GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:Warp Records and Bleep announced Autechre reissues today. Chiastic Slide and LP5.
Bleep liked an interesting comment on Instagram.
Fuel for speculation? :idea:

To me this seems more signifcant than when BoC liked a comment a few days ago.
Why? It's Bleep who puts out the music. :!:

this would be too mean if they're trolling lol

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:Warp Records and Bleep announced Autechre reissues today. Chiastic Slide and LP5.

looks to me that they unliked that comment
yes, i would love to be free!

Friendly Stranger
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Here’s a bit more blatant comment from him some time back while promoting a book.

sometimes looking through a photobook is like listening to an album you’ve been waiting months for you favourite artist to release.

“Months.” That’s so cute!

NorthSaturnian wrote:

It seems to be the case indeed.

Spilled the beans OR truly an accidental like which they removed after it generated a lot of buzz?

Dayvan Cowboy

Shall we just call you fred the informer now! :wink:
Right, I’m breaking out the pogues!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhgTOEDNs8

Intriguing, intriguing, intriguing....

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

Spilled the beans OR truly an accidental like which they removed after it generated a lot of buzz?
As much as I hate to admit it, my money goes to the latter.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

pretty weird since they always like almost every comment on their posts. maybe they liked it before reading what the comment said, then realized it would make boc fans go crazy so they promptly unliked it

i prefer your "spilled the beans" theory though :lol:. i seriously hope that's the case

Eagle Minded
pioneer 11 was a boring space probe anyway.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think at this point. We all know somethings coming. Wait for someone to finally reply "Yes" and the deal is sealed
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
My own theory on the Bleep matter, btw, is that Bleep are a lot more open to responding to inquiries than Warp is. They told me that something was coming in 2019, post Warp 30, and sure enough, we got XYZ. They’re in charge of the supply chain and distributing product, so I think they accidentally spilled the beans about a BOC set before realizing how quickly it blew up, courtesy of us BOC fans.
Warp probably told them to nix the BOC talk.
Honestly, I don’t think Warp/Bleep interns are on BOC’s twitter, but I do think they observe the BOC fan community, considering how much buzz and hype we generate about them. Pretty sure they don’t want anything leaking out before the time actually comes to do so :P

Eagle Minded
They know about us, most certainly. They're just tryna mess with us, that's all :) hoping for something new in the pipeline
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
some optimism for ya, a post that resonates with me at this moment in time.
"polar sky wrote:
there are a lot of good people on here that have stuck with this board for a long time....and a lot of good people who have left or post less and less because of the repeat topics and the lack of any real news. sucks because back in 2005 (i was under a different user name) this place was jumping with topics! when this new album comes out, we will see some of those great topics again. i hope. PEACE

-polar sky, 2010

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:some optimism for ya, a post that resonates with me at this moment in time.
"polar sky wrote:
there are a lot of good people on here that have stuck with this board for a long time....and a lot of good people who have left or post less and less because of the repeat topics and the lack of any real news. sucks because back in 2005 (i was under a different user name) this place was jumping with topics! when this new album comes out, we will see some of those great topics again. i hope. PEACE

-polar sky, 2010

We’re in a mirror image of the last gap between albums, but there are crucial differences.
There are a lot more remixes, a mix-tape and social media activity signifying future work. There’s also people who claim to know someone from the band coming out of the woodwork, telling us about a new album in the pressing plant, PIC telling us to sit tight and bizarre Hell Interface plaques and activities.
The only thing our friends had back in six to thirteen was MDG reassuring everyone that “yes it was coming” and he was actually wrong quite a bit. First predicting there would be multiple albums in ten.
All in all, I’m trying to stick this out as long as I can. I imagine there was a similar feeling of hopelessness voiced back in Polarsky’s quote. But it won’t always be a nuclear winter. Spring will come again.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:some optimism for ya, a post that resonates with me at this moment in time.
"polar sky wrote:

-polar sky, 2010

I was just thinking about something like this the other day. As someone who discovered and promptly geeked out on BoC right in the middle of those empty years leading up to TH, I realize I don't have much to say about the band these days. I kinda look at this subforum more as a newsletter than actually posting most of the time. It seems like the current mood is more optimistic than back then though ('course that could have just been my teenage angst :roll: ) as I remember a lot of imposter tracks and teases of the unreleased old albums that were completely wrong.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote: They’re in charge of the supply chain and distributing product...

Now, hasn't there been a serious supply chain issue over the past 19 months? I know it has impacted all kinds of industries, and, more relevant to us, vinyl pressing facilities. I've seen some artists drop digital months before their vinyl. I have a feeling that there was a major delay with Warp's catalog.

I think the fact that Autechre re-prints are coming out is a really good sign! Warp/Bleep could be over the hump with some of the grand schemes that seemed to have been unfolding over the past few years, from Warp 30 to the BOC social media activity. We also know BOC want us to have the vinyl and all the artwork when we take our first listen to music they release, so I'm optimistic.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, one thing's for sure - I can't imagine BOC doing a digital-only release, ever (or even putting a record on streaming services before physical copies are available). That just seems completely antithetical to their style.

Posts Quantity
Strange error from NCD. Probably doesn't mean anything but I've never seen this before.

Fly!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:Strange error from NCD. Probably doesn't mean anything but I've never seen this before.

It's still up for me
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Posts Quantity
Probably nothing just like that email address for avoiding spammers.
Fly!

Friendly Stranger
sandrail wrote:Strange error from NCD. Probably doesn't mean anything but I've never seen this before.

I think it's because you're trying to reach the ftp page, http://newcleardawn.com/ still works

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada