The BOC Rockin' Teenage Combo

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Inspired by a discussion with a friend and a quote from a 2005 Dutch interview: I decided to start this thread:

They’ve already started work on a new boc record. They still have a contract for three more records at Warp. Mike: “the next record will come as a shock to everyone. No one will expect this from us.” And there are also some plans for live shows with a proper band in Spring. But the same rumor was there three years ago. And then they went silent.

What if the next album features an actual band playing BOC music? I noticed a lot of tracks in Societas were bands playing BOC-like music too. Songs like Prospect or Vulcan Mind Probe, for instance, have that minimalistic synth sound but done with an actual ensemble.

For the record, here's what my BOC Big Band would consist of:

Marcus Eoin: Guitar
Mike Sandison; Synths
Mark David Garrett: Drums
Peter Ian Campbell: Triangle (Somebody was making those "ting" sounds in Sometimes)

:P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I would freaking love that, tbh whatever they come up with I have faith it wont dissapoint me even if it doesnt sound similar to their usual work, I'd personally love something more like SxT.

It could also be something with several people playing many different instruments, kind of like GY!BE.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote:I would freaking love that, tbh whatever they come up with I have faith it wont dissapoint me even if it doesnt sound similar to their usual work, I'd personally love something more like SxT.

It could also be something with several people playing many different instruments, kind of like GY!BE.

I'd also be down for an organic music approach, especially when you consider that BOC used to consist of six members if we are to believe the rumors.

Only issue is getting the "band" together in the pandemic, but let's hope that they're simply finalizing stuff they did pre-pandemic.

(Oh, and it's funny, the image of Societas X Tape was of a band, not an electronic duo too)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Some old tunes things are kind of "live band" things. Marcus played bass, Mike played drums. Frazer played... on happy cycling.

Return to Boards of Canada