Random 35 Tracks Tape (sandrail remaster)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

This has been a project of mine for some time, and I finished it a while ago. It started with a remaster of Godever but I decided to do the whole album.

This is based off Quants' (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAs6KyfzUXF8tbHPXQPIN0g) remaster, which I wasn't completely satisfied with.
Fly!

Boqurant
sounds good, i like how it doesn't have a million digital artifacts and super high awful treble like some remasters. seeing B04 labeled as numerator is repulsive tho :lol:

Posts Quantity
bakedsodium wrote:sounds good, i like how it doesn't have a million digital artifacts and super high awful treble like some remasters. seeing B04 labeled as numerator is repulsive tho :lol:

There was something labeled Numerator making the rounds on SoulSeek in 2003 identical to B04 before the "Unreleased Materials" and "Random 35 Tracks Tape" were ever posted.
Still, that could have been someone speculating too but I'm rather convinced it's Numerator, considering how similar it is to the Jockey Slut description of PBN.
Fly!

Boqurant
sandrail wrote:
bakedsodium wrote:sounds good, i like how it doesn't have a million digital artifacts and super high awful treble like some remasters. seeing B04 labeled as numerator is repulsive tho :lol:

There was something labeled Numerator making the rounds on SoulSeek in 2003 identical to B04 before the "Unreleased Materials" and "Random 35 Tracks Tape" were ever posted.
Still, that could have been someone speculating too but I'm rather convinced it's Numerator, considering how similar it is to the Jockey Slut description of PBN.

It isn't very similar, WYLTBF (the one actual sample we have of PBN) uses electric guitars, but B04 doesn't. In my opinion B04 is more of an Acid Memories era song, it bears a lot of resemblance to A10 and B14 and fits the description of Acid Memories much more than PBN.
B04's time is also around 10 seconds off despite having the start and ending intact, one of the few R35TT tracks that does. R35TT will normally alter the track times.
For example, some AFOT tracks on the tape are shorter than they appear on AFOT itself. Say for instance we had no idea what House Of Abin'adab was called. Based on the R35TT time we would probably theorize that it was actually Close2 or something, when in reality it's just shortened via a fade out.
My point being that tracks that don't have a defined ending (ones that fade in or out) can't really be speculated on based on track length IMO, because they can be, and some likely were, shortened or lengthened.

Plus, B04 making the rounds on Soulseek before the supposed R35TT being surfaced isn't credible either. There's been several files, one of B16 iirc that was encoded with LAME 3.82 which released on May 11, 2000. Long before R35TT's 2004 audiogalaxy and x-l-tronic posts.

To me, Numerator is probably A07 as it fits the description of PBN much better / fades in which means it could be and is probably longer / and has audible CD skipping, PBN being the only documented CD release pre-1996. I suppose it could be something like Echelon too but who knows lol.

Posts Quantity
Whatever it is called, 'Numerator' has always been one of my favorite tracks on this oddball compilation

I wish we could get the real story one day behind this 'release' since mdg is even confused by its origins as its from many different unreleased sources
**If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.**

Posts Quantity
Probably a weird compilation by a friend. If it was made by someone in HS, mdg would know the origins of it.
Fly!

Eagle Minded
is this still available?
yes, i would love to be free!

Return to Boards of Canada