GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Jango9 wrote:
mechanismj wrote:
Echelon wrote:Seems not even 25 likes are going to excite us now. Better go for 100, or better yet, a one second sample of what they're working on. ;)

I'll happily take a one second sample.

Careful what you wish for, it just might come true lmao. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go into a thousand yard stare as the memories of this flood back:
phpBB [media]

I always forget this is a thing!

Oh yeah, this is how we 'got the name' for the ATP track.

Eagle Minded
I have some renewed hope and enthusiasm for the bocset.

After reading through all of mdg's statements on bocpages, over and over again he states that the Bocset is happening, and that BoC are perfectionists.

For starters, think about how much music there would be to go through, especially if mdg's word is to be trusted when he says that there's hundreds of b-sides per album (I know he doesn't mean full on songs and the vast majority of them would just be like 10 second riff ideas but the point still stands).

He also said that they were cleaning them up. Well no fucking wonder it's taking them so long... Them being the perfectionists that they are, sifting through hundreds of audio files, sorting them, cleaning them up and probably restructuring them, and then mastering them... That's going to take some time. Then you add to that BoC Time (see: Valve Time) and them reducing their time in the studio (due to having a life most likely). Honestly I think the bocset not being out yet is perfectly reasonable.

mdg said multiple times that they were working on the bocset, then he switched to saying they were working on a new album (which turned out to be Tomorrow's Harvest) and that the bocset would be after the new album.

There's been no announcement or hint of what's next because they've already given it to us.

And with warp doing boxsets and reissues lately, the planets may be actually aligning so quite possibly rev up your wallets.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:I have some renewed hope and enthusiasm for the bocset.

After reading through all of mdg's statements on bocpages, over and over again he states that the Bocset is happening, and that BoC are perfectionists.

For starters, think about how much music there would be to go through, especially if mdg's word is to be trusted when he says that there's hundreds of b-sides per album (I know he doesn't mean full on songs and the vast majority of them would just be like 10 second riff ideas but the point still stands).

He also said that they were cleaning them up. Well no fucking wonder it's taking them so long... Them being the perfectionists that they are, sifting through hundreds of audio files, sorting them, cleaning them up and probably restructuring them, and then mastering them... That's going to take some time. Then you add to that BoC Time (see: Valve Time) and them reducing their time in the studio (due to having a life most likely). Honestly I think the bocset not being out yet is perfectly reasonable.

mdg said multiple times that they were working on the bocset, then he switched to saying they were working on a new album (which turned out to be Tomorrow's Harvest) and that the bocset would be after the new album.

There's been no announcement or hint of what's next because they've already given it to us.

And with warp doing boxsets and reissues lately, the planets may be actually aligning so quite possibly rev up your wallets.

My money has always been and still is on both the BOCset and a new album.

Dayvan Cowboy
Wildfire wrote:
Biznasty wrote:I have some renewed hope and enthusiasm for the bocset.

My money has always been and still is on both the BOCset and a new album.

When it rains, it ROYGBIVs. I'm for that too!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
If the BoC-set does ever materialise, I hope it consolidates some of the loose bits they've released over the years, such as Japanese bonus tracks, compilation material, remixes, etc.

Friendly Stranger
Well, this year (and past years recently for that matter) there seems to have been a focus on "looking back" at Warp. We've seen a little bit of a rise in the amount of re-releases, early catalog releases, and anniversary stuff. I think we've got good odds at seeing some "new" Boards, or the release of the BoCset, as much as I dislike the thought of it happening as part of like a series that Warp is creating-- but I can't complain.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
raybshot wrote:Well, this year (and past years recently for that matter) there seems to have been a focus on "looking back" at Warp. We've seen a little bit of a rise in the amount of re-releases, early catalog releases, and anniversary stuff. I think we've got good odds at seeing some "new" Boards, or the release of the BoCset, as much as I dislike the thought of it happening as part of like a series that Warp is creating-- but I can't complain.

I mean, Seefeel is another cult band (and with even longer gaps between releases than BOC) but they gladly released tons of archival stuff for tomorrow. I have a feeling it might be similar with BOC but I'm sure there will be some fancy flashy way they'll promote it. BOC are just so legendary that I doubt they can simply post it on their site without doing some weird cryptic thing.

Dayvan Cowboy
raybshot wrote:Well, this year (and past years recently for that matter) there seems to have been a focus on "looking back" at Warp. We've seen a little bit of a rise in the amount of re-releases, early catalog releases, and anniversary stuff. I think we've got good odds at seeing some "new" Boards, or the release of the BoCset, as much as I dislike the thought of it happening as part of like a series that Warp is creating-- but I can't complain.

I mean, Seefeel is another cult band (and with even longer gaps between releases than BOC) but they gladly released tons of archival stuff for tomorrow. I have a feeling it might be similar with BOC but I'm sure there will be some fancy flashy way they'll promote it. BOC are just so legendary that I doubt they can simply post it on their site without doing some weird cryptic thing.

Eagle Minded
Marcus Eoin has changed his Twitter banner and photo.
That is all

Eagle Minded
Marcus Eoin has changed his Twitter banner and photo.
That is all

Eagle Minded
Marcus’ Twitter page banner went to all white, same with the profile picture.
Same with his insta.

Boqurant
So they went all black, and now they're going all white.

Eagle Minded
More themes of inversion? Makes me think the Adult Swim "feeling bad can feel good" Instagram post is connected to BoC. Yes there's no proof, only that the ig post sounds a lot like their music and production quality.

EDIT: This is absolutely reaching but I just noticed the smiley face on the ig post has eyes that are hexagrams. I thought they were asterisks... typically with deliberate images like that face, every detail is intentional. Just saying, if it's a coincidence, it's quite funny.

Eagle Minded
I'm still with my theory. Shutting everything down and starting anew.

Boqurant
Not sure, but was that one ever confirmed to be legit?

Boqurant
debugDolores wrote:So they went all black, and now they're going all white.

"Press play" and cue Echus

Posts Quantity
I've got no reason to believe their Twitter accounts aren't them. They are over a decade old, and I'm sure would have been removed by now if they were fake accounts. I mean, if this was the only "activity" for the past year, then I'd have my doubts--but this isn't happening in a vacuum. They definitely know we are paying attention and ready to receive transmissions.

Eagle Minded
OK, that is weird that his Insta and Twitter pics went white. Especially in contrast to the HI FB profile pics going black. Why bother?

Also, I’m not following why someone would think the Adult Swim post used “hexagons” for the eyes. They look like asterisks.

Posts Quantity
what're we all hoping for on a box set anyway?

Heres my fantasy lay out -

Disc 1 - ATP Soundboard Mix
Disc 2 - Old Tunes Volume 3?
Disc 3 - All of the BOC remixes (some previously unheard)
Disc 4 - Album Outtakes and alternative versions
Disc 5, 6 & 7 - Mikes 7 hour pro plus drum solo (1987)
Disc 8 - BOC Maxima High Quality
Disc 9 - DVD collection of Music70 films, including Zombie Starwars feat. Davie Addison
Disc 10 - Magic Window (extended mix)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada