Media in which you believe Boc made music for?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
I've seen this talked about a little bit on here before but I'm curious if you guys have come across other media that you think Boc may have work on themselves with their music expertise?

Eagle Minded
Off the top of my head I know they have contributed the tracks: Ready Let's Go and Gyroscope to the movie soundtracks of: Baby Driver and Sinister respectively.
As far as uniquely created works for medias, I'm actually not too sure off the top of my head. Should be on the Bocpages site though if you delve enough.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Happy Cycler
They have definitely done commercials.

phpBB [media]

I think they did one for Nissan, too.

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:They have definitely done commercials.

phpBB [media]

Was that track specifically made for the commercial or am I just totally blanking on the name? I've heard it many times before but not in context (i.e., never seen this commercial!)

Friendly Stranger
burst__of__indigo wrote:

phpBB [media]

Was that track specifically made for the commercial or am I just totally blanking on the name? I've heard it many times before but not in context (i.e., never seen this commercial!)

It is basically part of A is to B as B is to C as C is to D as D is to E as E is to F on Geogaddi,
but the exact version is more like ATP track number 3, which is probably where you may recognize the full version from.
Also I think some version of it was in 'webloops', but I might be making that up.

Posts Quantity
Aesthetikx wrote:
burst__of__indigo wrote:

phpBB [media]

It is basically part of A is to B as B is to C as C is to D as D is to E as E is to F on Geogaddi,
but the exact version is more like ATP track number 3, which is probably where you may recognize the full version from.
Also I think some version of it was in 'webloops', but I might be making that up.
Thank you! Definitely A is to B. Though I've heard the other versions as well!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
burst__of__indigo wrote:
Aesthetikx wrote:
burst__of__indigo wrote:Was that track specifically made for the commercial or am I just totally blanking on the name? I've heard it many times before but not in context (i.e., never seen this commercial!)

This is a personal favorite, I believe the melody underneath the flutes (A is to B, ATP, Sixtyniner) is unique to this ad, the tune is registered on BMI as "Flute Frum Thing" and really needs a proper release imo

Posts Quantity
Nottoolate wrote:
burst__of__indigo wrote:
Aesthetikx wrote:[quote="burst__of__indigo"]

This is a personal favorite, I believe the melody underneath the flutes (A is to B, ATP, Sixtyniner) is unique to this ad, the tune is registered on BMI as "Flute Frum Thing" and really needs a proper release imo[/quote]Yea it does sound different. Love it. Didn't think to check the BMI registration. When did the commercial release?

Happy Cycler
Ohh. THAT is where the song title Flute From Thing came from.

It's interesting how many different variations of music they made using that same instrument setup. I would not be surprised if they did that kind of thing with other tracks, too.

Sherbet Head

Dayvan Cowboy
I honestly have a feeling they were namelessly involved in Cartoon Network in the very late 90's up until 2004-ish.

Don't ask why, I am probably wrong :mrgreen:

Posts Quantity
I love that one might think they sold out because of that Italian telecom ad, but in interviews they've openly called Leo DiCaprio a 'wanker'

Seems truer than ever today, mega yacht orgy man saving the planet with his global warming precautions!

I also used to think they were 'stingy' by not being very active on social media / maintaining fully private lives, but I've sorta gone that way over the years myself from social media and screeching exhaustion and I'm a no one -- cant imagine how thats exacerbated with some fame and following

..I am UNBELIEVABLY ready for a new EP or LP though
**If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.**

Return to Boards of Canada