GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Biznasty wrote:WARNING SKEPTICISM AHEAD: However if the banner change was to signify a large step towards release like the mushroom cloud banner for TH did, then that could also mean they've only just finished the music and they still have all the meetings and planning and artwork and packaging and legal stuff and vinyl/cds manufacturing and this and that and this and that and etc. etc. etc. etc. ... . .. .... . . . .. . to go through. Add onto that BOC time and we're still a ways out...

Either way though, the banner change is a huge event and both mean that we're at a 'when', not an 'if'. :D

Personally though I subscribe to the "everything is done and they're waiting for the records" theory because I'm an optimistic fuck and me wanty a new boccy.

Luckily the banner change is already over one year ago. A lot can happen in one year I reckon. The artistic process, the actual writing of the music, is what takes the longest time, I think.

Let's have a look at a brief timeline of events:
Spoiler: show
One Year Ago:
YouTube comment by Jaimieboy on "Boards Of Canada - Boc Maxima (Full Album) HQ Edition" Image
PS: I've contacted the guy and I've got no reason to believe he's a troll. So there's that.

September 2020:
Hell Interface YouTube Channel: Pioneer plaque banner (possible metaphor for announcing the new album?)
PS: Noteworthy they changed their HI page's banner. So maybe we get a HI inspired album?

April 2021:
Hell Interface "I feel good" video (possible metaphor for them celebrating having reached another big milestone in the production process?) (ps: again a HI related update)
phpBB [media]

read more context here: viewtopic.php?p=296775#p296775

July 2021:
Warp hired a new Supply Chain Manager (shipping BoC worldwide? a daunting task!)

About a month ago:
Jaimie recently backed this one up on my bocpages Instagram account. So there's that.

Now:
Video posted on Instagram. Official BoC social accounts (Twitter and Instagram mainly) are liking posts such as "new album please?".

Make of that what you want, but it definitely increases my optimism a notch. :D

https://instagram.com/bocpages < if you're not following bocpages yet :idea:

I had forgotten that original comment by JaimieBoy. Why would a sociopath choose to mess with such a small niche? Occam's Razor.

Friendly Stranger
Not sure how many metal fans are here. But carcass released a good album today. Now its time for another British band of brothers to release their music creations :)

Eagle Minded
6sided420 wrote:Not sure how many metal fans are here. But carcass released a good album today. Now its time for another British band of brothers to release their music creations :)

No way they still going? I worked with Carcass years ago under their alter ego Blackstar. Nice bunch of lads.

Friendly Stranger
Hell yea they are still going:) love their musical style. Listened to the whole album its great. What if the next boc albums influenced with some metal? Id love to hear boc interpretation of metal through electronic if that's possible:)

Posts Quantity
6sided420 wrote:Hell yea they are still going:) love their musical style. Listened to the whole album its great. What if the next boc albums influenced with some metal? Id love to hear boc interpretation of metal through electronic if that's possible:)

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
Fly!

Posts Quantity
anyone interested in metal infused electronic music, check out Blanck Mass, especially the album "World Eater", and "The Great Confuso EP" which features Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.

- he is also one half of the electronic duo Fuck Buttons which also have metal elements in their work.
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
Electronic breakbeat infused metal? Igorrr are a good example of that. Try tracks like ‘cheval’ or ‘Downgrade desert’

Friendly Stranger
sandrail wrote:
6sided420 wrote:Hell yea they are still going:) love their musical style. Listened to the whole album its great. What if the next boc albums influenced with some metal? Id love to hear boc interpretation of metal through electronic if that's possible:)

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy

Most def would. Good call:)

Friendly Stranger
Im def checking some of them out. Thank you for the ideas good people

Friendly Stranger
Igorrr and blanck mass. Ive only listened to one song by each artist but am liking it and gonna do some digging into their stuff. Thanks for the recommendations.

Eagle Minded
ColinWallis wrote:anyone interested in metal infused electronic music, check out Blanck Mass, especially the album "World Eater", and "The Great Confuso EP" which features Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.

- he is also one half of the electronic duo Fuck Buttons which also have metal elements in their work.

This. All of this.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Let's keep it on topic. :idea:

New Seed

No idea if this was posted here before. At least its not off topic :lol:
I think such a release would be the best thing Boards of Canada could ever do. But, I do understand if they wish for this material to stay unreleased.

Boqurant
The few old tunes and random 35 tracks tape are some of my favourite BoC material. Those tracks being officially released as well as more from that era would be an absolute dream come true.

Dayvan Cowboy
Props to Fredd-E for compiling easy to follow maps for these rumors and theories.

If they are true, nothing much we can do but sit back and enjoy the music of either Warp or countless other artists in the world.

I'm already nose deep in various detours throughout musical history.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Invalid24 wrote:Image

No idea if this was posted here before. At least its not off topic :lol:
I think such a release would be the best thing Boards of Canada could ever do. But, I do understand if they wish for this material to stay unreleased.

With the release of TH, the main BOC catalogue, which was reissued (which also was unavailable before, as I reckon). Warp could do the same thing... With the release of the new record, release some OT. A perfect storm, to introduce some an old BOC to the outside audience, in my opinion.

Posts Quantity
The reason the album is taking longer than usual to release is because they've most definitely been working on the BoCset concurrently with the album which takes much more time than some think. Their catalog of samples and recordings is obviously a unordered mix of tapes, audio files and cds. And if you ask why they don't just release the cd remasters they made in 1997 of their old stuff, those cd remasters were most likely not that great, and won't make the cut in terms of quality. They will most likely have to remake some entire songs because of the terrible audio quality they were either recorded at or stored at, while at the same time making a whole album. Give them a break guys, they're working really hard.
Fly!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:The reason the album is taking longer than usual to release is because they've most definitely been working on the BoCset concurrently with the album which takes much more time than some think. Their catalog of samples and recordings is obviously a unordered mix of tapes, audio files and cds. And if you ask why they don't just release the cd remasters they made in 1997 of their old stuff, those cd remasters were most likely not that great, and won't make the cut in terms of quality. They will most likely have to remake some entire songs because of the terrible audio quality they were either recorded at or stored at, while at the same time making a whole album. Give them a break guys, they're working really hard.

You speak....... as if you know........ for sure.....................that this is the case.

Posts Quantity
:shock:
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
bakedsodium wrote:and fuck his paywalled forum.

i just realized that that means mdg has to pay 3 quid per year, just to tell people to shut up about fake tunes
poor bastard lol
yes, i would love to be free!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada