COSMIC DREAMER RADIO: BOARDS OF CANADA SPECIAL

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head
Flory wrote:if you know what I mean.

If "a few songs that happen to be on Old Tunes volumes 1 and 2" is what you mean, then I suppose I know what you mean lol. Also it's not available for listening in the states but judging by the tracklisting on that second link there's nothing here that's not already available elsewhere.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Jango9 wrote:
Flory wrote:if you know what I mean.

If "a few songs that happen to be on Old Tunes volumes 1 and 2" is what you mean, then I suppose I know what you mean lol. Also it's not available for listening in the states but judging by the tracklisting on that second link there's nothing here that's not already available elsewhere.

At least it's higher bit rate.

Sherbet Head
Edit wait hold up a fuck. Image
NTS got something.

Sherbet Head
Flory wrote:Edit wait hold up a fuck. Image
NTS got something.

Sorry to whizz on your cornflakes again, but I listened to that broadcast and it's just R35TT Track 6. You can even hear the beginning of A07 for a couple of seconds before he cuts it off and the next song starts.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Jango9 wrote:
Flory wrote:Edit wait hold up a fuck. Image
NTS got something.

Sorry to whizz on your cornflakes again, but I listened to that broadcast and it's just R35TT Track 6. You can even hear the beginning of A07 for a couple of seconds before he cuts it off and the next song starts.

lol yeah. Starting to think it NTS just went on google to broadcast these or something.
Still nice broadcast.

Boqurant
Can i have link for the broadcast with "5d"?

Sherbet Head
MadMaz wrote:Can i have link for the broadcast with "5d"?

Here. Spectogram says its the same rip we have already herd.
https://www.nts.live/shows/brav/episodes/brav-8th-july-2017

Boqurant
Thanks dude !

Sherbet Head
Wait a second.
Weren't there back catalog copyrighted to Music70 then to Warp?
Who gave them permission to broadcast pieces from old tunes then?
And if they did wouldn't warp just send them a remaster of some sorts?

Then again the brothers may have not been aware that warp had let them broadcast excerpts from old tunes and the station may had just used the common rareboc copy of old tunes.

At a guess, these are the exact same versions we've all heard and nobody gave permission to broadcast them. Then again, do any of us who have put out podcasts about BOC asked Warp for permission or paid royalties regarding their 'official' releases. Nope. ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:At a guess, these are the exact same versions we've all heard and nobody gave permission to broadcast them. Then again, do any of us who have put out podcasts about BOC asked Warp for permission or paid royalties regarding their 'official' releases. Nope. ;-)

Look at all of that attempted noise reduction. I say it was just spiced up for the broadcast so it would not sound as bad.

Which you can do in Audacity right? Highly unlikely BOC have anything to do with it. Sorry ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Which you can do in Audacity right? Highly unlikely BOC have anything to do with it. Sorry ;-)

lol that was my point.

Ha ha! We're agreed then.

Slow down...

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:At a guess, these are the exact same versions we've all heard and nobody gave permission to broadcast them. Then again, do any of us who have put out podcasts about BOC asked Warp for permission or paid royalties regarding their 'official' releases. Nope. ;-)

This.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:

This.

More specifically do any of us who have put out podcasts about BOC asked Warp for permission or paid royalties regarding their 'official' releases. Nope. ;-)

Nova Scotia Robot
I think warp would only really care if someone started making big bucks or at least a decent profit by broadcasting their material.

Return to Boards of Canada