GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Was anyone ever able to figure what was was scratched out from the runout of the XXXXXX promo 12"?

You can see it in this image: https://ibb.co/K2gJ3NF

Sometimes if something is scratched out from a runout, it's still possible to read what was already there.

Posts Quantity
NTFMTS wrote:I think it's just the nature of the algorithm, but after listening to the nevermen instrumental remix, my top recommended video on youtube was this

phpBB [media]

It was never confirmed to be from boc, but it's just a funny thing that I thought was worth mentioning

tbc: I'm still convinced that lil thing is made by them, and the "I feel good" hell interface thing echoes this

i too am still very curious about this one as well as the balloon clip.

fingers crossed for the next few months. :}
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
boardsofcanada.com (the Bleep page) is missing some vital releases. MHTRTC, IABPOITC, TCH and Twoism are not appearing within the discography. Has this always been the case, or is this a recent development?

Either way, it's likely to be a glitch, but thought it was probably worth a mention. After all, this could be the next piece of the puzzle 8) 8) 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
It's all there for me.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
Yep, all back for me too. Thankfully I ninja screenshotted: https://ibb.co/QDDXWGt

I guess that confirms it was a bug, though. I wonder if my post actioned the fix? If so, swift work Warp devs!

Dayvan Cowboy
The brothers will release the next album as a NFT and go full Wu-Tang Clan by making it a single copy pressing.

Pharma Bro, we're all looking at you!

[Sarcasm=off]
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded

Someone tell Warp to fix this.
Last edited by Moloch on Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Magrathea wrote:The brothers will release the next album as a NFT and go full Wu-Tang Clan by making it a single copy pressing.

Pharma Bro, we're all looking at you!

[Sarcasm=off]

Either that, or a full Noise album. MMW.

Friendly Stranger
Honestly I could use a Boards of Canada noise album right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
Sometimes I wonder if all the time they've taken between albums is devoted to making a sonic experience on the level of their past successes. If I think of it from that perspective, it makes complete sense why it takes them so long now. Must get harder as you age to achieve the levels they have. Thought fortunately for them, they're getting out of the mid life crisis zone of their forties which tends to trip most artists up.

Either way, if they are truly polishing up the hypothetical fifth album, I hope that it truly connects with the public the way they intended, rather than a TCH.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
BOC are a hard band to sum up to people when introducing to their music, but I agree with echelon that you need time to get something you’ve been working on for possibly 6-7 years to perfection. So like so many on this forum, it’d be safe to say a majority would like the proposed project to have the feel that they have spent this time getting it right.
*mdg storms in from the other room “you’ve all been very quiet in there?, why aren’t you wearing those tinfoil hats that I gave you!!”
:wink:

Friendly Stranger
Orbited insanitarium wrote:*mdg storms in from the other room “you’ve all been very quiet in there?, why aren’t you wearing those tinfoil hats that I gave you!!”
:wink:

Just forming my tinfoil hat into a hexagon sir :)

Eagle Minded
Whatever the next thing is, there is no way it will meet up with expectations. Like every other album, people will be disappointed. When the dust settles down it will be placed among their best releases. I am just curious will it be "more of the same thing" or "what the hell is this shit?"

Dayvan Cowboy
Whatever the release is, my unrealistic optimism is saying it’s “just down the line” ,if I’m being honest I thought numerology played a substantial part in BOC’s releases & the new nevermen remix (treat em right) sorta solidifies it. But I guess we shouldn’t rely on numerology too much. :}

Posts Quantity
Moz wrote:Whatever the next thing is, there is no way it will meet up with expectations. Like every other album, people will be disappointed. When the dust settles down it will be placed among their best releases. I am just curious will it be "more of the same thing" or "what the hell is this shit?"

I want more "what the hell is this shit", if it doesn't take me at least 2 years of solid listening to properly grasp and understand the album then it's not BOC :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Whatever the release is, my unrealistic optimism is saying it’s “just down the line” ,if I’m being honest I thought numerology played a substantial part in BOC’s releases & the new nevermen remix (treat em right) sorta solidifies it. But I guess we shouldn’t rely on numerology too much. :}

The closer we get to the unveiling of the Pioneer's Plaque and no announcement of anything big from Warp gives me hope that it could be this fall. I really want a fall album from them. Brisk weather, orange trees and a glorious celebration of decay is the perfect time for new BOC.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
BOC are the best artist to take a long autumn walk to. Bocuma, in the annexe, new seeds etc.

Eagle Minded
I am optimistic that best BoC is still ahead of us, as seemingly impossible as it might be to surpass some of the cosmic lysergic peaks and unfathomable k-hole depths of Geogaddi/Headphase. Eventually there’ll be a flood of unreleased, rereleased (the lost records), and cutting room floor stuff that will melt all our brains.
preparation for a dive.

Happy Cycler
tonx wrote:I am optimistic that best BoC is still ahead of us, as seemingly impossible as it might be to surpass some of the cosmic lysergic peaks and unfathomable k-hole depths of Geogaddi/Headphase. Eventually there’ll be a flood of unreleased, rereleased (the lost records), and cutting room floor stuff that will melt all our brains.

I fully endorse this post.

Eagle Minded
I think their actions and responses based off of the expectations they've garnered over the years is perhaps the most healthy way to handle making music for the public - remove yourself out of the equation. A lot of artists do survive or thrive in the public eye, but considering context, sometimes remaining in the background and giving yourself boundaries that don't belong to what fans want is how the music is crafted in its most basic and essential way.

So when I hear people say it will never be received as well or live up to what is expected - my personal advice is just expect the unexpected and don't accept the disappointment you see others express and just listen and decide for yourselves. And it doesn't really matter at all how much it lives up to how it's received or anticipated - I feel like that is the antithesis to how they make their music... or I'm just projecting

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada