GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:Do you realize how insecure it would look if Mike Sandison had the BoC twitter account follow Mike Sandison?

Haha which is the sock puppet account? Mike or BOC?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I wasn’t implying a sock account. I was saying it’s silly to think that Mike Sandison would have BoC follow himself.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:I wasn’t implying a sock account. I was saying it’s silly to think that Mike Sandison would have BoC follow himself.

I know. I was just joking. Like which one would be the sock puppet account, the man or the group he's in.

Eagle Minded
Ah! Well, definitely the man.

Dayvan Cowboy
TBH, I remember reading that Mike struggles with depression and us depressed people love having an outlet on social media to express our thoughts. Sort of to get things off our chest and get people to empathize/sympathize.

Yes, even the legendary IDM gods of organic electronics feel bad every once in a while haha.

For some reason I think this is real. Else Warp would have nixed an account impersonating their top artist. Just as they would not let someone run around Twitter with a Richard D. James account. (I'm sure that Richard would be fine with it, but Warp, probably not haha)

Dayvan Cowboy
Also just me theorizing as usual. I'll let what happens next fill in the blanks :)

Posts Quantity
ever since the campfire headphase 7 years has just been 1 day for boc
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
I think it's legit, otherwise WARP or Mike himself would have shown the guy out.

Eagle Minded
I mean some lyrics are a perfect way of sending another message. Gotta good feeling about it

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:I mean some lyrics are a perfect way of sending another message. Gotta good feeling about it

These lyrics deal with personal freedom. Which is a subject of "A Beautiful Place..." too. If it's really Mike posting, maybe we can actually expect something to happen on the 20th anniversary of the EP.

Dayvan Cowboy
I was very skeptical at first, but I think I'm finally with you guys on this. It's amazing that the account hasn't been debunked at all by now. I wonder if Joyrex over at watmm might have any info on this. If anyone here is a member there (I'm not), please ask him.

Eagle Minded
Pretty sure the WATMM BoC section is just a place for fans to be snide about Reddit/Twosim users.

Navaru wrote:Pretty sure the WATMM BoC section is just a place for fans to be snide about Reddit/Twosim users.

Well, yes.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:"They can never get that close
Guesses at most

Guesses based on what each set
Of time and change is touching"

Acknowledging our flailing in the dark and that they appreciate us caring enough to do it, even though we're way off?

Very bittersweet lyrics. They could apply to the unpredictability of fate or our own predictions for the future of BOC.

Again, the reason I think this is real is that there were very similar messages in Societas along the lines of "Here in the wind tunnel (Hexagon Sun studios) the fearful forces (BOC) plot their pattern (the next BOC release) by proxy (other artists' music) and one day, we shall know..."

Friendly Stranger
looking for clues for a new album seems so unrealistic that im not even sure the other albums were ever actually released

Eagle Minded
It’s becoming slightly masochistic.

Dayvan Cowboy
ColdEarth7 wrote:looking for clues for a new album seems so unrealistic that im not even sure the other albums were ever actually released

Boards of Canada is just an Aphex Twin side project.

Dayvan Cowboy
ColdEarth7 wrote:looking for clues for a new album seems so unrealistic that im not even sure the other albums were ever actually released

Must have been cool to be there when they were releasing albums every three years or so.

Friendly Stranger
It seems that Gemini is unavailable on spotify from the album. But if you search it manually you can still listen it. Can somebody confirm?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
Works fine in the app

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada