GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
watmm is awesome, the internet doesn't have to be super serious all the time or it would be boring. Feels like people here went over there and got their innocence stolen from them and forever hate the place.

I hope boc does something different yet again, and I have lots of confidence that they will. I don't want another campfire, geogaddi or music htr.

Happy Cycler
lets drop the whole watmm vs. twoism thing please. as a member of both forums, i find it rather tiring. watmm can be very informative about new music releases, and their general banter thread quite often makes me laugh.

twoism is more like my local pub with friendly faces i see everyday after work, watmm is like the big club that everyone goes to on the weekend: you dont like everyone there or everything you see, but you still enjoy it and some of your mates are there too.
"It's been a long time..."

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote:lets drop the whole watmm vs. twoism thing please. as a member of both forums, i find it rather tiring. watmm can be very informative about new music releases, and their general banter thread quite often makes me laugh.

agreed.

Posts Quantity
awesome
A clearance in a wooded area, you startle a deer, it runs into the pines. Vast turquoise lakes and icy rivers, crisp mountain air. A bald eagle soars above. The distant sound of a chainsaw. Redwood smoke

Eagle Minded
hexagon son wrote:
twoism is more like my local pub with friendly faces i see everyday after work, watmm is like the big club that everyone goes to on the weekend: you dont like everyone there or everything you see, but you still enjoy it and some of your mates are there too.

So true. An excellent metaphor.

Eagle Minded
ArbitersGround wrote:I think the people at WATMM can be a bit too cynical. Which is why I post more at this board than that board.

At the same time, I think sometimes users on this board can be a little too overly optimistic, and wishful thinkers. I'm still skeptical about BoC speculation and a new album, but I'm not going to be a bitter ol' fuck about it.

I'll take overly positive people over overly negative people any day. The internet is just a breeding ground for bitter cynics, so Twoism is a pleasant change in my opinion.

Yay for blind optimism! :D

Eagle Minded
lol this thread is hilarious.

Dayvan Cowboy
If you don't like WATMM, don't post there. I don't think it's worth the energy involved slamming them here though. You could definitely make the argument that people are more passionate about one certain thing here, and many people over there are more about whatever passes as the "IDM scene" these days. Being that they are probably more passionate about the genre than any particular group in it, I'm sure they can have a good laugh about all of this from their point of view. I had an account there years ago, haven't posted there in a long time after realizing the Joyrex isn't anyone special, but I don't bag on his website regularly despite it not being my cup of tea.

The internet is such a polarizing place, I think it's a large part of why politics has become so extreme in some cases. For some reason when espousing their opinions online, many people become emboldened by the anonymity and feel the need to put themselves into a certain category, whether it's a favorite band, sports team, and even message boards.

hexagon son wrote:l
Aww..this made me smile. Long live the dive bar that is Twoism.org! Let's raise a glass to the new BoC album.. :)

Happy Cycler
JosephG wrote:lol this thread is hilarious.

yup.

New Seed
As a newbie, I thought it might be helpful and indeed pertinent to this thread, to impart a little information that might not be common knowledge; it could also shed some light on the prolonged and interminable delay with regard to BOC's lack of recent output.
I was having a conversation with Ulrich Schnauss in Dublin a while ago and he quite casually dropped this little nugget into the discourse; that Warp were putting the boys under pressure to tour the next album, whatever the release date. He wouldn't elaborate but you can only speculate as to their reaction. Would this have caused pause for thought, would fledgling tracks have to be rewritten, discarded with this in mind or more likely , would they take stock. sit back and review their relationship with their label. Just some food for thought in juxtaposition to the prevailing opinion that they're being mysterious for mysteriousness sake.

Dayvan Cowboy
tonymorc wrote:As a newbie, I thought it might be helpful and indeed pertinent to this thread, to impart a little information that might not be common knowledge; it could also shed some light on the prolonged and interminable delay with regard to BOC's lack of recent output.
I was having a conversation with Ulrich Schnauss in Dublin a while ago and he quite casually dropped this little nugget into the discourse; that Warp were putting the boys under pressure to tour the next album, whatever the release date. He wouldn't elaborate but you can only speculate as to their reaction. Would this have caused pause for thought, would fledgling tracks have to be rewritten, discarded with this in mind or more likely , would they take stock. sit back and review their relationship with their label. Just some food for thought in juxtaposition to the prevailing opinion that they're being mysterious for mysteriousness sake.

+1, Interesting!

Boqurant
tonymorc wrote:As a newbie, I thought it might be helpful and indeed pertinent to this thread, to impart a little information that might not be common knowledge; it could also shed some light on the prolonged and interminable delay with regard to BOC's lack of recent output.

So what does everyone think this all means?
Iraq says nineteen people died.

Eagle Minded

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Hopefully the delay is due to planning a tour, interviews etc.

Happy Cycler
A Balloon wrote:

So what does everyone think this all means?

Who knows, it's all he said she said to me anymore. No offense or anything to you "A Balloon".

Hexagon Sun Official

This post caught my eye. Not only is this a lot of made-up rubbish, but it doesn't even make any sense. And it's probably not a good idea to be putting words in the mouths of innocent artists, either.

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt. It's his first post, so the trolling potential is pretty high.

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote:This post caught my eye. Not only is this a lot of made-up rubbish, but it doesn't even make any sense. And it's probably not a good idea to be putting words in the mouths of innocent artists, either.

Damn, I was already dreaming of a Boards of Canada tour :(
Anyway, mdg seems to read our posts, I'm sure he laughs a lot by seeing us wanting so much the new album!

Friendly Stranger
Anyone else take a break from waiting for the new BOC album to play Portal 2? Was really, really good.

Sherbet Head
Pretty in Pink wrote:Anyone else take a break from waiting for the new BOC album to play Portal 2? Was really, really good.

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada