GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
I was scrolling through this thread last night and saw that I'd missed this Adult Swim ident thing from a while back: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?hl=en-gb

I was struck by how similar the last three notes are to The Devil Is In The Details. I've put them alongside each other here: the first bit is the ident, the second is TDIITD, the third bit is the ident sped up. The sound and pitch are both very similar, to my ears at least.

https://soundcloud.com/irv/tdiitd

Probably nowt, and apologies if someone's already made the same connection, but thought it was interesting.

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:Not saying it's not related but you guys are fucking mad if you're making asterisks into hexagons! Looking and finding things that are not there.
Have fun though innit, i'm only teasing ;)

I blame Pythagoras :lol:

Posts Quantity
just adding that not only did Marcus update his Instagram and Twitter pictures, but his Twitter bio, or name (?) also now reads:

"___________"
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
Had my first ever BoC dream last night. There was a trailhead to a new ARG hidden in a trailer for a movie that BoC or Warp had something to do with. None of my friends believed me. Also suddenly I was in the setting of the movie trailer and it looked like the Endorian moon in Return of the Jedi (or, I guess you could say, the "Forest Moon.")

Bummed to wake up and find it was just a dream.

Posts Quantity
irv wrote:I was scrolling through this thread last night and saw that I'd missed this Adult Swim ident thing from a while back: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?hl=en-gb

I was struck by how similar the last three notes are to The Devil Is In The Details. I've put them alongside each other here: the first bit is the ident, the second is TDIITD, the third bit is the ident sped up. The sound and pitch are both very similar, to my ears at least.

Probably nowt, and apologies if someone's already made the same connection, but thought it was interesting.

Nice catch. Definitely sounds very similar. Been convinced the AS clip is boards. There was another AS clip of a hand squeezing an orange red ball that could also be boards.

Posts Quantity
mthrndr wrote:
irv wrote:I was scrolling through this thread last night and saw that I'd missed this Adult Swim ident thing from a while back: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?hl=en-gb

Nice catch. Definitely sounds very similar. Been convinced the AS clip is boards. There was another AS clip of a hand squeezing an orange red ball that could also be boards.

i always thought the balloon / ball squeezing clip was very Geogaddi like

so is this eleven underscore thing on Marcus' Twitter new as well? it's got me in Mulder mode.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
this is ridiculously stupid, but on a whim i was just looking at the wikipedia page for July 11th, because Seven Eleven seemed plausible for a second.... anyway, i found this:

1973 – Varig Flight 820 crashes near Paris, France on approach to Orly Airport, killing 123 of the 134 on board. In response, the FAA bans smoking in airplane lavatories

1973 because Pioneer 11. and i don't need to explain 123, do i?

idunno guys i'm just having some fun lol

not really that serious about any of this..
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
ColinWallis wrote:this is ridiculously stupid, but on a whim i was just looking at the wikipedia page for July 11th, because Seven Eleven seemed plausible for a second.... anyway, i found this:

1973 – Varig Flight 820 crashes near Paris, France on approach to Orly Airport, killing 123 of the 134 on board. In response, the FAA bans smoking in airplane lavatories

1973 because Pioneer 11. and i don't need to explain 123, do i?

idunno guys i'm just having some fun lol

not really that serious about any of this..

I thought it was very silly. until

"the FAA bans smoking in airplane lavatories"

And My brain thought "ThaaaaAaaaAank YouUUuu for not smooOOooking"
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
Btw anyone can host that instagram clip to youtube? I couldn't be assed to make an account and I think a lot of people on here think the same :)
Suck my BUTT

Boqurant
TheStatPow wrote:Btw anyone can host that instagram clip to youtube? I couldn't be assed to make an account and I think a lot of people on here think the same :)

https://youtu.be/e8qvY-NL8tk

:]

Posts Quantity
Here's the other one. Much less convinced by this one although it's intriguing.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=880255869390340

Sherbet Head
DW wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:Btw anyone can host that instagram clip to youtube? I couldn't be assed to make an account and I think a lot of people on here think the same :)

https://youtu.be/e8qvY-NL8tk

:]

Thank you!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Not saying it's not related but you guys are fucking mad if you're making asterisks into hexagons! Looking and finding things that are not there.

They're hexagrams, they have six points. Normal asterisks have five points. Compare the two.
** versus ✲✲

To use the above for eyes, which is a unique character, is definitely intentional. So quite literally the eyes are hexagons, just sayin!

Dayvan Cowboy
I wonder if Adult Swim know that one of their seemingly innocent wacky bumpers has been causing such a controversy on Twoism since November.

I hope if it's not BOC related, they come forward like AMKS radio did. Or at least make a humorous response to it.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
That balloon turns mighty turquoise if you invert your colors.

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:

They're hexagrams, they have six points. Normal asterisks have five points. Compare the two.
** versus ✲✲

To use the above for eyes, which is a unique character, is definitely intentional. So quite literally the eyes are hexagons, just sayin!

I dunno bro.... for me it’s the song that feels like the biggest tip.

Friendly Stranger
Davism wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:

** versus ✲✲

Not to ruin anyone's fun, but looking at this website on an iPhone shows a six-pointed asterisk for both examples. While it could still potentially be them, depending on what program or font or whatever, there could easily be six points by coincidence.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Eagle Minded
I don't think there is any real way to tell if the music used in the AS Ident is BoC or not... It genuinely could be, I could be swayed either way, I don't believe anyone can say it is or it isn't just by the short sound preview.

I gotta say, I was completely off of the AS Ident train, I'd completely given up on it, but the fact that it still doesn't have an artist tied to it makes me... Idk... I'm kinda glad it got brought back up though, revisiting it now feels weird.

Also, how long has Marcus's Twitter had a white banner? I thought it was black last time I looked...

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:

Oh yea for sure, it sounds uncannily like them imo

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:I don't think there is any real way to tell if the music used in the AS Ident is BoC or not... It genuinely could be, I could be swayed either way, I don't believe anyone can say it is or it isn't just by the short sound preview.

I gotta say, I was completely off of the AS Ident train, I'd completely given up on it, but the fact that it still doesn't have an artist tied to it makes me... Idk... I'm kinda glad it got brought back up though, revisiting it now feels weird.

Also, how long has Marcus's Twitter had a white banner? I thought it was black last time I looked...

Marcus' twt has only been white for around 2-5 days. I can't say what it means other than smoke signals. They're letting us know they're still here, but only through vague and random activity like changing a profile picture or a name. I dunno!

They're letting us sit at the edge of our seats, but whenever we expect something it doesn't come. I bet they're watching this thread and making sure whatever we speculate isn't true. In that case, BoC will never release a new album. :lol:
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada