Trans Canada Highway Artwork

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Hey guys, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an actual 1977 Dodge 500-800 manual with a similar design. I have been looking for a while, and the only place I have found that image is on bocpages and a few other sites/forums related to BOC.

I hope I'm wrong, but can someone prove it? Where did the original source for the artwork for Trans Canada Highway on bocpages come from?

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Trans_Canada_Highway

Sherbet Head
there was a bloke selling dodge manuals at this swap meet i went to years ago and i asked him about the 77 500 800 models manual and he said he'd never seen it before

but idk
*farts*

idk

Posts Quantity
well there was one sold on ebay (scroll down for picture):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-DODGE-TRUC ... 7675.l2557

the guy only sells auto manuals

Boqurant
9 Years in the making and I finally got one! Just snagged it for 20 quid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275169237712?h ... Sw3y9h~cOS

Sorry to revive this post from from beyond the reasonable grave, but this was a mystery to me for years. I have been checking for this every once in a while. I remember back in the day aorta's link was dead whenever I tried to click on it and never could seem to verify if in fact this was actually a real thing. People on watmm didn't know back in the day either.

But even Bocpages still states:

The cover art for Trans Canada Highway is believed to have been copied from a 1977 dodge instruction manual.

If this is old OLD news please forgive me, it's one of my personal BOC mysteries, because as someone who is into both BOC and graphic design, Trans Canada Highway has always been my personal favorite album cover.

Anyways be back in another 9 years with Hooper Bay, gents! JK, good to be back!

Thanks for sharing!

Posts Quantity
Congrats! Very nice find. :D

Eagle Minded
That's class.

Dayvan Cowboy
I also have one! Snagged it off ebay for like $15 or so. Pretty cool piece, looks good on a shelf

Posts Quantity
In Technicolor wrote:Image
If this is old OLD news please forgive me, it's one of my personal BOC mysteries, because as someone who is into both BOC and graphic design, Trans Canada Highway has always been my personal favorite album cover.

I spy with my little eye a FNORD

Boqurant
oakmoss&amber wrote:
In Technicolor wrote:Image

I spy with my little eye a FNORD

I'm bending over backwards trying to spy it as well...?

Posts Quantity
In Technicolor wrote:I'm bending over backwards trying to spy it as well...?

for new 1977 dodge medium duty trucks. models 500-800

Boqurant
It arrived today, I'm just going to put it in my JX-3Ps music rack. I looked inside the manual, and you won't BELIEVE what I found!

Nothing, nothing but maintenance and battery care for a 45 year old vehicle I don't own. No secret encoded messages about how to obtain the lost albums, no owls (if you can remember that one), no clear dawns... There's not one god damn thing in this book about BOC themselves, which in my estimation makes this 4% a disappointment. When I started this thread in 2013 I expected more returns on my investment.

oakmoss&amber wrote:
In Technicolor wrote:I'm bending over backwards trying to spy it as well...?

for new 1977 dodge medium duty trucks. models 500-800

Got it now!

Posts Quantity
In Technicolor wrote:When I started this thread in 2013 I expected more returns on my investment.

In my opinion, a very wonderful investment.

Nothing, nothing but maintenance and battery care for a 45 year old vehicle I don't own. No secret encoded messages about how to obtain the lost albums, no owls (if you can remember that one), no clear dawns... There's not one god damn thing in this book about BOC themselves, which in my estimation makes this 4% a disappointment.

Thank you for making me belly laugh.

Eagle Minded
i think the guys who made the tch tapes might want to get one. with some haggling you might be able to get a return on your investment. congratulations on your purchase!

Dayvan Cowboy
It's beautiful seeing what past artwork BOC draw inspiration from. Dying to see their next album cover if there is one
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Fly!

Return to Boards of Canada