is boc satanic in your view?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

so watcha think

yes
8%
no
86%
no clue
6%

Total votes: 77

Eagle Minded
Some of you here should enjoy this film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciECJ-AVpP4

Eagle Minded
Sl Flk wrote:Some of you here should enjoy this film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciECJ-AVpP4

thanks, i enjoyed this film
yes, i would love to be free!

Boqurant
omg da geodaddy album is 66,666 hours long an ther is red everywere

das must meenz das roads of quebec is SATAN
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Eagle Minded
μasch wrote:omg da geodaddy album is 66,666 hours long an ther is red everywere

das must meenz das roads of quebec is SATAN

Vampires must be invited over a threshold before they can perform their art. The world is run with lies, deception and compromise and we're in the painful process of finding this out.

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/ ... a1ccf036ec

Eagle Minded
Do i believe Boards of Canada are satanic? Of course I fucking don't. Do I believe they know exactly how the world works. YES... Completely so.

Get a shot of protection
Your choice, your choice, your choice, your choice.
Here in the wind tunnel the fearful forces plot their pattern by proxy and one day you shall know.
Thank you for not smoking.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:Do i believe Boards of Canada are satanic? Of course I fucking don't. Do I believe they know exactly how the world works. YES... Completely so.

Get a shot of protection
Here in the wind tunnel the fearful forces plot their pattern by proxy and one day you shall know.

Exactly, this is why I love them. Tomorrow's Harvest was quite accurate. What makes it even more exciting, is to give such experience to the listener, before the ruckus unfolded. Some people were calling it pretentious, but I don't care. It was nothing I have experienced before.

Eagle Minded
Sl Flk wrote:Get a shot of protection

this always weirds me out. how could they have known?
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Sl Flk wrote:Get a shot of protection

this always weirds me out. how could they have known?

Many people knew/know. How these people know? It's different for all of them. Most just feel it like a cold draft, a smell or vision.

The way I see it is that whatever has a hold over this planet, be it God, Aliens or 5th dimensional beings. They gave us the word (technology), then text (technology) and then religious technology. It was likely a 2000 year plan for the order of our race. Genesis is our fall from grace (the forest) a drugs bust if you like. Do not eat of the forbidden fruit for they will become like us. So the order began with us completely lost in the wilderness.

“Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Certainly not what's being preached today.

Then you have revelations. The ending of this chapter, order and model. The realisation that Earths resources are used up. Could it be that all along, the keeping of us at war with each other and stockpiling nuclear weapons was just a smoke screen for our way of mining nuclear fuel for them? Then they come back, take it all and say "thank you very much, now you can go back to throwing shit at one another."

For an alien race that has mastered interstellar travel all our history could be fleating moments for them. From the Incas to the present day just a few weeks away.

Sherbet Head
As said in their interviews TH had a theme of where we're headed. Several topics such as over population, climatic changes war and whatnot.

In those interview they mention that we're due for a change but that it won't come from us but it will be forced on us through external means that would cause societal collapse or wherever it is that we're headed (We're certainly doomed but imo it's more mathematically, we're just not made for this world/equation and its parameters and we'll be gone like many species).

One of those external events is a pandemic. We've had a few of them and it was guaranteed another one would come anytime soon and they were right on the money with this. It's the most likely occurrence of societal change side by side with war because it is a war of some sort. The one type of war that has been present with us since we exist is that of beliefs. This pandemic has certainly been a war of beliefs and 2016 was just the precursor. (Yes I know it's a USA thingy but the world revolves around them sadly.)

This homogenization of people has made it so that people are now very polarized. Society is a cocktail waiting to explode and it's only now starting to boil. Diversity as always been important in nature and I think the most overlooked things about the bros is their attempts to stay as far as possible from this homogenization which is what allows them to have great perspectives like this.

Anyway, Idk what it is I was trying to say I went on a big tangent ... all I wanna say is: I just think they're genuinely smart and it has nothing to do with whatever is responsible for our world or any gut feeling.

Don't be creeped out just because 2 dudes sat around a bonfire and thought about where we're headed. Where we're headed is what should be scary to us.
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
TheStatPow wrote:As said in their interviews TH had a theme of where we're headed. Several topics such as over population, climatic changes war and whatnot.

In those interview they mention that we're due for a change but that it won't come from us but it will be forced on us through external means that would cause societal collapse or wherever it is that we're headed (We're certainly doomed but imo it's more mathematically, we're just not made for this world/equation and its parameters and we'll be gone like many species).

One of those external events is a pandemic. We've had a few of them and it was guaranteed another one would come anytime soon and they were right on the money with this. It's the most likely occurrence of societal change side by side with war because it is a war of some sort. The one type of war that has been present with us since we exist is that of beliefs. This pandemic has certainly been a war of beliefs and 2016 was just the precursor. (Yes I know it's a USA thingy but the world revolves around them sadly.)

This homogenization of people has made it so that people are now very polarized. Society is a cocktail waiting to explode and it's only now starting to boil. Diversity as always been important in nature and I think the most overlooked things about the bros is their attempts to stay as far as possible from this homogenization which is what allows them to have great perspectives like this.

Anyway, Idk what it is I was trying to say I went on a big tangent ... all I wanna say is: I just think they're genuinely smart and it has nothing to do with whatever is responsible for our world or any gut feeling.

Don't be creeped out just because 2 dudes sat around a bonfire and thought about where we're headed. Where we're headed is what should be scary to us.

I feel like this pandemic will only end in consumerism hell. The only way to escape it is to socially distance, from cities.
Fly!

Eagle Minded
[/quote]

I feel like this pandemic will only end in consumerism hell. The only way to escape it is to socially distance, from cities.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the opposite. The consumer/celebrity/self preservation society is over and what will replace it are common goals, harmony, health, family, truth and understanding. Not more false economic dreams of painting coal white and shipping shite all over the planet. Stuff... The material crap we fill our void with because we've totally lost touch with what it means to be alive. The boundaries are being broken and with the help of some sort of global stand off just watch us commit the same mistakes of history. At the end of this they'll be those living in ivory towers in space and those living in rainforests as hunter gatherers again.

Dayvan Cowboy
"<...>If just one thing were to be singled out to explain this astonishing increase in velocity, it would undoubtedly be the internet. More than half (52%) of the world’s population is now online, compared to less than 8% 20 years ago; in 2019, more than 1.5 billion smartphones – a symbol and vector of velocity that allows us to be reached anywhere and at any time – were sold around the world. The internet of things (IoT) now connects 22 billion devices in real time, ranging from cars to hospital beds, electric grids and water station pumps, to kitchen ovens and agricultural irrigation systems. This number is expected to reach 50 billion or more in 2030. <...>
We can see velocity everywhere; whether it’s a crisis, social discontent, technological developments and adoption, geopolitical upheaval, the financial markets and, of course, the manifestation of infectious diseases – everything now runs on fast-forward. As a result, we operate in a real-time society, with the nagging feeling that the pace of life is ever increasing. This new culture of immediacy, obsessed with speed, is apparent in all aspects of our lives, from “just-in-time” supply chains to “high-frequency” trading, from speed dating to fast food. It is so pervasive that some pundits call this new phenomenon the “dictatorship of urgency”. It can indeed take extreme forms. Research performed by scientists at Microsoft shows, for example, that being slower by no more than 250 milliseconds (a quarter of a second) is enough for a website to lose hits to its “faster” competitors!<...>
In a famous experiment conducted in 1975, two psychologists found that when we have to predict an exponential process, we often underestimate it by factor of 10.[8] Understanding this growth dynamic and the power of exponentials clarifies why velocity is such an issue and why the speed of intervention to curb the rate of growth is so crucial. Ernest Hemingway understood this. In his novelThe Sun Also Rises, two characters have the following conversation: “How did you go bankrupt?" Bill asked. “Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually, then suddenly.” The same tends to happen for big systemic shifts and disruption in general: things tend to change gradually at first and then all at once."

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:"<...>If just one thing were to be singled out to explain this astonishing increase in velocity, it would undoubtedly be the internet. More than half (52%) of the world’s population is now online, compared to less than 8% 20 years ago; in 2019, more than 1.5 billion smartphones – a symbol and vector of velocity that allows us to be reached anywhere and at any time – were sold around the world. The internet of things (IoT) now connects 22 billion devices in real time, ranging from cars to hospital beds, electric grids and water station pumps, to kitchen ovens and agricultural irrigation systems. This number is expected to reach 50 billion or more in 2030. <...>
We can see velocity everywhere; whether it’s a crisis, social discontent, technological developments and adoption, geopolitical upheaval, the financial markets and, of course, the manifestation of infectious diseases – everything now runs on fast-forward. As a result, we operate in a real-time society, with the nagging feeling that the pace of life is ever increasing. This new culture of immediacy, obsessed with speed, is apparent in all aspects of our lives, from “just-in-time” supply chains to “high-frequency” trading, from speed dating to fast food. It is so pervasive that some pundits call this new phenomenon the “dictatorship of urgency”. It can indeed take extreme forms. Research performed by scientists at Microsoft shows, for example, that being slower by no more than 250 milliseconds (a quarter of a second) is enough for a website to lose hits to its “faster” competitors!<...>
In a famous experiment conducted in 1975, two psychologists found that when we have to predict an exponential process, we often underestimate it by factor of 10.[8] Understanding this growth dynamic and the power of exponentials clarifies why velocity is such an issue and why the speed of intervention to curb the rate of growth is so crucial. Ernest Hemingway understood this. In his novelThe Sun Also Rises, two characters have the following conversation: “How did you go bankrupt?" Bill asked. “Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually, then suddenly.” The same tends to happen for big systemic shifts and disruption in general: things tend to change gradually at first and then all at once."

Do you think the internet caused this dictatorship of urgency or is it the other way around?
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:
arvy wrote:"<...>If just one thing were to be singled out to explain this astonishing increase in velocity, it would undoubtedly be the internet. More than half (52%) of the world’s population is now online, compared to less than 8% 20 years ago; in 2019, more than 1.5 billion smartphones – a symbol and vector of velocity that allows us to be reached anywhere and at any time – were sold around the world. The internet of things (IoT) now connects 22 billion devices in real time, ranging from cars to hospital beds, electric grids and water station pumps, to kitchen ovens and agricultural irrigation systems. This number is expected to reach 50 billion or more in 2030. <...>

Do you think the internet caused this dictatorship of urgency or is it the other way around?

One word: electricity

Boqurant
I feel like "From One Source All Things Depend" was BOC saying that they weren't necessarily anti-Christian or Satanic.

Maybe I'm biased tho because the song brings a tear to my eye.

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:I feel like "From One Source All Things Depend" was BOC saying that they weren't necessarily anti-Christian or Satanic.

Maybe I'm biased tho because the song brings a tear to my eye.

Honestly, I kind of get a bitter irony vibe from that song. Innocent children talking about how God wouldn't make electricity or people if he "wasn't nice," when we know people are the ones doing horrible things to each other, makes it sound like they're just too young to see the cruelty in the world.

Amazing song.

Eagle Minded
They have publicly stated they are not religious.

/thread

Eagle Minded
Wildfire wrote:They have publicly stated they are not religious.

/thread

classic

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:
Wildfire wrote:They have publicly stated they are not religious.

/thread

classic

Ain't nothing better that a long drawn out YouTube comment from our own Seniarez!

Thank fuck for that 'show less' button. :wink:

Posts Quantity
boc are rational artists
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada