GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I want to hear the pre-Twoism albums, the Geogaddi outtakes, the acoustic MHTRTC, and the acoustic cover of Autechre's Cichli that Sean Booth said they made for him.

Boqurant
SamuraiDrifter wrote:the pre-Twoism albums, the Geogaddi outtakes, the acoustic MHTRTC

Was there actually an official acoustic version of MHTRTC that was never released? I didn't know about this

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:the pre-Twoism albums, the Geogaddi outtakes, the acoustic MHTRTC

Was there actually an official acoustic version of MHTRTC that was never released? I didn't know about this

They mentioned it throughout the years in interviews. But eventually one of them dismissed it as "pretty lame" and that they don't think it would ever be released. (As per usual. I get the feeling that even trash to BOC would be treasure to us all haha)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
debugDolores wrote:

They mentioned it throughout the years in interviews. But eventually one of them dismissed it as "pretty lame" and that they don't think it would ever be released. (As per usual. I get the feeling that even trash to BOC would be treasure to us all haha)

Interesting. Was this made before the official MHTRTC that we all know, or were these just acoustic covers of their own songs?

Dayvan Cowboy
They made it sound like acoustic versions that were made later.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Campfire Children

Eagle Minded
Geoharvest

Friendly Stranger
Davism wrote:Also, I’m not following why someone would think the Adult Swim post used “hexagons” for the eyes. They look like asterisks.

Connect the ends of the asterisk's arms with straight lines:

Boqurant
Did you note the sheol boundary account url is not as usual as many others?

https://youtube.com/channel/UCegVcokJsEajWFJn4B3eBqA

The channel reference is a bit weird compared to other channel (eg HI url is simply youtube.com/channel/hellinterface)

Eagle Minded
dolochov wrote:Did you note the sheol boundary account url is not as usual as many others?

https://youtube.com/channel/UCegVcokJsEajWFJn4B3eBqA

The channel reference is a bit weird compared to other channel (eg HI url is simply youtube.com/channel/hellinterface)

That's just a default YouTube URL. They just haven't added a custom URL to it yet...
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
If you invert the colors and zoom in on that Adult Swim smile it’s seems like there’s a hexagonal grid under everything, similar to the banner one of the brothers had up on their Twitter a bit ago.

Dayvan Cowboy
eric_schafer wrote:
Davism wrote:Also, I’m not following why someone would think the Adult Swim post used “hexagons” for the eyes. They look like asterisks.

Connect the ends of the asterisk's arms with straight lines:

The plot thickens!

Eagle Minded
People may have missed my post on the previous page of the thread, but this^^ is exactly what I was saying as well. I'm stoked!

NTFMTS wrote:More themes of inversion? Makes me think the Adult Swim "feeling bad can feel good" Instagram post is connected to BoC. Yes there's no proof, only that the ig post sounds a lot like their music and production quality.

EDIT: This is absolutely reaching but I just noticed the smiley face on the ig post has eyes that are hexagrams. I thought they were asterisks... typically with deliberate images like that face, every detail is intentional. Just saying, if it's a coincidence, it's quite funny.

ftr I don't think it's reaching anymore. But yes the eyes are not regular asterisks (four-pointed star) they're hexagram shaped (six-pointed star) as I said above. They love the number 6, and they love hexagons.

✲✲

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:People may have missed my post on the previous page of the thread, but this^^ is exactly what I was saying as well. I'm stoked!

NTFMTS wrote:More themes of inversion? Makes me think the Adult Swim "feeling bad can feel good" Instagram post is connected to BoC. Yes there's no proof, only that the ig post sounds a lot like their music and production quality.

EDIT: This is absolutely reaching but I just noticed the smiley face on the ig post has eyes that are hexagrams. I thought they were asterisks... typically with deliberate images like that face, every detail is intentional. Just saying, if it's a coincidence, it's quite funny.

ftr I don't think it's reaching anymore. But yes the eyes are not asterisks (four-pointed star) they're hexagram shaped (six-pointed star) as I said above. They love the number 6, and they love hexagons.

Haha i needed an image to go with it, but you were right. :D

Honestly, and I've said it several times in relation to that clip, the music is BOC's style right down to the perfect minimalism. You know how BOC chooses just the right notes and nothing else in their best tracks? That vibe is there. You'll hear a lot of fakes using too many notes and simply distorting the music to make it old and it will sound obviously wrong. I don't feel that way with that sound bite.

Sadly, we've got no clue when they'll make their move. But, my fingers are crossed for something happening on June 9th. Unlike all the other dates, this one is a BOC endorsed holiday! :)

Eagle Minded
Almost to 822 pages too

Sherbet Head
Now that I think about it, why don't one of you social media users ask Adult Swim who made the song under the guise of liking the song and wanting to see if the musician had more music to listen too? You know, misdirection disguised as altruism and whatnot.

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:Now that I think about it, why don't one of you social media users ask Adult Swim who made the song under the guise of liking the song and wanting to see if the musician had more music to listen too? You know, misdirection disguised as altruism and whatnot.
I did. I asked Jason DeMarco (@Clarknova1 on Twitter; Adult Swim’s Senior Vice President and Creative Director of On-air) about it a couple of months ago, and I never got a reply.

"Responsible for producing everything on Adult Swim that isn’t a show or third-party ad, DeMarco distributes cash to (mostly) independent artists and labels in service of soundtracking and promoting Adult Swim’s content."

He'd be the one to ask, I'd reckon. IF you can get a reply from him.

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:
zeoevil wrote:Now that I think about it, why don't one of you social media users ask Adult Swim who made the song under the guise of liking the song and wanting to see if the musician had more music to listen too? You know, misdirection disguised as altruism and whatnot.
I did. I asked Jason DeMarco (@Clarknova1 on Twitter; Adult Swim’s Senior Vice President and Creative Director of On-air) about it a couple of months ago, and I never got a reply.

"Responsible for producing everything on Adult Swim that isn’t a show or third-party ad, DeMarco distributes cash to (mostly) independent artists and labels in service of soundtracking and promoting Adult Swim’s content."

He'd be the one to ask, I'd reckon. IF you can get a reply from him.

He would answer you, but then they'd have to break his kneecaps. I'm only half joking on that :lol:

Eagle Minded
I figure Adult Swim would have some lil contract whipped up with Warp if it is indeed related to BoC, and the label has worked with AS to promote a decent amount of stuff so they'd be nothing but tightknit about any details.

I made a twitter account with the "turn that smile upside down" face as the name and linked an album by Spirit of the Beehive to them, I'm curious to see if they respond to the tweet or the face of the twitter handle. Doubt it though. Either way "ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH" by Softbh is a great record.

Sherbet Head
Not saying it's not related but you guys are fucking mad if you're making asterisks into hexagons! Looking and finding things that are not there.
Have fun though innit, i'm only teasing ;)
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada