GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I think waiting at this point is a meme. It's gone on so long that all we can do is laugh and make humor about it. Which is good in a way. Better than being angry about it. We've entered the acceptance stage :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger

Eagle Minded
About the potential bocset, do we know for sure the brothers still have the master tapes/files?

Eagle Minded
Hey Satan,
I feel different, I turned my frown upside down. But I still feel like I’m melting under an orange hexagon sun. I feel good, but feeling bad can feel good too you told me. Uuh any way I realized something today that you opened the light, I heard that little ostinato at the end there in here then Christmas.
Hey satan? …..
I feel different

Eagle Minded
ohhhh sad Satan

Dayvan Cowboy
What are the chances of something happening on the 9th? :)

Eagle Minded
Hey guys I forgot to take my meds today and got blocked from Infinito audio… in my defense I messaged them this privately initially, when it bounced back that they don’t accept messages I decided to go for it.
https://imgur.com/a/R3zK92I
I love you all sorry I’m insane

We are reasonable people

They quickly blocked me , mind you this is my first and only interaction with them Im usually pretty PC

Eagle Minded
https://imgur.com/a/UNBO47A
And I followed up with a more or friendly post on stargate.
Médica I forgot to take it

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Hey guys I forgot to take my meds today and got blocked from Infinito audio… in my defense I messaged them this privately initially, when it bounced back that they don’t accept messages I decided to go for it.

We are reasonable people

They quickly blocked me , mind you this is my first and only interaction with them Im usually pretty PC

Honestly, I don't blame you for being angry and what you sent them is surprisingly less offensive than I thought it would be I'm at the point where every lead involving BOC in the last nine years have been a red herring or a disappointment. I'm too tired to get properly angry.

I'm honestly sure we're being conned to start with and what they offer us, if anything, is nothing new or special. They've said it themselves.

Much love my friend and I'm sure at some point we'll get there.
Last edited by Echelon on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:Hey guys I forgot to take my meds today and got blocked from Infinito audio… in my defense I messaged them this privately initially, when it bounced back that they don’t accept messages I decided to go for it.

We are reasonable people

I love it, man! I'm glad you did it.
Screw 'em.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Before I go today, I was thinking about this new release.
I don't think they're going to call it the 'BOCset'. I think they've settled on "Thrift Store VHS Tape" and "Missing Tracks" because it turns out they forgot to include 11 tracks in the VHS tape.

When they release the new stuff days from now it's going to have a clever title that makes us all think. I don't want to speculate too much because, well, the new release is so close. At this point I'd just be repeating what the band is going to say in all the interviews they've ALREADY DONE.

Stargate can go flip itself into another dimension for all I care.

https://www.reddit.com/r/toptalent/comm ... dimension/
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
I think what hexagonFox sent to infiniteaudio is not something I'd agree with doing but I understand the reasoning behind it. I really don't think Stargate Zine need to issue an apology, as it's not out yet.

My honest opinion is that Stargate hadn't realised by putting Boards of Canada's name on the cover that we would theorise 24/7 over this. I think the delay is due to peer pressure from the community. We can be toxic.

I'm sure you did the thing that felt right at the time hexagonFox. But while reading it, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I reiterate that It's all good though, and I understand completely if you hadn't taken your medication. :)

I echo Echelon's post on the previous page. It'll come when it comes.

Posts Quantity

We are reasonable people

This is not okay behaviour. I wish you’d take that down actually.
1986 Summer Fire

Eagle Minded
I welcome all opinions. Orbited I do agree, I wish I hadn’t used profanity. Not very mature of me

Eagle Minded
They're an independent zine who have already said there won't be any new BoC related stuff in there, they don't owe us shit, and they can take as long as they want to release it.

That comment really makes us as a community look like assholes, "The BoC fan base does not take this kind of shit lightly". Why are you speaking for an entire fan base? I made a post like 10-20 pages ago about not getting upset at Stargate if nothing comes of this, yet here we are, it's disappointing to see.

Eagle Minded
An interesting take away though.
I can’t tell you how many angry comments I come across on BOCs platform most are “ it’s been 8 years wtf” some are more angry and colorful. A couple on their Facebook page border on the strange and disturbing. But still they remain some after 8years.
But yet some no name musician kid leaves two comments and gets blocked from both accounts. While the first had some questionable language (sorry if I offended anyone) the second was pretty understanding and diplomatic. And yes we can be pretty toxic as a fan base. But I don’t under stand the blocking. I’m not continually harassing them, or blowing up thier feed.
I find this to be telling

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:An interesting take away though.
I can’t tell you how many angry comments I come across on BOCs platform most are “ it’s been 8 years wtf” some are more angry and colorful. A couple on their Facebook page border on the strange and disturbing. But still they remain some after 8years.
But yet some no name musician kid leaves two comments and gets blocked from both accounts. While the first had some questionable language (sorry if I offended anyone) the second was pretty understanding and diplomatic. And yes we can be pretty toxic as a fan base. But I don’t under stand the blocking. I’m not continually harassing them, or blowing up thier feed.
I find this to be telling

It's not all that bad, I do get where you are coming from in regards to blocking. You certainly weren't spamming. I'm confused as to why the block was so quick as well.

Let's all take a breather eh? Get away from them keyboards for a few moments. :wink:

Possible silver lining:
They disabled the comment section on the Instagram post but I don’t recall seeing the line I highlighted before.

Soon.

Eagle Minded
Hey I was gonna wait to post again ( sorry if I upset anyone) I’ll be more cognizant in the future.
But infinito audio emailed me directly.
And said in regards to stargate publications “we understand the magazine appears soon, be aware”

Dayvan Cowboy
The 9th is coming soon... ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada