GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
(Warning number theories) My speculative input:
Neil hasn't real posted anything relating to the band in a moment.
On the flip side we have been getting some BOC related photos on Peter Iain Cambell's
Not only 2 photos of the brothers themselves but... (and now I know he's gone ahead in the comments and said that its not the brothers but "The right light to be")
That photo of "Infared Sun" circa 1996 was his 333rd post, and he posted it on 6/30.. in old hexagonFox fashion I can't help but flip my frown up side down and see 9/30. in some how think 1996 is a red flag.
Just having fun

Eagle Minded
Helios wrote:Who is Krug, and why would this have anything to do with BoC?

https://www.neilkrug.com/boards-of-canada

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:There's no way the bros would OK an image referencing a song from an older album.

Sure I completely agree, I was just responding to your "I can't decides if the Krug pic has BoC vibes or not."

Eagle Minded
Ah, OK. Yeah, I could go either way with the image.

Eagle Minded
I have something to share :
There is a place in Scotland called Glen Orchy. It looks beautiful.
There is also a place in New Zealand called Glen Orchy, and its a beautiful valley named after the Scottish location.
Near by is a place called Paradise.
This brings two things to mind.
and probably just a coincidence but this as well

If you were following my previous non sensical rant .... there is the rainbow in the clouds. 8:22-9:14
just having fun
but it looks like we are going to mars

Dayvan Cowboy
Honestly, I'm leaning towards this being Lana Del Rey related. This would be like the BoC YouTube account making a community post with a shot of a singular piece of studio equipment coupled with the phrase "Stay tuned". But hey, I once thought looking to [adult swim] bumps for clues was silly, so I'm no Rodoxtradamus to look to.

Also, no Mark, I will NOT be making an Instagram account, just let me see the godforsaken pictures.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Honestly, I'm leaning towards this being Lana Del Rey related. This would be like the BoC YouTube account making a community post with a shot of a singular piece of studio equipment coupled with the phrase "Stay tuned". But hey, I once thought looking to [adult swim] bumps for clues was silly, so I'm no Rodoxtradamus to look to.

Also, no Mark, I will NOT be making an Instagram account, just let me see the godforsaken pictures.

"Rodoxtradamus, is wordplay genius. "

- Orbistotle.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Honestly, I'm leaning towards this being Lana Del Rey related. This would be like the BoC YouTube account making a community post with a shot of a singular piece of studio equipment coupled with the phrase "Stay tuned". But hey, I once thought looking to [adult swim] bumps for clues was silly, so I'm no Rodoxtradamus to look to.

"Rodoxtradamus, is wordplay genius. "

- Orbistotle.
The lesser form of Toddstradamus :lol:

Boqurant
hexagonFox wrote:I have something to share :
There is a place in Scotland called Glen Orchy. It looks beautiful.
There is also a place in New Zealand called Glen Orchy, and its a beautiful valley named after the Scottish location.
Near by is a place called Paradise.
This brings two things to mind.
and probably just a coincidence but this as well

If you were following my previous non sensical rant .... there is the rainbow in the clouds. 8:22-9:14
just having fun
but it looks like we are going to mars

Thank you for bringing up a great memory - after stopping for food in Glenorchy, my wife and I got semi-lost driving through and past Paradise while on our honeymoon in NZ. Driving a 4WD out in the absolutely gorgeous mountainous wilderness of NZ with the sun starting to set and seeming like there was not another soul for ages. Good times :]

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:A Flood Is Coming
Im about to tell you how today 8/15/22 is important, and some how related to 8:22 and Tomorrows Harvest and what may becoming next
I have reason to believe today 8/15/22 is a very important date. I have, (as you all have been tolerating kindly) been looking at 8:22 and all of the strange coincidences that seem to pop up as I dig further. I will try and be as clear and concise as possible moving forward. I will be repeating things but they need to be mentioned for newcomers.
Everyone who witnessed Tomorrows Harvest ARG remembers this website above(also take note of the one above http://www.newcleardawn.com/ 8 years+ and still active. Those pyramids are more than just a nod to the Illuminati. I will note that 8:22 comes from the book of genesis, the first book of the Hebrew Bible (Sheol Boundary).
Its passage reads like this :
“As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”
Where I am about to go next has us going to a YouTube channel that popped up and is most certainly going to post on 8/22/22. Now what you are about to hear doesn't necessarily sound "good" maybe with the exception of the little synth outro. What you do get is a complete black screen like "Hell Interface" and what sounds like a kid recording himself over Handels Messiah, now normally I would say this is garbage. Until I saw their other video of Telepath, and until I googled Handles Messiah and saw that it was written from 8:22-9:14 and of course I went further.
phpBB [media]

Still in the book of Genesis this time Chapter 9:14, and this chapter continues Gods conversation with Noah. It reads like this "Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rain(bow) appears in the clouds"
Now this takes place during a conversation with God and Noah talking about the promise of not flooding the Earth. Tell me if I'm wrong but there is very little if any reference to water on Tomorrows Harvest. So here we are awaiting a harvest moon in September.
Also approaching the end of the zodiac sign Leo 8/22 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_(astrology) fun fact is the history behind the sign. --- "Egyptians worshipped the constellation, which they referred to as "Knem", because it was present during the flooding of the Nile River."
This next part brings us to 8/15/22
On this quest I also unintentionally tied in the dates of Sheol Boundary/Hell Interface/Pioneer Dates again, probably just coincidence. At the time of this posting you can find that the last time the page below was edited was on April 5th (From some hilarious vandalism)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flooding_of_the_Nile

And if you read into this story further more specifically into the tears of "Isis'" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis#Influence_in_later_cultures/ and you look into the section of how it inspired later cultures, you will find your self reading about Mozarts Magic Flute and I guess its also just coincidence that it premiered on 9/30

Now call me crazy or call me ORANGE
But here we have multiple dates pointing to the Youtube channels that are displaying Pioneer plaques. We also have their latest release with NeverMen "Treat em right" even making mentions of Pioneer's plaque" Like all good complex hydrogen models you too shall, will, will, shall topple"
I will also note that while that was initially released in July, when the instrumental came out most dates read August 11th, 2021
Now follow me here but August 11th was our last full moon and the next one is the harvest on Sept 10 2022.
I mentioned how their next twitter posts are gonna be 22. But if you add this many days
To August 11th 2021 you get the harvest moon date of 9/10/22

So what does this mean ,
Frankly it sounds like the ramblings of a crazy man. Or maybe not.
Are we waiting for clouds in the sky ( The VHS tape) or a rainbow?
Are we waiting for 8:22.
Maybe its September 30th @ 10:38 UTC
Or the Harvest moon date 9/10
Maybe a flood, the seeds have been planted have they not? We have buried our dead. What's next?
Are we waiting for an extraterrestrial transmission from the Pioneer plaque?
It must also be a coincided that the most notable extraterrestrial signal we have received also falls on this day.Image

In conclusion I would like to take the first date you saw August 22 1996 and count the time until September 30th 2022
Call me crazy or call me orange
But you get 228,840 Hours
Or 9535 Days.

So happy 8/15 and may you all enjoy the calm before the storm.

I love you man!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails I missed you!! Squid That sounds like a lovely memory I'm glad I could help bring it back!!

Tomorrow is the day 22/8/22

And in preparation for the dive I'll throw in a couple more fun facts I came across.

Definition of Apogee:
1. The highest point in the development of something; a climax or culmination.
the point in the orbit of the moon or a satellite at which it is furthest from the earth.
This reminds me of Pioneer obviously but also:
Monday, Aug. 22, 2022, at 5:53 p.m. EDT, the Moon will be at apogee, it's farthest from Earth for this orbit.

NASA’s Voyager 2 spacecraft that provided the first photographic proof of the existence of Neptune’s rings on August 22, 1989.

and lastly

In 1932 BBC begins experimental regular TV broadcasts

Obviously I'm just speculating and having fun looking into the dates and numbers .....and in the likely event that nothing BOC related happens tomorrow. I would like all of you to enjoy the day, maybe throw on your favorite BOC tune and send some positive energy to the brothers and their families! We should be grateful for the discography they have blessed us with because as artists they have never owed us anything. Lets celebrate 8/22 together
Cheers

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Sky and Trails I missed you!! Squid That sounds like a lovely memory I'm glad I could help bring it back!!

Tomorrow is the day 22/8/22

And in preparation for the dive I'll throw in a couple more fun facts I came across.

Definition of Apogee:
1. The highest point in the development of something; a climax or culmination.
the point in the orbit of the moon or a satellite at which it is furthest from the earth.
This reminds me of Pioneer obviously but also:
Monday, Aug. 22, 2022, at 5:53 p.m. EDT, the Moon will be at apogee, it's farthest from Earth for this orbit.

NASA’s Voyager 2 spacecraft that provided the first photographic proof of the existence of Neptune’s rings on August 22, 1989.

and lastly

In 1932 BBC begins experimental regular TV broadcasts

Obviously I'm just speculating and having fun looking into the dates and numbers .....and in the likely event that nothing BOC related happens tomorrow. I would like all of you to enjoy the day, maybe throw on your favorite BOC tune and send some positive energy to the brothers and their families! We should be grateful for the discography they have blessed us with because as artists they have never owed us anything. Lets celebrate 8/22 together
Cheers

You've got those Desired Constellations right there in front of you hexagonFox! Hey, we'll have to give you a twoism philosophers name now.

I knight you "Pythfoxgoras" for your services to numerology. :P

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:You've got those Desired Constellations right there in front of you hexagonFox! Hey, we'll have to give you a twoism philosophers name now.

I knight you "Pythfoxgoras" for your services to numerology. :P

Thank you

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
I'm currently living in 8/22 and there's no new boc :(

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:I'm currently living in 8/22 and there's no new boc :(

Just like the Hexagons. Boards of Canada surrounds us all.
-Melissa Olson

Eagle Minded
I will blow a Hexa-load if it happens tomorrow, but only if it's in MY time zone :)
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:I will blow a Hexa-load if it happens tomorrow, but only if it's in MY time zone :)

Bleep posts on twitter at exactly 12:00am 8/22/22 BST. 7:00pm EST 8/21/22
Featured Album Geogaddi
can't help but mention

Eagle Minded
If that isn't proof that this forum is watched by certain people, i don't know what is.

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Bleep posts on twitter at exactly 12:00am 8/22/22 BST. 7:00pm EST 8/21/22
Featured Album Geogaddi
can't help but mention

For the love of Eris, if I turn out to be right...

3/26
rodox_head wrote:If we go with the concept of TH being the start of a new trilogy of albums, I feel like it would end up mirroring the first. The way TH is constructed like various interrupting radio broadcasts fighting for the same frequency, or cutting in and out from someone turning the dial themselves, would reflect the mixtape-esque structure of MHTRTC, which was based on more positive memories of early childhood.

Geogaddi, whilst aligning with a post 9/11 mostly coincidentally, is almost like a mental collision of ideals where we're constantly deriding ourselves over our own perceptions of good/bad, right/wrong, and real/fake. It's not so much saying we're doomed, but that things can get scary sometimes, and peace is achievable and demonstrated with the last few tracks (and I include FOSATD as the true final track as an epilogue of a sort). Alpha & Omega proposes this idea of being truly in control of our own destiny (for better or worse) before winding down into the more psychedelic and meditative side of the album.

The Campfire Headphase is like a naive, yet not wrong, sense of hope as one grows through adulthood. The pacing of the track list is calm and smooth in comparison to its predecessors. No "Sixtyten"s or "Julie and Candy"s to be found, just the soundscape of enjoying everyday life, but eventually the concept of time catches up with you. Things are changing, slowing down, you start to get a little more depressed over time, and you wonder if this is it as the internal fire starts to fade into mere smoldering embers.

So basically, I'd expect it to be a more Geogaddi approach in the next LP, and if Treat 'em Right is anything to go by, I predict the usage of dark techno, industrial sounds, possibly a heavier emphasis on percussion (the beat was incredibly similar to "Breakbeat Etiquette" by Omni Trio). "Vessel" by NIN would be an example of the kind of sound I'm thinking of. "Year Zero" was essentially NIN's "Tomorrow's Harvest".

Boqurant
I am reminded of an evangelical preacher.

“Prepare ye the way. The second coming (LP5) is eminent!”
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada