GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
DW wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:Btw anyone can host that instagram clip to youtube? I couldn't be assed to make an account and I think a lot of people on here think the same :)

https://youtu.be/e8qvY-NL8tk

:]

Thank you!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Not saying it's not related but you guys are fucking mad if you're making asterisks into hexagons! Looking and finding things that are not there.
Have fun though innit, i'm only teasing ;)

They're hexagrams, they have six points. Normal asterisks have five points. Compare the two.
** versus ✲✲

To use the above for eyes, which is a unique character, is definitely intentional. So quite literally the eyes are hexagons, just sayin!

Dayvan Cowboy
I wonder if Adult Swim know that one of their seemingly innocent wacky bumpers has been causing such a controversy on Twoism since November.

I hope if it's not BOC related, they come forward like AMKS radio did. Or at least make a humorous response to it.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
That balloon turns mighty turquoise if you invert your colors.

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:Not saying it's not related but you guys are fucking mad if you're making asterisks into hexagons! Looking and finding things that are not there.

They're hexagrams, they have six points. Normal asterisks have five points. Compare the two.
** versus ✲✲

To use the above for eyes, which is a unique character, is definitely intentional. So quite literally the eyes are hexagons, just sayin!

I dunno bro.... for me it’s the song that feels like the biggest tip.

Friendly Stranger
Davism wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:

** versus ✲✲

Not to ruin anyone's fun, but looking at this website on an iPhone shows a six-pointed asterisk for both examples. While it could still potentially be them, depending on what program or font or whatever, there could easily be six points by coincidence.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Eagle Minded
I don't think there is any real way to tell if the music used in the AS Ident is BoC or not... It genuinely could be, I could be swayed either way, I don't believe anyone can say it is or it isn't just by the short sound preview.

I gotta say, I was completely off of the AS Ident train, I'd completely given up on it, but the fact that it still doesn't have an artist tied to it makes me... Idk... I'm kinda glad it got brought back up though, revisiting it now feels weird.

Also, how long has Marcus's Twitter had a white banner? I thought it was black last time I looked...

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:

Oh yea for sure, it sounds uncannily like them imo

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:I don't think there is any real way to tell if the music used in the AS Ident is BoC or not... It genuinely could be, I could be swayed either way, I don't believe anyone can say it is or it isn't just by the short sound preview.

I gotta say, I was completely off of the AS Ident train, I'd completely given up on it, but the fact that it still doesn't have an artist tied to it makes me... Idk... I'm kinda glad it got brought back up though, revisiting it now feels weird.

Also, how long has Marcus's Twitter had a white banner? I thought it was black last time I looked...

Marcus' twt has only been white for around 2-5 days. I can't say what it means other than smoke signals. They're letting us know they're still here, but only through vague and random activity like changing a profile picture or a name. I dunno!

They're letting us sit at the edge of our seats, but whenever we expect something it doesn't come. I bet they're watching this thread and making sure whatever we speculate isn't true. In that case, BoC will never release a new album. :lol:
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
Also, I think speeding up "feeling bad can feel good" sounds a lot more natural. Take a listen for yourself:

phpBB [media]
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Boqurant
The Adult Swim post feels like an imitation of BoC more than anything. To me, it doesn't sound like a melody BoC would come up with

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:Also, I think speeding up "feeling bad can feel good" sounds a lot more natural. Take a listen for yourself:

phpBB [media]

Funny. Sped up it makes me think of early BOC. (Music Has The Right etc) Slower makes me think of TH.

I actually dig it even more like this. You should do the whole thing like it.

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:They're letting us sit at the edge of our seats, but whenever we expect something it doesn't come. I bet they're watching this thread and making sure whatever we speculate isn't true. In that case, BoC will never release a new album. :lol:

Also I get this vibe too. Nothing ever pans out. Nothing is real.

Perhaps if we stop predicting things, they'll actually make a move.

Boqurant
Re: asterisks
“ · Asterisk symbol is part of regular keyboard on number 8 key. The name is derived from the Latin word asteriskos indicating a little star. Asterisk is five pointed star in sans-serif font and six pointed in serif font while eight pointed when people write on hand.”
From webnots.com
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Posts Quantity
Seven eleven

1, 2, 3

Thank you for not smoking

.......... i can't get it outta my head
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
am i the only one thinking those eleven underscores on Marcus' twitter might mean something?

as long as that really is his Twitter, which it seems to be......

personally i doubt he put that there for no reason.. even if to just mess with us or something.... they must be aware, and it seems they may be sort of responding by these small changes?

imo he must in some way want us to look in to that, whethere or not it is just total Discordian fuckery or not....

i just find it very difficult to brush off.
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
ColinWallis wrote:am i the only one thinking those eleven underscores on Marcus' twitter might mean something?

as long as that really is his Twitter, which it seems to be......

personally i doubt he put that there for no reason.. even if to just mess with us or something.... they must be aware, and it seems they may be sort of responding by these small changes?

imo he must in some way want us to look in to that, whethere or not it is just total Discordian fuckery or not....

i just find it very difficult to brush off.

phpBB [media]
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
debugDolores wrote:The Adult Swim post feels like an imitation of BoC more than anything. To me, it doesn't sound like a melody BoC would come up with

What would the point be for AS to post a mock / imitation of BoC for such a cryptic post? Also how can you predetermine the melodies that someone else would make?

To me, it sounds exactly like their production quality, esp like certain parts of TH and Geogaddi

Dayvan Cowboy
Enough people have done the "modular synths recorded hot to a tape and slowed down" thing and the "point the camera at the computer monitor" thing for it not to be copying BoC at this point.

TheStatPow wrote:Btw anyone can host that instagram clip to youtube? I couldn't be assed to make an account and I think a lot of people on here think the same :)

You don’t need an account to visit Instagram. Try opening the following link in an incognito browser tab and you will see it opens just fine:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O ... 31nwwzvl19

Same for profiles:
https://www.instagram.com/livelight81/

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada