GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:
Helios wrote:Lil trust - Slurpyland (feat. George Fitzgerald and … BoC??)

Struggling finding the BoC in this song. Released a few days ago, what is this ?

This would be the biggest kick in the balls if they were actually involved with this song. I’m picturing New Jersey f*ch boys wearing the “2009” asymmetrical white and gold tees dancing in a club at the Borgata.

Haha I can tell you as a Joisy BOC fan i don't look like that. Thankfully :lol:

And haha, oh man. I'd die if BOC actually sold out and their new album featured a lot of guest rappers and singers a la The Avalanches. TBH, I wouldn't even really mind it if it all sounded like Why and Dead Dogs Two.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
lol what the fuck

must just be cause of a sample?? or a total mistake
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
Mike wrote:"The next album shall come as a shock to everyone. Nobody will expect this from us."
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Posts Quantity
Ok. Somebody is fuckin with us. This has already gone on far too long. Who the hell is lil trust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
You'd think MDG would be all over this and the guy who was selling BOC Maxima, but he's hasn't logged in since March. Hope the poor bloke is ok.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I mean, all of these artists seem to be legit from looking them up but still, I can’t help but laugh when I look at all of the album artwork of this lil trust artist. The titled ‘wild hearts’ one with the horses running in to the storm is hilarious to me. This has got to be some sort of a joke/plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
the fuck is that shit? need more info pronto

EDIT Here's a link since I didn't see one.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5jNAccaN ... EjlzEnX8xA

Dayvan Cowboy
This must be a mistake hahaha. Wtf.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Friendly Stranger
I think this is purely done to draw people to listen to their songs. Have seen this stuff a lot recently with Spotify etc where big artists are tagged in songs, even though there's no connection whatsoever. This way the artist gets added in people's Release Radar playlists.

Really questionable stuff but I guess it works. :?

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Davism wrote:
Helios wrote:Lil trust - Slurpyland (feat. George Fitzgerald and … BoC??)

Struggling finding the BoC in this song. Released a few days ago, what is this ?

This would be the biggest kick in the balls if they were actually involved with this song. I’m picturing New Jersey f*ch boys wearing the “2009” asymmetrical white and gold tees dancing in a club at the Borgata.

Haha I can tell you as a Joisy BOC fan i don't look like that. Thankfully :lol:

And haha, oh man. I'd die if BOC actually sold out and their new album featured a lot of guest rappers and singers a la The Avalanches. TBH, I wouldn't even really mind it if it all sounded like Why and Dead Dogs Two.

There are some good people in Jersey ;^)

Agreed, except I approved the cameos of DOOM and the Biz.

Eagle Minded
ihmeauto wrote:I think this is purely done to draw people to listen to their songs. Have seen this stuff a lot recently with Spotify etc where big artists are tagged in songs, even though there's no connection whatsoever. This way the artist gets added in people's Release Radar playlists.

Really questionable stuff but I guess it works. :?

Are they just tagged though? This has BoC in the actual track title. Also found this on Apple Music, as I don’t have Spotify. If they really have nothing to do with this, then I imagine they’ll have it removed.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's not on Spotify. I've seen this shit before; basically it's a scam to get this Lil Trust guy more plays. My guess is that Apple Music has lower verification standards than other streaming services because when the fake "Chameleon" track came out a few years ago, it also showed up on Apple Music.

Eagle Minded
Ah, I see. Terrible.

Sherbet Head
well that was terrible

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:It's not on Spotify. I've seen this shit before; basically it's a scam to get this Lil Trust guy more plays. My guess is that Apple Music has lower verification standards than other streaming services because when the fake "Chameleon" track came out a few years ago, it also showed up on Apple Music.

It is on Spotify, and it says Boards of Canada as well.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
portiss wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:It's not on Spotify. I've seen this shit before; basically it's a scam to get this Lil Trust guy more plays. My guess is that Apple Music has lower verification standards than other streaming services because when the fake "Chameleon" track came out a few years ago, it also showed up on Apple Music.

It is on Spotify, and it says Boards of Canada as well.

Its showing on my spotify too (UK) , sounds f*cking dreadful, previous single called Red Moon, begging for attention from a community which is only going to rip it to shreds

Save yourself 5 minutes and listen to one of those obnoxiously loud dubsteppy adverts on youtube for 5 seconds and you get the idea

Of course the flip side of this is that it could be another BOC troll (although I doubt it for this specifically) , I'm convinced they're having a laugh at our expense after the UHH and Raiders videos came about

Eagle Minded
it`s a teaser for their new fortnite parody covers album that`ll be released exclusively on tiktok

Happy Cycler
Sounds like it is time to burn it all down and start over.

Eagle Minded
HAHAHAHA - why all the freaking out?

This person most likely would be using a BoC sample in there, not necessarily something BoC made specificially for this track or....who knows, the last year and a half has been rough on us all, maybe they wanted to try something different, haha

Its on YouTube Music named the same as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CavBA-3oG-0
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:HAHAHAHA - why all the freaking out?

This person most likely would be using a BoC sample in there, not necessarily something BoC made specificially for this track or....who knows, the last year and a half has been rough on us all, maybe they wanted to try something different, haha

Its on YouTube Music named the same as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CavBA-3oG-0

I originally thought this, but could not pick out anything that resembles a BoC sample in there. Do people typically write "featuring" when it's just a sample? I get they probably did it for the hits, but I imagine BoC would want their name removed from it since a "featuring" usually means the artist had an actual hand in it. Someone should post something to one of their social media things.

Or, it's real and we're screwed.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada