GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Take this post with a grain of salt, since I know a lot of you are skeptical, but here's a theory I've been thinking about for the last two days:

There is a great deal of similarity between the turquoise hexagon discs on the Pioneer's Plaque and the mysterious postcard: https://imgur.com/a/Rp1EQny

They could possibly be related if you take the space theme into account. What I was thinking, especially since Flylo recently released a soundtrack for Yasuke, is that BOC might have done a soundtrack for the new Starfield game. Warp does license music to video games and other media, and they even specifically have a page dedicated to that. BOC have also been shown to be avid gamers (there's been some connections to them and Fortnite, in addition to Iraq says) so I could really see them being behind a soundtrack for a video game.

Perhaps BOC are even on a soundtrack kick after writing and producing a post apocalyptic soundtrack for a hypothetical movie. :wink:

That's my two cents. I'm probably wrong, but you gotta admit, an ambient space soundtrack courtesy of BOC would be awesome!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
That does sound like an awesome and exciting theory and, if true, would really be cool! Id have to buy a video game console, though...

But still, to reiterate what Echelon said yesterday, if it was BoC related, you'd think there'd be a warp logo on it somewhere.

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:That does sound like an awesome and exciting theory and, if true, would really be cool! Id have to buy a video game console, though...

But still, to reiterate what Echelon said yesterday, if it was BoC related, you'd think there'd be a warp logo on it somewhere.

Honestly, I'm half and half. I believe this theory could be possible, especially since it ties to themes of the plaque or it could be something non related to BOC entirely. There's proof either way, I feel. If it's from the game studios, they might not put the Warp logo on it anyway.

The other thing I theorized about the postcards is there are multiple ones for collectors: A BOC postcard with the hexagon and a Starfield one with different symbols.

Simply putting these ideas out there though since they're buzzing around my head :)

Finally some less far fetched theories in this thread. It's about time. Thanks Echelon for the nice summaries. My gut feeling also tells me it could be related, but it's always better to assume it's not to avoid future disappointment. :)

Dayvan Cowboy

Boqurant
I can't believe the bocbros want us to play fortnite.

Dayvan Cowboy
belchmaster wrote:I can't believe the bocbros want us to play fortnite.

The scary thing is, they've been linked to Fortnite before. Here: https://ibb.co/bdK9z2S and there's one other instance.

Again though, i don't know if any of this is real or BOC-related. I'm simply taking the rabbit hole on this one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth, Ech.

If you look at the card, it kinda says "boc" on it. Anyone else see it?

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth, Ech.

If you look at the card, it kinda says "boc" on it. Anyone else see it?

NP, my friend. It's all hypothetical anyway. More groping in the dark :)

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Take this post with a grain of salt, since I know a lot of you are skeptical, but here's a theory I've been thinking about for the last two days:

There is a great deal of similarity between the turquoise hexagon discs on the Pioneer's Plaque and the mysterious postcard: https://imgur.com/a/Rp1EQny

They could possibly be related if you take the space theme into account. What I was thinking, especially since Flylo recently released a soundtrack for Yasuke, is that BOC might have done a soundtrack for the new Starfield game. Warp does license music to video games and other media, and they even specifically have a page dedicated to that. BOC have also been shown to be avid gamers (there's been some connections to them and Fortnite, in addition to Iraq says) so I could really see them being behind a soundtrack for a video game.

Perhaps BOC are even on a soundtrack kick after writing and producing a post apocalyptic soundtrack for a hypothetical movie. :wink:

That's my two cents. I'm probably wrong, but you gotta admit, an ambient space soundtrack courtesy of BOC would be awesome!

haha whats the connection between BoC and fortnite? have not heard anything like that

Posts Quantity
It does not compute to me that after all this time BoC would choose to announce something new via the medium of Fortnite.

Boqurant
irv wrote:It does not compute to me that after all this time BoC would choose to announce something new via the medium of Fortnite.

It would be in line with their style of announcing new stuff in a weird way

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:haha whats the connection between BoC and fortnite? have not heard anything like that

As far as I know, the extent of it is that some random person popped up on Reddit saying they play Fortnite with Marcus, and Marcus's Instagram account followed a streamer that plays Fortnite (among other things).

That's it.

Eagle Minded
Haha... Fortnite?? Maybe. But I don't see it.

BoC have always had a certain distrust for big corporations, new technology, etc. I don't really see how after making an album as "nihilistic" as Tomorrow's Harvest, and after expressing even more discontent with how corporations rue the whirl, they would suddenly jump to partnering with a big company like Epic and a big game like Fortnite. It just doesn't really work in my head. All that could be related to BoC are vague symbols : turquoise hexagons and a gemini. That's it.

Not to be the buzzkill or anything, but I want to wait this one out until we get some more solid proof that this is BoC related at all.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
It all seems a bit too tacky to be the boys tbh.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, you guys are probably right. Definitely was one of those heat of the moment theorizing. Simply putting ideas out here during this mystery ARG. No different than the Catherine Fell stuff for me :)

I was skeptical with that too, but I also followed everything with it just in case it was actually real.

Boqurant
I'm a bit out of the loop...have I missed out on anything?

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:I'm a bit out of the loop...have I missed out on anything?

Nothing really. I've been theorizing about this current mystery ARG that featured some turquoise hexagon postcards, (my theory was it could be BOC teaming up with a gaming company to make a spacey soundtrack) but like people have pointed out, it's most likely not related.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:Haha... Fortnite?? Maybe. But I don't see it.

BoC have always had a certain distrust for big corporations, new technology, etc. I don't really see how after making an album as "nihilistic" as Tomorrow's Harvest, and after expressing even more discontent with how corporations rue the whirl, they would suddenly jump to partnering with a big company like Epic and a big game like Fortnite. It just doesn't really work in my head. All that could be related to BoC are vague symbols : turquoise hexagons and a gemini. That's it.

Not to be the buzzkill or anything, but I want to wait this one out until we get some more solid proof that this is BoC related at all.

Hard agree.

I think this is a red herring.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:I'm a bit out of the loop...have I missed out on anything?

Nothing really. I've been theorizing about this current mystery ARG that featured some turquoise hexagon postcards, (my theory was it could be BOC teaming up with a gaming company to make a spacey soundtrack) but like people have pointed out, it's most likely not related.

Wishful thinking on my part.

BoC doing a soundtrack is pretty strange to me, although not impossible. I really really hope we get a new release this year tho, but it's unlikely

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada