GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Qaptain wrote:Just thought I'd let you guys know since I haven't seen it posted here yet.
They just liked 25 new tweets and retweeted a warp tweet about trans canada highway.

Interesting that a couple of them are about the short ATP footage. Kind of an official endorsement of something that was breaking the rules 20 years ago when it took place.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Posts Quantity
Qaptain wrote:Just thought I'd let you guys know since I haven't seen it posted here yet.
They just liked 25 new tweets and retweeted a warp tweet about trans canada highway.

Tweet number sixty ten!!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Edit: Yes, and very interesting they liked the ATP bootleg video—def a sort of endorsement! And the likes sitting at 333 feels sort of final. ESP with this 70th tweet—they waited 17 months for this RT...

Dayvan Cowboy
THE PLOT THICKENS
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
Yet another like for a tweet about new music:

@tonx
·
Apr 10
I am very ready for some new music from
@boctransmission

I really think something will be coming soon. Unless 5 years ago they were liking tweets asking about new music too lol

Edit: multiple likes for various tweets asking for new material. Looks like hope's back on the menu boys!!

Eagle Minded
mthrndr wrote:Yet another like for a tweet about new music:

@tonx
·
Apr 10
I am very ready for some new music from
@boctransmission

I really think something will be coming soon. Unless 5 years ago they were liking tweets asking about new music too lol

Edit: multiple likes for various tweets asking for new material. Looks like hope's back on the menu boys!!

I think this is now the third time BoC have liked a tweet of mine praying for new shit. I’m hopeful but prepared to wait a few more eternities.
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
There’s a brood of cicada that are about to invade parts of the US after a 17 hiatus soon.

Friendly Stranger
i'm hesitant of getting excited about these tweets, i just briefly scrolled through the likes and even found some tweets as early as 2017 asking for a new album.. However, the big difference is that its now 8 years instead of 4 years since the last album and its significantly more frequent. I'm still optimistic that we can expect something in the not so far future..

Posts Quantity
ColdEarth7 wrote:i'm hesitant of getting excited about these tweets, i just briefly scrolled through the likes and even found some tweets as early as 2017 asking for a new album.. However, the big difference is that its now 8 years instead of 4 years since the last album and its significantly more frequent. I'm still optimistic that we can expect something in the not so far future..

It just says to me that something is coming, and the increased frequency is why I think it won't be too long now. Think about it - it seems that every couple weeks someone logs into this account (most likely a Warp rep, but it's not impossible it could be BoC themselves) and likes a bunch of tweets asking for new music. I just don't see the band or the band reps doing that if they were 1) annoyed at people asking, or 2) there were no plans in process. However, I'm no longer entertaining thoughts about numbers, dates or world events being pegged to a release. I'll wait for an official announcement of some kind - because it WILL be obvious and official, even if it's a clue to a game and not a simple release announcement.

Eagle Minded
I'm vastly curious what a new release would sound like but I also don't want to speculate. I just think on a timeline basis it's quite the sardonic coincidence that in 2013 they released their most apocalyptic record about the end of life, and then all the atrocities circa 2016-2021 happened. Will the music be even more dark and nihilistic? lol

Friendly Stranger
NTFMTS wrote:I'm vastly curious what a new release would sound like but I also don't want to speculate. I just think on a timeline basis it's quite the sardonic coincidence that in 2013 they released their most apocalyptic record about the end of life, and then all the atrocities circa 2016-2021 happened. Will the music be even more dark and nihilistic? lol

I would love the idea of a theme thats more detached from current world affairs.. like something more universal and maybe a bit unknown and mysterious. I was excited about the space theme, but theres different themes that come to mind aswell. Maybe an exploration in scientific themes as they have done before. Mathemathics, molecular and atomic physics and not completely solved scientific problems... this just off the top of my head. Maybe even tapping into the child-like wonder when thinking about "whats out there" or whats right in front of us, that we know nothing about.

Dayvan Cowboy
First track: zero curvature
Second track: debunked
Third track: missing child at Mall Of 1974

Eagle Minded
ColdEarth7 wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:I'm vastly curious what a new release would sound like but I also don't want to speculate. I just think on a timeline basis it's quite the sardonic coincidence that in 2013 they released their most apocalyptic record about the end of life, and then all the atrocities circa 2016-2021 happened. Will the music be even more dark and nihilistic? lol

I would love the idea of a theme thats more detached from current world affairs.. like something more universal and maybe a bit unknown and mysterious. I was excited about the space theme, but theres different themes that come to mind aswell. Maybe an exploration in scientific themes as they have done before. Mathemathics, molecular and atomic physics and not completely solved scientific problems... this just off the top of my head. Maybe even tapping into the child-like wonder when thinking about "whats out there" or whats right in front of us, that we know nothing about.

I have a similar notion, that it will be detached in some way. I would love if they got even further into strange mathematic / scientific territory. They are always really creative / playful with weird phenomenon(s)

Dayvan Cowboy
mthrndr wrote:It just says to me that something is coming, and the increased frequency is why I think it won't be too long now. Think about it - it seems that every couple weeks someone logs into this account (most likely a Warp rep, but it's not impossible it could be BoC themselves) and likes a bunch of tweets asking for new music. I just don't see the band or the band reps doing that if they were 1) annoyed at people asking, or 2) there were no plans in process. However, I'm no longer entertaining thoughts about numbers, dates or world events being pegged to a release. I'll wait for an official announcement of some kind - because it WILL be obvious and official, even if it's a clue to a game and not a simple release announcement.

Almost definitely not a Warp rep. Based on what MDG's said about their social media use in the past they manage their own pages but have help from Hexagon Sun folks (MDG said he has access to their Myspace page).

BoC are way too conscious of their interactions with the public to let anyone they don't have a LOT of trust in near an official mouthpiece for their band. That means good friends, not random label reps.

Boqurant
I bet it’s an intern (or maybe offspring) (“dad I can handle your twitter and facebook account”) that is reading this forum. When things get slow they fire off some likes.

Give us more!
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Eagle Minded
It's difficult to not get excited whenever the BoC Twitter engages in a mass liking spree, even though they've literally been doing it for years lol

Also, the fact that all of their Warp releases have been restocked (Norman Records shared a similar update last month) could be a good sign. Gotta get that back catalogue ready and available to coincide with the imminent album announcement, amirite? :wink: (probably not and I'm sure it'll be entertaining reading this post back in a few years when there's still no new record)

Sherbet Head wrote:It's difficult to not get excited whenever the BoC Twitter engages in a mass liking spree, even though they've literally been doing it for years lol

Also, the fact that all of their Warp releases have been restocked (Norman Records shared a similar update last month) could be a good sign. Gotta get that back catalogue ready and available to coincide with the imminent album announcement, amirite? :wink: (probably not and I'm sure it'll be entertaining reading this post back in a few years when there's still no new record)

I appreciate your thought. It's indeed logical thinking to assume Warp wants to satisfy all those impulse buyers out there finally grabbing the back catalogue once the new one drops. Makes perfect sense business wise. It's all about the BoCamins.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:It's difficult to not get excited whenever the BoC Twitter engages in a mass liking spree, even though they've literally been doing it for years lol

I appreciate your thought.

You forwent an opportunity to say "one very important thought" :lol:
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

egbdf wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

I appreciate your thought.

You forwent an opportunity to say "one very important thought" :lol:

I'm afraid I lacked a moment of clarity.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:I'm afraid I lacked a moment of clarity.

We can't expect you to be a Telepath.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:I'm afraid I lacked a moment of clarity.

We can't expect you to be a Telepath.

Not unless I work more in my Telephasic Workshop.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada