GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Soon my dog of war

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:Soon my dog of war

:D

Ironically, that's my other thought. BOC are going to explode out of nowhere from this drought and hit us when we least expect it. I'm 50/50 here
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I'm 50/50 here
The only true percentage; things either happen, or they don't.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Though I write this in jest, I think there might be a bit of truth in it.

Your jest will be infinite.

Sherbet Head
There are no clues to the next release in previous release artwork. No one has that much forethought. It's the kind of thing that would be cool in hindsight and you'd wish you could do but to plan something ten years away with a cryptic clue is insane. Who knows what will happen in that time. They might have had a burst of creativity and want to release 3 albums, Warp could go bust, or worse. Of course, they are no tied to the clue by pain of death but I think it's really silly to waste your time and hopes looking backward. Yes, Boc look backward with their musical vibe, ideas and timbres but personally, you'd expect them to look forward, like any artist, you release something and it's out there, done. Chapter over. Move on and make something fresh and new.
And like us all, they are flying by the seat of their pants and something will come together and form an album in time. They are normal dudes, not super brains.
You could feel the bullshit

Geogandhi wrote:There are no clues to the next release in previous release artwork. No one has that much forethought. It's the kind of thing that would be cool in hindsight and you'd wish you could do but to plan something ten years away with a cryptic clue is insane. Who knows what will happen in that time. They might have had a burst of creativity and want to release 3 albums, Warp could go bust, or worse. Of course, they are no tied to the clue by pain of death but I think it's really silly to waste your time and hopes looking backward. Yes, Boc look backward with their musical vibe, ideas and timbres but personally, you'd expect them to look forward, like any artist, you release something and it's out there, done. Chapter over. Move on and make something fresh and new.
And like us all, they are flying by the seat of their pants and something will come together and form an album in time. They are normal dudes, not super brains.

You really don't need forethought to be honest. They could look back at their artwork today and pick something from it (822 for instance) and use that gimmick for a future release thing. This way they didn't need to think about it in 2013 and still make it an actual thing. But I agree even in this scenario this seems very unlikely to me.

Eagle Minded
It's been 1 whole minute since BoC retweeted Bleeps tweet about Geogaddi vinyls and it already feels like a drought again.

Eagle Minded
You know I hate to keep talking about it,
but that tweet was posted at exactly midnight on 8/22/22.
I know ive already mentioned it. but I think something is up..
And this retweet is something more than just a retweet.
Im just being hopeful hahahaha
wishing
praying :P :lol: :roll:
hope you all are we'll

Friendly Stranger
So what do you all think— 420 tweet likes and an album release on 4/20/23…
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:There are no clues to the next release in previous release artwork. No one has that much forethought. It's the kind of thing that would be cool in hindsight and you'd wish you could do but to plan something ten years away with a cryptic clue is insane. Who knows what will happen in that time. They might have had a burst of creativity and want to release 3 albums, Warp could go bust, or worse. Of course, they are no tied to the clue by pain of death but I think it's really silly to waste your time and hopes looking backward. Yes, Boc look backward with their musical vibe, ideas and timbres but personally, you'd expect them to look forward, like any artist, you release something and it's out there, done. Chapter over. Move on and make something fresh and new.

You really don't need forethought to be honest. They could look back at their artwork today and pick something from it (822 for instance) and use that gimmick for a future release thing. This way they didn't need to think about it in 2013 and still make it an actual thing. But I agree even in this scenario this seems very unlikely to me.

Ironically, they could choose 8/22 or some other significant date and fuel our madness.

But I have a feeling their next interview will involve a quote like: "We didn't intend for the Tomorrow's Harvest campaign to influence the fanbase into thinking we had some secret code for the next release. We were simply taking care of our family and working at our usual snails pace."

Kind of expect this as their reaction to all the entertaining predictions, but it would be a lot funnier if they actually did something to fuel the fire.

Actually...I Feel Good, the weird Mike on fire picture, the song quotes and potential adult swim bumpers did that pretty well :P

Eagle Minded
Petter Iain Cambell posted a picture of his son or
some kid with a Boards of Canada shirt on his Instagram story

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm also going to add this bit of positivity to the thread.

Somewhere out there, there is:

-A tracklisting of brand new boccy titles

-Artwork compiled from a variety of old and new images, including a brand new typeface for the logo

-At least 60 minutes worth of new IDM(?) tunes in a brand new direction

Possibly on two or even three formats if we count cassettes

While I'm not so confident we're getting it soon, a new album on the way entails the above and so much more! :)

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:I'm also going to add this bit of positivity to the thread.

Somewhere out there, there is:

-A tracklisting of brand new boccy titles

Not necessarily, could be Hell Interface titles

hexagonFox wrote:Petter Iain Cambell posted a picture of his son or

*Peter
*Campbell
*Daughter

This is why we don’t get new BoC. :D

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:Petter Iain Cambell posted a picture of his son or

*Peter
*Campbell
*Daughter

This is why we don’t get new BoC. :D

wiggetty wiggetyy what's up
I just have bad motor skills when I'm excited.
crandle dandle
dooo
No offense intended.
Or offence, defense etc
also terrible at using the interface which is keyboard or phone.
or pretty much anything unless its real life.
crandle dandle doo
Thanks for bringing this to my intention once again

Fox
Out

Eagle Minded
im afraid we've lost fox...

smoked one too many boccy joints
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
The Fantastic Mr. Fox has been a tirelessly devoted messiah to the cause.

Freudian slips and predictive text having their wily way I'm sure. :wink:

Eagle Minded
All I gotta say is.

I Love you all.

8/28/22 - SPLIT YOUR INFINITIES

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Image
The Fantastic Mr. Fox has been a tirelessly devoted messiah to the cause.

Freudian slips and predictive text having their wily way I'm sure. :wink:

I agree. I only worry for Hex Fox because BOC don't like it when you get too close to the truth. Opoth almost cracked the code on their Twitter and that's when the Hexagon Compound ninja assassins were dispatched.

Eagle Minded
Just a quick sidetrack question: i’m watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind for probably the 40th time in my life and I’m noticing towards the end of the movie on top of Devils Tower there is a drone sound towards the beginning of when the spaceships start communicating with the humans. Can any of you think of another reference in a movie where a drone sound were introduced prior to this movie?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada