Happy Cycling sample source?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49XwdRMcy0

Does any of it sound familiar to you?
I can't put my finger on it.
Escpecially around the 0:24 mark it starts to sound like some of the background noises of happy cycling.

Eagle Minded
Seeya_Later wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49XwdRMcy0

Does any of it sound familiar to you?
I can't put my finger on it.
Escpecially around the 0:24 mark it starts to sound like some of the background noises of happy cycling.

It would seem you cracked it sir.

I que'd both of these songs up EXACTLY the same tempo amazing find sir.
'

Edit: Maybe not "EXACTLY" but damn close.
Nyetscape.bandcamp.com
Nyetscape.tumblr.com

Sherbet Head
I cant hear this sample in happy cycling, but the rythem and atmosphere is soo close, almost the same just with a snare and a tighter kick in happy cycling; But I wouldnt be surprised if this did inspire them in some way.

It also sounds like one of the website samples, or maby oldwebsite samples cant remember just now. The samples for happy cycling are in some pack of their old website sounds, btw. Im sure there was a link floating around here recently.

I think there was a thread about something simmilar to this a while back (again could be wrong, i'm way too tired right now).

Interesting find though.

Happy Cycler
Yeah I remember someone posting this a while back. Sounds pretty close though.

Sherbet Head
Again it's just more evidence that BoC hardly looks to "electronic" music for inspiration.

Eagle Minded
This is very interesting. I love the Floyd and I have never heard this song. Really quite great and it really seems as if they were inspired by this source. Of course it may be coincidence but it is very close.

Is this video officially linked to the music? If so then it's rather obvious BoC might have been intrigued by this as Marcus Eoin lists Zabriskie Point as his #4 most favourite movie.

source

Boqurant
The Peel Session version (as broadcast on the night, not the version released) samples the Pink Floyd track right at the start.

It was on YouTube for a while. I think the poster removed it, though.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:Is this video officially linked to the music? If so then it's rather obvious BoC might have been intrigued by this as Marcus Eoin lists Zabriskie Point as his #4 most favourite movie.

source

Yeah, Pink Floyd made the soundtrack to the movie.

Posts Quantity
Strange, but it also reminds of the 5d track...

Eagle Minded
sloshnpecs wrote:The Peel Session version (as broadcast on the night, not the version released) samples the Pink Floyd track right at the start.

I NEED THIS.

Posts Quantity
Elephant Face wrote:
sloshnpecs wrote:The Peel Session version (as broadcast on the night, not the version released) samples the Pink Floyd track right at the start.

I NEED THIS.
yeah for sure, I've been wanting to find the actual peel session version for a while

Sherbet Head
Here I was thinking I was so clever for finding this. You guys are WAY ahead of me.

It really seems to be pure chance whether you stumble upon a BoC sample source or not.

Sherbet Head
Evrox wrote:Strange, but it also reminds of the 5d track...

thats exactly what i thought.. i hear a bunch of background noise that reminds me of 747 and the various versions of it.

Eagle Minded
So I'm sick and I woke up in the middle of the night and found a download link in this thread that has since been removed. Currently listening to the track right now, so I know it wasn't just a fever dream. So I guess this is the version that had a funky name listing from the Peel Session? I swear I read that here once:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Peel_Session

Posts Quantity
Elephant Face wrote:So I'm sick and I woke up in the middle of the night and found a download link in this thread that has since been removed.

That was me, WTF? Didn't someone once post a link to the Random 35 Track Tape in its entirety?

Eagle Minded
Dragon wrote:
Elephant Face wrote:So I'm sick and I woke up in the middle of the night and found a download link in this thread that has since been removed.

That was me, WTF? Didn't someone once post a link to the Random 35 Track Tape in its entirety?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there was a thread a few weeks ago where people had the wrong track names labeled and there were links up to the definitive version. But thanks man! I've listened to it a couple times, and it seems the only real difference is the inclusion of the sample from the OP.

Posts Quantity
I have heard the seagull sample in some other electronica tune. I think it must be on some sort of stock sound effects CD.

Return to Boards of Canada