Mysterious ATP-07 Remaster

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
I believe this was made by someone named "Station 22.7". All I have is a snippet of it.

https://vocaroo.com/1bqfP8QjiLmX

Can anyone help me find the full version?
Fly!

Posts Quantity
Hey there,

I made this remaster months ago, and I could probably make a better one than that if you'd like, or I could just try and re-create what I did there to the best of my abilities (I've lost the original file unfortunately).
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Sherbet Head
No thank you, you can go do something more productive with your time. We already have 100s of remasters.
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
TheStatPow wrote:No thank you, you can go do something more productive with your time. We already have 100s of remasters.

They asked.
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Zephyr Method wrote:Hey there,

I made this remaster months ago, and I could probably make a better one than that if you'd like, or I could just try and re-create what I did there to the best of my abilities (I've lost the original file unfortunately).

i for one am interested in hearing this
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:No thank you, you can go do something more productive with your time. We already have 100s of remasters.

Why are you so condescending and abrasive? It's fairly obvious the OP would love this.

Posts Quantity
The worst kind of gatekeeper is a disdainful one. smh.

I, too, would love to hear this.

Sherbet Head
Wildfire wrote:

Why are you so condescending and abrasive? It's fairly obvious the OP would love this.

I'm sorry, the Twoism EP made me do it. Won't happen again. :evil:
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
I'm all for more :)

Is there a better word to use than remaster? (which would mean going back to the original master)

Eagle Minded
outhudd wrote:I'm all for more :)

Is there a better word to use than remaster? (which would mean going back to the original master)

“Messing around with fl studio eq on a poor recording”
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Hey y'all. So I've had this remaster that I made a year ago on my computer and thought it'd at least be worth it to post it here instead of it gathering metaphorical dust in my desktop folder.

I was originally going to make a new thread for this (god forbid) but I think this thread will fit well enough at least.
YA"R" stands for (Yet Another "Remaster"), decided to name it such because of how many times it's been done before.

All that I really did was make a composite comprising of Terekhova's rip as the primary track for the mid and high freqs and using Jbible's rip for the bass and some of the lower mid freqs. And also heavily eq'd the Jibible so that the final result wouldn't be plagued with the heavy distortion that Jibible's rip has.
It's nothing too special in my opinion. It might sound better then the other copies on YouTube (especially with the drones at the later half) but comparing it to the raw Terekhova rip the only real difference is a slight boost in the drone and heavier bass.

Alright, enough yapping. Here's what it sounds like.

phpBB [media]
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Eagle Minded
Cool. I tried doing that (mixing both bootlegs, fancy editing etc) when boot#2 appeared but I could not get them to synch in time one was at a different speed or something. Sounded bad -- yours, much better.

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:Cool. I tried doing that (mixing both bootlegs, fancy editing etc) when boot#2 appeared but I could not get them to synch in time one was at a different speed or something. Sounded bad -- yours, much better.

Ah thanks man :3
All I really did to correct the time was to place the two tracks in audacity and change the speed of the boot#2 so that it would match the aprox length of boot#1. Then made some very slight changes in speed (Like 0.004% faster or slower) until the two sounded good in sych with each other.

Eagle Minded
Yeah ok so they were in fact at different speeds -- maybe one was farther away (???) I couldn't wrangle it, I got the ends to sync but then the middle fell apart or something. I gave up.

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:Yeah ok so they were in fact at different speeds -- maybe one was farther away (???) I couldn't wrangle it, I got the ends to sync but then the middle fell apart or something. I gave up.

Huh that's odd. I didn't encounter that when I was in Audacity making this. Perhaps you could a recording that shifted in speed as it was playedback?

Posts Quantity
sandrail wrote:I believe this was made by someone named "Station 22.7". All I have is a snippet of it.

https://vocaroo.com/1bqfP8QjiLmX

Can anyone help me find the full version?

It really doesn't sound all that noteworthy though.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
Flory wrote:
Glen_Glog wrote:Yeah ok so they were in fact at different speeds -- maybe one was farther away (???) I couldn't wrangle it, I got the ends to sync but then the middle fell apart or something. I gave up.

Huh that's odd. I didn't encounter that when I was in Audacity making this. Perhaps you could a recording that shifted in speed as it was playedback?

I'm not sure -- I remember when I found the other boot (WATMM?) -- maybe 2009? -- and I had already self equalized the first recording to basically just color it to where I thought it sounded better; I used Soundforge edition old (maybe the issue?) to try and combine them (not my EQ version of the first used both original versions) and I tried time fixing them and I got the beginning and end to match but it was out of phase in the middle. Skill issue -- I just read what I wrote back so that's very possible lol

Eagle Minded
I love this track so much -- thanks again for sharing your mix Flory

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:I love this track so much -- thanks again for sharing your mix Flory

No problem my guy :3

Eagle Minded
I don't care what anyone says, this IS Noatak.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada