GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
I would certainly enjoy that lineup.

Eagle Minded
Yet another BOC twitter like...

They sure love teasing us, don't they?

Cheeky fucks... 8)
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:Yet another BOC twitter like...

Cheeky fucks... 8)

Looking into this account, it was created April 2021, and it seems to be super nondescript. All their tweets have to do with BoC. BoC might just be liking random accounts that tag them, but this seems like one of the brothers messing around again.. :)
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
ColinWallis wrote:i concur - i believe this year is a reasonably strong possibility, especially after all of that strange activity earlier this year.

highly, highly doubt they would choose to wait another two years or whatever, just cause "one decade" - to me this idea seems insanely stupid, no offence. lol. maybe it will take that long, but i don't think it would ever be just because they thought one decade sounded better.

Have you considered that the new record might not be finished yet? I don't think they would delay its release if they were 100% done with it (unless Warp decided they want to push it to X or Y quarter).

Helios wrote:Why is that stupid Slurpyland song still on their official Apple Music page??

What would Occam's razor have to say about this? :shock:

No, don't fret. On Spotify it's obvious those pranksters just created another artist with the same name.

The slurpy penis songs are linked to the second artist.

Eagle Minded
Slurpy Penis is a solid punk outfit name

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:

Cheeky fucks... 8)

Looking into this account, it was created April 2021, and it seems to be super nondescript. All their tweets have to do with BoC. BoC might just be liking random accounts that tag them, but this seems like one of the brothers messing around again.. :)

Pretty sure that username Livinglifesomewhere is a reg just like us. I see that name on the BOC subreddit from time to time so I suspect they are just liking random tweets.

Happy Cycler
This has probably been thought of in some for or another at least a billion times in the last few years but, I really hope their next release is Old Tunes / Mixtape style. That format suits them so well. Societas X was so well done, and we know what they are capable of with the old tapes. It would be awesome to get an official release of old unreleased tracks done in such a format.

Dayvan Cowboy

Cheeky fucks... 8)

I think what's interesting is how long ago it was posted and when it was liked. Maybe they're trying to tell us something?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:I think what's interesting is how long ago it was posted and when it was liked. Maybe they're trying to tell us something?

Yeah, maybe something like "We haven't logged into twitter and checked our mentions for about two weeks now" :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think what's interesting is how long ago it was posted and when it was liked. Maybe they're trying to tell us something?

Yeah, maybe something like "We haven't logged into twitter and checked our mentions for about two weeks now" :P

Surely you don't like something if you don't agree with it though. We're getting to the second quarter for Warp so you never know
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
An out of the blue fall album really would be the beez kneez.

New Seed
Frindia wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:

Cheeky fucks... 8)

Pretty sure that username Livinglifesomewhere is a reg just like us. I see that name on the BOC subreddit from time to time so I suspect they are just liking random tweets.

Can confirm, this is my tweet. Can also confirm that I am neither of the brothers, lol.

I made the Twitter account specifically to follow BoC/BoC related things. Was pretty excited when they liked the tweet, keeps me hopeful. I am sure they will release something, but who can say when?

In a while, maybe.

Eagle Minded
far out man

Eagle Minded
Wouldn't it be cool if the new album also featured real drums and maybe electric guitars? Bringing back the acoustic guitars too. That'd be the cherry on the cake.

Friendly Stranger
Moloch wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if the new album also featured real drums and maybe electric guitars? Bringing back the acoustic guitars too. That'd be the cherry on the cake.

Yes absolutely. As an avid fan of psychedelic music across various genres I'd be a happy chappy if this were the case. The chance to see them do their stuff live would be the cherry on the cake for me.

Eagle Minded
Maybe that’s part of the plan. Make an album that could tour properly with a live band/ensemble. If those jazz heads can do Music Has The Right To Children, surely a psych rock outfit could run through Campfire

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:Maybe that’s part of the plan. Make an album that could tour properly with a live band/ensemble. If those jazz heads can do Music Has The Right To Children, surely a psych rock outfit could run through Campfire

errrm, that would be the biggest kick in the balls for me. i want the straight dope.

I need my electronica. So please more of that. Adaptable to band style is ok, but the main shebang should be electronicsssssss if I were to choose.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada