by Michael. At this point, there's only one video posted for '5.9.78', which I've also never seen before. Old news?

CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF

edit: they posted a comment on another video saying, "I can assure you this is not us!" (bold for emphasis)
Last edited by zeitgeist on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eagle Minded
hmmm could this be in preparation for promotion of a new album?

i've never seen this video before....

Eagle Minded
a monks horde

edit: edit
:
Telephasic Workshop

Dayvan Cowboy
:shock:
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Dayvan Cowboy
there's a new video posted 15 minutes ago called '20015'. If it's a fake then it's a polished one. I enjoyed watching it and the music was good.

Edit:

Music7O (6 minutes ago)
More info and updates coming soon.........

*intrigue*
Last edited by Infinite E on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Friendly Stranger
god, I want to believe

Dayvan Cowboy
Infinite E wrote:there's a new video posted 15 minutes ago called '20015'. If it's a fake then it's a polished one. I enjoyed watching it and the music was good.

Edit:

Music7O (6 minutes ago)
More info and updates coming soon.........

*intrigue*
wtf!
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Dayvan Cowboy
I loved that video for '20015', the song was slightly creepy. Just to jump to conclusions here :)

on second thought, it's prob just someone from the watmm aphex forum fucking with us fanboys. we'll see...

(edited for clarification)
Last edited by zeitgeist on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sherbet Head
That video is beautiful...
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S

anyone noticed it's been written music7O in stead of music70.. that's an O of orange...

the original url has already been taken...

dunno what to think of this yet... smells like a hoax. I reckon mdg will soon give some proper info on the matter...

Sherbet Head
it's definetely a fan channel.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:anyone noticed it's been written music7O in stead of music70.. that's an O of orange...

the original url has already been taken...

dunno what to think of this yet... smells like a hoax. I reckon mdg will soon give some proper info on the matter...
So are you saying aswell this means something "O" the letter O which is upper case,where's mdg?
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

New Seed
this is so easy

Sherbet Head
hoax, or just overzealous fan, I'd say. why would the band need to use "seven-letter-oh" instead of "seven-zero"? I'm sure Warp could deal with the youtube people to get them the login they wanted if it were already taken.

EDIT: I don't think it's them but 20015 is seriously well done.
Last edited by Moebius on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy

certainly this image will be of use again in the future either way.
Last edited by zeitgeist on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
I just want to know where tat 20015 song comes from, because it sounds awesome
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.

Moebius wrote:hoax, or just overzealous fan, I'd say. why would the band need to use "seven-letter-oh" instead of "seven-zero"? I'm sure Warp could deal with the youtube people to get them the login they wanted if it were already taken.
Well, Warp sure didn't bother to get their name for the facebook fan page as http://www.facebook.com/boardsofcanada is still owned by some douchebag.. even though there is a procedure at facebook where one could claim his username if already taken by someone else...

but Warp still uses: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boards-Of ... 3926?ref=s as the official link.

Not to forget I've even sent an info mail regarding the matter to info at warp dot net some months ago.. no reply unfortunately.

Sherbet Head
now that I've actually watched them both...

the 5 9 78 video is nice, but it's more abstract that I would expect from BoC. There's two glitches in the audio, an odd sound in the left channel @ 3:24 and a discontinuity in the beat at 3:27. To me, those sound like tape or rip artifacts, and I would think that if this were really from the band, they would be able to use master sources that didn't have them.

the 20015 video... wow, that is quite impressive. I'd like to see more from them, whoever made that... the visual technique seems more in line with what I'd expect from BoC. The music, who knows, in some ways it's unlike anything we've heard from them, but it's not so radically different as to be out of the realm of possibility...

but in the lack of any real positive evidence, occam's razor says it's not them.

Dayvan Cowboy
Moebius wrote:the 20015 video... wow, that is quite impressive. I'd like to see more from them, whoever made that... the visual technique seems more in line with what I'd expect from BoC. The music, who knows, in some ways it's unlike anything we've heard from them, but it's not so radically different as to be out of the realm of possibility...

they did say their next album would be something no one expected. but you are right. i think i'll wait this one out before i get into more speculation.

Sherbet Head
For someone to make a hoax this good, they'd need to have been messing with analog video techniques for years, with an affinity for exactly the sort of visuals and themes BoC's known for. Not saying it's them...but not many fan videos out there even come close...if these are fan done, they're some of the best fan vids I've seen.
Last edited by Skytree on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada