GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Anyone else notice that “boardsofcanada.com” now redirects to their Warp page instead of Bleep?
Ooooo, it's pink!

Friendly Stranger
I stand corrected— on my phone it goes to Bleep but for some reason the address directs to Warp on my computer.
Ooooo, it's pink!

New Seed
raybshot wrote:Anyone else notice that “boardsofcanada.com” now redirects to their Warp page instead of Bleep?

long time ago

Sherbet Head
vinir4mos wrote:
raybshot wrote:Anyone else notice that “boardsofcanada.com” now redirects to their Warp page instead of Bleep?

long time ago

Such a long time agooo-o
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:
vinir4mos wrote:

long time ago

Such a long time agooo-o

Societas X Tape was indeed such a long time ago. Anyone feel like it was just yesterday?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
vinir4mos wrote:

long time ago

I had thought so, but for whatever reason my phone refused to pull up the Bleep page when I had been searching. Got ahead of myself
Ooooo, it's pink!

Sherbet Head
Another thing for your consideration: They've mentioned before that Geogaddi took on an entirely different direction after the 9/11 attacks with the original plan being something along the lines of a "submarine journey", is it possible that the covid-19 pandemic has caused a similar re-tooling of the upcoming album as well as possibly an unintentional delay between the SXT and the album? I'm very interested in seeing how the mood of it reflects what's happened throughout those intervening 3 years when it's finally out
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:Another thing for your consideration: They've mentioned before that Geogaddi took on an entirely different direction after the 9/11 attacks with the original plan being something along the lines of a "submarine journey", is it possible that the covid-19 pandemic has caused a similar re-tooling of the upcoming album as well as possibly an unintentional delay between the SXT and the album? I'm very interested in seeing how the mood of it reflects what's happened throughout those intervening 3 years when it's finally out
I have my doubts about how heavily 9/11 actually influenced the album and would guess it probably made something like 10% of a difference to it. The attacks happened only 5 months before it came out after all.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Boqurant
Described in early interviews by Michael Sandison as "[reflecting] a chaotic period in [their] personal lives" (OOR, 2002), the brothers have subsequently admitted that the turmoil of the 9/11 terrorist attacks significantly influenced the tone and direction of Geogaddi. Said Michael Sandison:

"Geogaddi was kind of exorcising demons, and even after we'd set out to do a record like that, smack in the middle of working on it, 9/11 happened. I remember there were a few of us in the studio that day, and we just ended up glued to the TV for the whole day. I think the months after that pushed us into making a darker record, as I'm sure it did with a lot of bands." (Play Louder, 2005)

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Geogaddi

Of the 23 tracks that ended up on the album BoC has said they had 90+ to choose from so I think it's reasonable that it could've been significantly restructured

Dayvan Cowboy
reflex17 wrote:

Of the 23 tracks that ended up on the album BoC has said they had 90+ to choose from so I think it's reasonable that it could've been significantly restructured

Define "Track" when some of the snippets they use are sometimes hodgepodge 10 seconds vignettes
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
HI

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:HI

Hi!

Dayvan Cowboy
reflex17 wrote:
Described in early interviews by Michael Sandison as "[reflecting] a chaotic period in [their] personal lives" (OOR, 2002), the brothers have subsequently admitted that the turmoil of the 9/11 terrorist attacks significantly influenced the tone and direction of Geogaddi. Said Michael Sandison:

"Geogaddi was kind of exorcising demons, and even after we'd set out to do a record like that, smack in the middle of working on it, 9/11 happened. I remember there were a few of us in the studio that day, and we just ended up glued to the TV for the whole day. I think the months after that pushed us into making a darker record, as I'm sure it did with a lot of bands." (Play Louder, 2005)

What I was inferring was that most of the tracks themselves were close to completion as they were. I imagine this is why Julie And Candy ended up sounding the way it did versus the live version. They probably felt it could use a more chaotic sound after the attack happened. They kinda said it themselves that they were already planning on making a darker and more introspective album. I wouldn't be surprised if Geogaddi was mostly droning ambient before 9/11

I guess it's all a moot point by now, though. :|
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
HI

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:HI

Hi my friend. Still planning my expedition into the future so I can burn you guys a bunch of cd-rs and cassette tapes of BOC's new album in 2023-2024. It might make the wait for the new BOC album a bit less painful.

However I hope this doesn't create a time loop where I bring the album back to the past and thus, I will it into existence in the present. But you know what they say: the future inside the present.

I'm also going to make a movie called BOC to the Future which involves my time travel shenanigans
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Anyone in London wanna grab a beer the next day or two?

I know there’s a separate meetup thread but not sure if anyone looks there much

Eagle Minded
egbdf wrote:Anyone in London wanna grab a beer the next day or two?

I know there’s a separate meetup thread but not sure if anyone looks there much

this is wholesome. I drink with you in spirit. H I from NYC

Posts Quantity
It's awful quiet in here

Eagle Minded
preparation for a dive.

Friendly Stranger
Just watching as this forum gets less and less busy… things are definitely starting to wind down. Fingers crossed we’ll have something from them soon that we can all talk about.
Ooooo, it's pink!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada