BoC "lyrics" from Musixmatch on Spotify

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Apologies if this is well-known, but I hadn't seen it discussed here yet. Spotify recently started showing lyrics for certain tracks and this includes some by BoC. The lyrics are "Licensed & Provided by Musixmatch", where they've been submitted by fans. It seems a bit odd to me that these unofficial lyrics are being shown on Spotify, given how careful BoC are over the presentation of their music.

I've not come across anything that isn't on bocpages already, but it's kind of funny to see things like "yellow ball" is quoted for the contested sample ("we all fall down" etc.) in Music Is Math.

Kend_Wire wrote:given how careful BoC are over the presentation of their music.

M&M are always free to update the Musixmatch entries. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Friendly Stranger
Just saw that My Bloody Valentine didn't like this happening to their stuff and Spotify have removed lyrics for them.

Fredd-E wrote:M&M are always free to update the Musixmatch entries. :D

Keep your eyes peeled for the next ARG ;)

Eagle Minded

wow fancy headphones over ere

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:

Eh, they're not that fancy. I only got them for about 15 bucks at the Walgreens and... oh wait
:P
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:
kakanara wrote:

Eh, they're not that fancy. I only got them for about 15 bucks at the Walgreens and... oh wait
:P

I have the same headphones myself and they're very impressive. Bought 'em around a year ago and I've literally only had to charge them a handful of times.

They're my first pair of wireless buds so I can't compare them to any other models, but they honestly seem flawless to me.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sherbet Head wrote:I have the same headphones myself and they're very impressive. Bought 'em around a year ago and I've literally only had to charge them a handful of times.

They're my first pair of wireless buds so I can't compare them to any other models, but they honestly seem flawless to me.

I've been using a pair of bose QC25 headphones since 2019. Heck i must've played about all the music I listen to on them. Surprisingly they last much longer than you would have thought.

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:I have the same headphones myself and they're very impressive. Bought 'em around a year ago and I've literally only had to charge them a handful of times.

I've been using a pair of bose QC25 headphones since 2019. Heck i must've played about all the music I listen to on them. Surprisingly they last much longer than you would have thought.

Never actually owned Bose cans myself but I'm always reading good things about them. The QCs look great!

My wireless Sony buds are mainly for on-the-go use, phonecalls, etc. Got some ATH-M50s for the house, had them for years and years and they still sound tip top.

New Seed

the community over there just copies and pastes the lyrics from elsewhere. in most cases it doesn't do a good job of actually having the right lyrics.
if you can be told what you can see or read then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.
defend your constitutionally protected rights.
no one else will do it for you.
thank you.

https://www.kevinosmond.bandcamp.com

Posts Quantity
Happened for MBV and Cocteau Twins also where people have put completely wrong lyrics online and then they end up on Spotify

New Seed
sometimes i'll see a decently obscure artist i listen to have lyrics for songs on spotify only for the lyrics to be mostly incorrect and not synced up right to the song
if you can be told what you can see or read then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.
defend your constitutionally protected rights.
no one else will do it for you.
thank you.

https://www.kevinosmond.bandcamp.com

Return to Boards of Canada