GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Twoist wrote:
North by North wrote:I predict this thread reaches 1,000 or more posts before any release.

Hope I'm wrong :wink:

Likely to be the only correct prediction in this thread.

Again, numbers 10000, getting rid of that, doesn't work

Posts Quantity
Since there’s no hype in this thread right now, I just want to post about how cool http://www.NewClearDawn.com/ is. The site has been up for years, and unlike other Hexgon Sun affiliated sites, it thankfully isn’t blank.

I’ve always dug the graphic. The occult imagery combined with corporate aesthetic gives off such a weird vibe. I get that it’s sort of a joke page, a placeholder for nothing that came to be. That being said, the site has always intrigued me and if ever New Clear Dawn comes to be an album I would be there for it.

Anybody have any thoughts or speculation regarding the website?

New Seed
HappyCyclist wrote:Since there’s no hype in this thread right now, I just want to post about how cool http://www.NewClearDawn.com/ is. The site has been up for years, and unlike other Hexgon Sun affiliated sites, it thankfully isn’t blank.

I’ve always dug the graphic. The occult imagery combined with corporate aesthetic gives off such a weird vibe. I get that it’s sort of a joke page, a placeholder for nothing that came to be. That being said, the site has always intrigued me and if ever New Clear Dawn comes to be an album I would be there for it.

I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

Posts Quantity
mulchy13 wrote:
HappyCyclist wrote:Since there’s no hype in this thread right now, I just want to post about how cool http://www.NewClearDawn.com/ is. The site has been up for years, and unlike other Hexgon Sun affiliated sites, it thankfully isn’t blank.

I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

fnord

Happy Cycler
I wonder if New Clear Dawn was an early title for what became Tomorrow's Harvest. There is a feeling of similarity there.

Dayvan Cowboy
mulchy13 wrote:I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

Yes, NewClearDawn.com is confirmed to be owned by Boards of Canada. Frontline Net Observation Research & Development also initializes to "FNORD," another Discordianism reference (along with the eye and the pyramid).

I think it probably was an unused element of the TH ARG, since it included the owl (connecting to the "I OVERFLOW MAN/OWL OF MINERVA" from TH) and it's been around since well before the release of TH. Most likely they just have the domain set to auto-renew.

Eagle Minded
mulchy13 wrote:I don't understand. Check the link. Its just a regular company logo. Nothing else. We must be talking about different things. But I think im quite ignorant actually. Can you explain to me what you mea exactly by hexagon sun affiliated sites? Sites attach BOC? You are saying this is owned or closely related to the brothers?

I'm pretty sure on some database it showed that the same email/name that registered music70.com, boardsofcanada.com and hexagonsun.com also registered newcleardawn.com. Also the Eye of Providence? F.N.O.R.D? Some interesting Illuminatus references, and as we all know BoC love that series.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:

I'm pretty sure on some database it showed that the same email/name that registered music70.com, boardsofcanada.com and hexagonsun.com also registered newcleardawn.com. Also the Eye of Providence? F.N.O.R.D? Some interesting Illuminatus references, and as we all know BoC love that series.

Yes, exactly. The difference is that hexagonsun.com, hellinterface.com, and music70.com are all intentionally blank. Newcleardawn.com stands out— though I agree it could be scrapped material related to TH, it still intrigues me. New Clear Dawn as a title sounds like it could follow Tomorrow’s Harvest.

Posts Quantity
HappyCyclist wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:

Yes, exactly. The difference is that hexagonsun.com, hellinterface.com, and music70.com are all intentionally blank. Newcleardawn.com stands out— though I agree it could be scrapped material related to TH, it still intrigues me. New Clear Dawn as a title sounds like it could follow Tomorrow’s Harvest.

I'm liking this theory, I remember there were rumours of the next record being a double album a year or so before tomorrows harvest came in after something Peter Serafinowicz said on the radio.

If there was meant to be a tied or linked follow up release I think it ought to have been released by now, its probably far more likely that TH had enough written material for a double album but got condensed into its mere 17 tracks, we can still dream though :}

Dayvan Cowboy
Yes, I remember, the double album idea was pretty common during the next summer after release, of 2014th. I remember, was extremely hyped of 8/22, being an album announcement date or an ep. Tho, nothing came from it. So I may agree, that TH was extremely condensed record, or the Brothers didn't thought, taht they need to add something for this record, like before. I'm leaning towards the later.

Dayvan Cowboy
As far as I know the only source for the double album thing was Peter Serafinowicz saying he thought it might be. He never said where he heard that. Every other mention of it seems to go back to that, unless someone has an earlier source. Certainly not heard anyone who's said it came from Warp or the band.

So it's a small difference but I don't know if you can really call out "rumours" so much as it was "one guy who had a radio show getting it wrong" and that spreading out from there.

Boqurant
arvy wrote:Yes, I remember, the double album idea was pretty common during the next summer after release, of 2014th. I remember, was extremely hyped of 8/22, being an album announcement date or an ep. Tho, nothing came from it. So I may agree, that TH was extremely condensed record, or the Brothers didn't thought, taht they need to add something for this record, like before. I'm leaning towards the later.

One of the initial thoughts I had directly after I purchasing TH in 2013 was: "I can't wait for the follow up EP in a year or two".
When BOC said they recorded 3 albums worth of music in the process of making TH in an interview, I thought some of that work being released as an EP was inevitable.
Still stings thinking about how that never (or at least has yet to) come into fruition.

Eagle Minded
Despite the commonalities of the websites and the themes in New Clear Dawn, I see no way that anything comes to fruition related to that

I bet there will be an album or some surprise a lot sooner than expected, and again I don't see any reason that the way they go about it has to be consistent with previous dates, numbers, themes or the way they released stuff in the past. I think that if there is a theme, it has to do with inverting "Feeling Good" and "Feeling Bad" given the imagery they've thrown out so far.

Boqurant
Negamuse wrote:As far as I know the only source for the double album thing was Peter Serafinowicz saying he thought it might be. He never said where he heard that. Every other mention of it seems to go back to that, unless someone has an earlier source. Certainly not heard anyone who's said it came from Warp or the band.

So it's a small difference but I don't know if you can really call out "rumours" so much as it was "one guy who had a radio show getting it wrong" and that spreading out from there.

Strictly speaking it is a double album as it is two records

Eagle Minded
Was there anything behind Owl of Minerva and IOVERFLOWMAN except the connection to newcleardawn.com? I feel like that is one loose end from TH left unsolved.

Tried googling BoC written in opposite alphabet and it almost gave me a heart attack.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ylziwh+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Boqurant
:shock:
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Sherbet Head
Moz wrote:Tried googling BoC written in opposite alphabet and it almost gave me a heart attack.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ylziwh+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Looks like this is someone's clever way of trying to sell their mixtape on bandcamp without getting busted by anyone whose songs they're using lmao, there's nothing about that copy of Dawn Chorus that sets it apart from the geogaddi version and the rest of the album seems to consist of non-BoC tracks.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
This thread is reaching Ouroboros/deja vu levels like you wouldnt believe

Dayvan Cowboy
If a Sandison plays a synth in the forest does it make a sound?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:If a Sandison plays a synth in the forest does it make a sound?

Depends, is it plugged in/battery powered or are they planning on sampling the clacking of the dead keys for a percussion sound?
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada