GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Haha I know man, I was just saying in general about the banner.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
hope WARP put the turquose banner soon....

metal cyclosa is killing my vibe

Happy Cycler
Was the banner color change before or after SOPHIE died? If after I am thinking they are simply paying respect.

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:Was the banner color change before or after SOPHIE died? If after I am thinking they are simply paying respect.

before i believe, and guys not to be cynical but they just changed it to the classic warp purple, not sure why anyone thinks this is a special banner at all. RIP SOPHIE though, sad day.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:Why would it be anything other than something Warpy or something for squid? Everything is Squid based and deservedly so. It would be unfair to have all this promotion for them and all of a sudden some BoC clue to steal their thunder.
Nice to be wrong though.
Quite like that Squid tune too.

I was joking about the banner, since honestly, I'm kind of amused how Warp posts a blue background and a bunch of people on facebook bring up BOC. (Which is good, hopefully Warp will get the message. jk :lol: )

The call for moar BoC from the fans has been steadily intensifying ever since the HI banner. They have to realize that everyone would be willing to drop a decent amount of money for a new album.

mechanismj wrote:Was the banner color change before or after SOPHIE died? If after I am thinking they are simply paying respect.

The day before.

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:

The day before.

Hmm. Yeah, I dunno. Could mean anything. Now, if it were turquoise...

Dayvan Cowboy
Knifeyspooney wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think MDG himself would more likely give an "Ask Me Anything" but considering how scarce he is these days, I'd doubt that too. At least I feel users would be nicer to him than they were 10 years ago if he did do it :)

If anyone would be able to propose this to MDG with any kind of potential for success, I think it would actually be FreddE.

I'd like to believe that if a certain set of terms and conditions were set ahead of an AMA, that hopefully something like this could actually happen.

FreddE has tried to organize something like this in the past and from what I understand, it was denied or the boys/mdg ignored it. Can't remember.

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:before i believe, and guys not to be cynical but they just changed it to the classic warp purple, not sure why anyone thinks this is a special banner at all. RIP SOPHIE though, sad day.

Yeah, thinking this has anything to do with new BoC is a massive stretch. Do people think BoC is Warp's only artist or something?

Friendly Stranger
The Tomorrow's Harvest promotional campaign is something I feel that people should be more aware was *very* intrinsic to the release of that album thematically and not something that one should necessarily expect from BOC generally in future

If something is released, I would imagine that it will come from the horse's mouth albeit that such a message or "transmission" might also be cryptic, but when such a process starts, we will almost certainly be aware of it in such a way as for it to be irrefutable that there is activity

I know how much we are all in anticipation of a new release and it is natural to gravitate towards anything that could signify even the slightest hint of that kind of activity

Dayvan Cowboy
I have a good feeling if Warp had a new BOC album, they'd release it. They probably don't due to the bros' obsession with perfection.

Double edged sword really. I honestly think Harvest was too overly slick and it lacked the dynamics of the previous albums. Four years gestation time was perfect for Geogaddi though!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:Do people think BoC is Warp's only artist or something?
Santa does exist, right?

Eagle Minded
Tim Allen exists.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:Tim Allen exists.

Now you're just going too far.

There's no such thing as Tim Allen.

Happy Cycler
Navaru wrote:Tim Allen exists.

Only on the weekends.

Eagle Minded
Speaking of Tim Allen...... there was this old Philly punk musician, Atom and his Package, that had a song called "Tim Allen is not very funny". That song doesn't exist anywhere on the internet streaming platforms now, and I only imagine that Atom and his Package got sued by Mr. Allen himself.

Side note: you guys might like Atom's music... he used a sequencer and was highly influenced by Devo.

https://www.discogs.com/Atom-His-Packag ... ase/542709

Eagle Minded
That’s a great band name.

Dayvan Cowboy
I know this is the BOC equivalent of believing a doomsayer on the street, but something funny crossed my mind:

The reddit guy actually predicted a BOC release in April. What's bizarre is that Warp pushed the Squid release far away to May, and this happened after the reddit guy made his post! It's either he's lucky at predicting something that isn't happening, or well, perhaps there might be some credibility to what he says.

Take this with a grain of sand, but I'd keep his prophesized February 27th announcement date in mind and see if anything pans out.

(I probably just made a troll really happy by posting this, but it's been really dry around here lately haha)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I know this is the BOC equivalent of believing a doomsayer on the street, but something funny crossed my mind:

The reddit guy actually predicted a BOC release in April. What's bizarre is that Warp pushed the Squid release far away to May, and this happened after the reddit guy made his post! It's either he's lucky at predicting something that isn't happening, or well, perhaps there might be some credibility to what he says.

Take this with a grain of sand, but I'd keep his prophesized February 27th announcement date in mind and see if anything pans out.

(I probably just made a troll really happy by posting this, but it's been really dry around here lately haha)

I don't believe the Reddit post, however something else to consider, both PLUS and SIGN from autechre where predicted months ahead of release, so... These things can leak, it's in the realm of possibility.

However, I don't buy this particular Reddit post.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
Echelon wrote:I know this is the BOC equivalent of believing a doomsayer on the street, but something funny crossed my mind:

I don't believe the Reddit post, however something else to consider, both PLUS and SIGN from autechre where predicted months ahead of release, so... These things can leak, it's in the realm of possibility.

However, I don't buy this particular Reddit post.

I think the interesting approach taken by the redditor was to reference an event from Native American lore. Which is more of a low-key interest of theirs with Pete Standing Alone, and that one hard to spell track on TCH.

That and telling us that there are musical themes reminiscent of TH since MDG once said there were multiple albums being produced and I think even that Tomorrow's Harvest was a double album.

But really, in spite of this, anyone can make great Boc fanfiction. I'm a writer myself and I'm sure if I sat down, I could concoct a similar awesome hypothetical BOC album. I just thought I'd put it out there that the hypothetical timeline created by the redditor matches up with Warp's release schedule so far.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada