*The Little Black Box Thread (plus other random twaddle)*

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Kinski wrote:i hope they record their new album with paula abdul just to see the mayhem it may cause here.

paula is on massive amounts of drugs

cant even speak sometimes.
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Eagle Minded
Well, I'm sure the brothers would be able to transform "eunneh hennah buah nahhenna haahn" into something listenable through the power of imagination and vintage technology.

Dayvan Cowboy
mdg just came to my house with a tube of Pringles and told me that they've been experimenting with new ways of recording: they're in a cage full of aged cats tripping on acid and rabid foxes trying to make an authentic replica of the sound of a full orchestra on the sound chip of a ZX Spectrum.

I gushed with excitement, and we ate the Pringles while watching old episodes of David Lynch's "On The Air" till late in the night, at which time he said he had to go back to his homeplanet.

I cried for a while at his having to leave, but knew that he had to protect his homeplanet from the invaders.

Then I noticed he blocked my toilet.

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:mdg just came to my house with a tube of Pringles and told me that they've been experimenting with new ways of recording: they're in a cage full of aged cats tripping on acid and rabid foxes trying to make an authentic replica of the sound of a full orchestra on the sound chip of a ZX Spectrum.

I gushed with excitement, and we ate the Pringles while watching old episodes of David Lynch's "On The Air" till late in the night, at which time he said he had to go back to his homeplanet.

I cried for a while at his having to leave, but knew that he had to protect his homeplanet from the invaders.

:lol:, seriously
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
turquoise70 wrote:
Treefingers wrote:mdg just came to my house with a tube of Pringles and told me that they've been experimenting with new ways of recording: they're in a cage full of aged cats tripping on acid and rabid foxes trying to make an authentic replica of the sound of a full orchestra on the sound chip of a ZX Spectrum.

:lol:, seriously

Jesus Murphy! :lol:

Sherbet Head

What flavor of Pringles, this is important...

Happy Cycler
Vexille wrote:

What flavor of Pringles, this is important...

I too would like to know what flavor of Pringles it was.

Sherbet Head
verandi wrote:*refreshes discography page*

Dayvan Cowboy
Grunts... where's mdg when you need him :wink:

Happy Cycler
Magrathea wrote:Grunts... where's mdg when you need him :wink:

Listening to the new album.

Posts Quantity
if there's nothing by the last day of march I will skip twoism for at least one day.
whooosh

Eagle Minded
PadraïK wrote:if there's nothing by the last day of march I will skip twoism for at least one day.

That takes balls, bro.

Eagle Minded
Stry Craty Bya wrote:
iec wrote:my BoC dream album is:

(a) an album of (funky fresh / dark) dance beats like ATP Track 7, Spiro, Warp10 Track 7
(b) whatever they've got coming next

I disagree :?

But I know that whatever they end up giving us I'll love! :D

you disagree about what my dream album is?

(everyone's got a different one :D)
Last edited by iec on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Posts Quantity
whooosh

Sherbet Head
BoC should put something like this into their next album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8cJUjISwfg
:lol:

Sherbet Head
PIZZA PRINGLES

the best, of course
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Posts Quantity
nick47 wrote:PIZZA PRINGLES

the best, of course

They are the best flavour, by far.
Paul White

Cloudhead Games

Sherbet Head
I hope they have new tracks like You Could Feel the Sky, that make your hair stand on end. The kind of track that causes you to lose sleep because you can't get the terrifying (but beautiful) track out of your head. The Color of the Fire is like that too. Does anybody else feel that way about any tracks?

I think for me, that could be one of my favorite things about BoC, the fact that they can make a track that can be extremely terrifying, and yet I can't freaking get enough of it. And it never seems to lose that feeling.
Nobody else can do that (Except pehaps RDJ, on occasion, but still not quite).

Eagle Minded
bleak. wrote:
Pretty in Pink wrote:Hope the new album has Echus in high-quality.

yes please.

While we're at it, my pipe dream would be to have 5.9.78 in enhanced quality.

Sherbet Head
Stry Craty Bya wrote:While we're at it, my pipe dream would be to have 5.9.78 in enhanced quality.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada