*The Little Black Box Thread (plus other random twaddle)*

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
I love EPs. But hell no, this upcoming release is something BIG. And it's coming soon!

Jesus it's like everyone says the same things over and over "there is def a release coming" "It'll be soon!" "OMG TWO DICKS? OR ONE? WHATEVER IM STILL HAPPY!" "FUCK YOU IM BASEFREE! FUCK YOU IM BASEFREE!" (turqoise70)

Oh well, we cant help it, we're all so excited...
Iraq says nineteen people died.

Dayvan Cowboy
Tarsier wrote:i vote that the stuff theyve been working on the last 6 years (probly a 2 disc album) is finished and they are starting work on their next album right now, or an EP

that sounds perfect. i hope you're right.

Sherbet Head
It would blow my mind if there were 2 discs that mirror each other. For instance track one on disc 1 compliments track one on disc 2. And it adds a new dimension if you play them at the same time.

I heard Druqks was supposed to work like that, but my friend and I tried it and it didn't work.

Seeya_Later wrote:It would blow my mind if there were 2 discs that mirror each other. For instance track one on disc 1 compliments track one on disc 2. And it adds a new dimension if you play them at the same time.

I heard Druqks was supposed to work like that, but my friend and I tried it and it didn't work.

Didn't Flaming Lips do that years ago but with 4x CD's? Apparently it was a nightmare trying to start all four at once...

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:Seeya_Later wrote: It would blow my mind if there were 2 discs that mirror each other. For instance track one on disc 1 compliments track one on disc 2. And it adds a new dimension if you play them at the same time.

Didn't Flaming Lips do that years ago but with 4x CD's? Apparently it was a nightmare trying to start all four at once...

Yes - it was Zaireeka (sp?), just before The Soft Bulletin. They released a couple of the tracks on the cd singles of Race for the Prize (ah, the heady days of the late 1990s with formatted cd singles - possibly the precise moment the music industry shot itself in the foot). It was indeed a pain the arse to cue up.

Posts Quantity
That would be something I could see them doing, but I doubt they ever would

Sherbet Head
5.1 baby

Eagle Minded
I say they made a fantasia like film to accommodate the CD, like sufjan stevens' The BQE.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Posts Quantity
Seeya_Later wrote:5.1 baby

Yes, please. Probably the closest thing we'd ever get to any BoC multitracks would be the 6 mono wavs from a 5.1 release. It would be fun to pull that apart.

Happy Cycler
Their myspace reads "In the Studio" - posted 3 days ago.... mixing down the master perhaps?

Eagle Minded
fujee wrote:Their myspace reads "In the Studio" - posted 3 days ago.... mixing down the master perhaps?

It would kill them to let us know. Literally - it's a life threatening condition where any communication with the people who enjoy their music instantly depurifies their precious bodily fluids. Unfortunately this is terminal even with liberal applications of a grain alcohol/rain water mixture.

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Their myspace reads "In the Studio" - posted 3 days ago.... mixing down the master perhaps?

If they have a placeholder up, then I can only believe that mixing/mastering must have already been done. Surely it must be in the hands of Warp by now.

Happy Cycler
quite exciting to hear some genuine activity though, not just speculation on the part of an ominous black box - not saying this thread was unnecessary at all, as it was mere speculation - Mexicola did a grand job alerting us all :)

Can you imagine a Warp listening party for this new material (if its coming out) that must be so exciting as a fan, to hear something so ridiculously anticipated before many.

Happy Cycler
warp is probably less than happy with the new release like they were with Plaid's, and are going to drop them shortly.
"It's been a long time..."

Eagle Minded
A Balloon wrote:Symmetry theory?

Cmon, whoever developed that is a f*ckin idiot.

If BoC wanted to "straighten things out" on their website, they would have rearranged the boxes. They would have changed the layout, if they actually wanted to, but everyone knows damn well that they like it all that way.
The fact is that they are doing exactly what they did for TCH and TCHEP(Omg..has anyone ever realised that The Campfire Headphase and Trans Canada Highway have the same abbreviations? :lol: )

BoC wouldn't be so blind as to put a random box on their website without thinking first about how cruel that would be to their fans. They aren't cruel.

There will be info soon.

Sit the hell down.

I did :(
But I didn't mean for it to be considered more likely than a new album---merely a possibility

Boqurant
Echo the Sun wrote:
A Balloon wrote:Symmetry theory?

Cmon, whoever developed that is a f*ckin idiot.

If BoC wanted to "straighten things out" on their website, they would have rearranged the boxes. They would have changed the layout, if they actually wanted to, but everyone knows damn well that they like it all that way.
The fact is that they are doing exactly what they did for TCH and TCHEP(Omg..has anyone ever realised that The Campfire Headphase and Trans Canada Highway have the same abbreviations? :lol: )

BoC wouldn't be so blind as to put a random box on their website without thinking first about how cruel that would be to their fans. They aren't cruel.

There will be info soon.

Sit the hell down.

I did :(
But I didn't mean for it to be considered more likely than a new album---merely a possibility

Excuse my bitchiness...I wasn't very happy that day :)
Iraq says nineteen people died.

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote:warp is probably less than happy with the new release like they were with Plaid's, and are going to drop them shortly.

ANATHEM! BOC are God!
grins

The whole idea of a label not happy with a band is ludicrous, if the fans want it, what does the label care that someone on the label side feels unhappy about it.

Labels will whore out anything they can by any band in any style of music.

The music industry is not where it is right now without reason.

Sherbet Head
hexagon son wrote:warp is probably less than happy with the new release like they were with Plaid's, and are going to drop them shortly.

I've heard a few references to plaid being droped by warp or something.
Is there more info about this somewhere?

Dayvan Cowboy
Aww man I like Plaid. Also I agree with the fact that the line between the artists and the fans shouldn't be controlled like that.

Eagle Minded
. .. .. .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .... ..

1-3--1------------18----------1------8---1-1

1-6--4------------36----------6-----16--4-2

74/75(?)
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada