GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
It's annoying waiting for that album so I'm hearing more and more BOC in the music I listen to.

Call it Stockholm syndrome if you will but soon any Noise album will be like a new BOC album to me.

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:It's annoying waiting for that album so I'm hearing more and more BOC in the music I listen to.

Call it Stockholm syndrome if you will but soon any Noise album will be like a new BOC album to me.

I've been on a Daft Punk binge (hence the avatar and such) and their final album has a lot of BOC-ish moments on it. What's funny is in between the Pharrell funk and the sad robo-ballads, there's some really ballsy creative stuff that reminds me of when BOC use their acid-influenced approach. The Giorgio tribute, the track Motherboard and especially the Poppy Seed like synth lines on Touch are all stuff few electronic people could think of and execute so brilliantly. Very much reminds me of BOC at their best, simply more theatrical.

I feel BOC had a very "Love is the Answer" moment recently with Sometimes. Responding to the nihilism of the current age with the only thing that can truly compete with it- positivity and love. Perhaps like Daft Punk, BOC's full album will reach the same conclusion the Beatles made in 1968- All you need is love.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Man all of your points are valid but I'm still grieving DP. Please don't do this to me.

Friendly Stranger
Darn, we had almost had more than a full day of silence on this thread haha
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:Man all of your points are valid but I'm still grieving DP. Please don't do this to me.

Haha sorry, my friend. Simply appreciating one of the best electronic talents alongside BOC. I'm honestly surprised Warp never tried to snatch them up XD
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
raybshot wrote:Darn, we had almost had more than a full day of silence on this thread haha

Not now, we're almost at page 747 :(
yes, i would love to be free!

NorthSaturnian wrote:
raybshot wrote:Darn, we had almost had more than a full day of silence on this thread haha

We are already according to my view?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

What? We're at 744.
Weird stuff is hapenning.

The plot thickens!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

It's page 744 on my end

portiss wrote:Weird stuff is hapenning.

The plot thickens!

Speaking of weird stuff, why is Mexicola's status https://www.twoism.org/forum/memberlist.php?mode=group banned? Is this a known bug thing? Sorry for derailing the thread a bit
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
I don't mind this thread being constantly bumped because I don't click on it expecting to find big news or anything, I just like seeing what people are talking about, it kind of feels like a "boards of canada bar" sometimes, I wonder if a thread like that would work, it'd be like 'This Random Thread' except for boc related chatter, random things that aren't worth making a thread for them.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
How about BOC GENERAL? @Mexicola

Sorry to disappoint but rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. ;-)

Slow down...

Fredd-E wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

My bad.

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Sorry to disappoint but rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. ;-)

Is that not exactly what a doppelganger would say? :}

Only the true Messiah denies his divinity.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Tomorrows Harvest is a terrible swansong, it's one of my favourite albums of all time but it's WAY too dark to be their last album, they need to end on a brighter note than that... Please... Give me hope for the future, we can't end with the apocalypse

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:Tomorrows Harvest is a terrible swansong, it's one of my favourite albums of all time but it's WAY too dark to be their last album, they need to end on a brighter note than that... Please... Give me hope for the future, we can't end with the apocalypse

"As they talk about their favorite films - the psychedelic surf movie Crystal Voyager, Antonioni's panoramic Zabriskie Point - Mike and Marcus come across as committed to their art and curious about life. "If all goes according to plan, everything we've done so far will be just one stage in our development," Mike says, " Boards of Canada is the tip of the iceberg."

-The Wire, October 2005

"https://bocpages.org/wiki/Protect_and_Survive_(interview)"

BoC do not seem to be driven by publishing their material, but that quote gives me hope that TH was not the only thing they had planned for the future. They have kids and lives, making their delay between releases more understandable. But they did Societas X tape, and several remixes. They're still very much active and I fully expect more albums - and maybe something more ambitious.

Sherbet Head
mthrndr wrote:
demo wrote:Tomorrows Harvest is a terrible swansong, it's one of my favourite albums of all time but it's WAY too dark to be their last album, they need to end on a brighter note than that... Please... Give me hope for the future, we can't end with the apocalypse

"As they talk about their favorite films - the psychedelic surf movie Crystal Voyager, Antonioni's panoramic Zabriskie Point - Mike and Marcus come across as committed to their art and curious about life. "If all goes according to plan, everything we've done so far will be just one stage in our development," Mike says, " Boards of Canada is the tip of the iceberg."

-The Wire, October 2005

"https://bocpages.org/wiki/Protect_and_Survive_(interview)"

BoC do not seem to be driven by publishing their material, but that quote gives me hope that TH was not the only thing they had planned for the future. They have kids and lives, making their delay between releases more understandable. But they did Societas X tape, and several remixes. They're still very much active and I fully expect more albums - and maybe something more ambitious.

i would love to see a full length film directed and scored by the bros. funny thing is, it probably exists! only shown at redmoon parties to the select chosen few.

Happy Cycler
northernlite wrote:
i would love to see a full length film directed and scored by the bros. funny thing is, it probably exists! only shown at redmoon parties to the select chosen few.

I have this strange feeling this exact comment has been made on this message board at least 30 times!

I wonder if there is a rip in the space / time continuum somewhere near these comments.

(Strange. Now I feel the same about what I just said... hmm...)

Something. Happening. To me... but... what?!

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:
northernlite wrote:

I have this strange feeling this exact comment has been made on this message board at least 31 times!

I wonder if there is a rip in the space / time continuum somewhere near these comments.

I have this strange feeling this exact comment has been made on this message board at least 30 times!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada