Deconstructing the artwork of Tomorrow's harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
All right I think the person referred to the "2013 full discog repress" poster, though the comment made it sound like they were talking about TH.

Boqurant
The links to Christianity as far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong)
is directly linked to the Parable of the Wheat & Tares.
(found in Gospel of Matthew, which Jesus/Yeshua gave as a sermon on the mount of Olives).

The Parable of the Vinyard is more a warning to the Monarchy and government of the last day (reinforced by Psalm 94:20)

Also considering a day is 1000 years in terms of the creator (2Peter 3:8)
means that if Saul/Paul of Tarsus was the anti-christ/ teacher of anomia, that would make Harvest literally tomorrow (the next 1000 years since his arrival).
Paul is said to of died around between 64 and 67 AD
That would suggest his reign will not be defeated until 1064 to 1067 in todays terms the battle of Hastings.

2ESDRAS 6:9 gives the reference to the two warring factions on the earth at that time, the decendants of Esau (said to be contained in modern Jewry and the Roman Empire under the Herodian dynasty) and the decendants of Jacob (Esau's twin brother).

Links to Radio/Transmissions...

Considering the first 2 major world wars, the evolution of the worlds military, telecommunications and radio surveillance, RFID, Mobile civilian telecommunications (mobile phones are effectively 2way radios using fixed bandwith and giving location etc) plus the modern use of encryption for personnel in the field (so to speak), is the main technological means of identifying potential targets or tracking specific persons (think back to Jessica and Holly case) it is not hard to see why Radio plays a massive part in world affairs.

Another thing to consider is this:
If you DX you are making use of good conditions relating to microwaves from the sun and longwaves escaping the atmospheric layers to take advantage of optimal conditions for long distance transmissions.
Also since the one time pad still offers 100% encryption for longwave and shortwave is is still the preferred method of private communication anywhere in the world where radio can function, where man habits so will radio.

There are literally 100s of refferences to radio in popular culture, art and music.
From the NATLAB days at Phillips right through to specific references like "Radio gaga" (Queen) alluding to the very "infancy" of the use of radio (and the "someone" who still loves it).

Just my 2 cents

Boqurant
Actually, judging by the original sources, they do actually tie into the main theme of the album:
War: The soldiers, the Patriot Radar system
Death: The kangaroo skeleton, the abandoned bean fields
Energy Crisis and Environmental Decline: The various David Falconer pictures

It's a shame we have to actually find the original images, since most of them don't show the entire thing.
I wait, tense...then disappointed

Boqurant
Matthew 13:36-39 : Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil the harvest is the end of the world and the reapers are the angels.

Boqurant
it's also disheartening that Hexamerous/Matoseb hasn't been on Twoism in a while.
He was a master at finding the image sources.

Boqurant
Bumping this thread.
My brain craves the pointless knowledge related to the full version these images.

Eagle Minded
NineRubberCops wrote:Bumping this thread.
My brain craves the pointless knowledge related to the full version these images.

Same here lol, i only really come back here just to check if this thread has been revived with a new picture source

Eagle Minded
I'd never seen this thread before and just finished it. What a great read.

I've never tried finding image sources like this before but I might take a crack at some of these remaining images later.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
Hoping to breathe some new life into this thread, and I'm going to start looking for the images again.

Pretty sure a majority of the TCH images are family photographs so that would be pretty tricky.

Sherbet Head
Some of TCH photos looked like they were movies (I think I saw a shot from Summer of '72 not highlighted in green but not 100% sure), RubberCops above said that some may be personal/family photos so reminders that we can't always count on an answer.

A lot of Tomorrow's Harvest is definitely in the US! I didn't realize how differently you could tell the landscapes apart but it's rather stark side-to-side. I'm pretty sure the inner 3 panel is two helicopter blades, I think I read someone saying that and just wanted to say I agree, just without proper proof lol.

When I better figure out how to use the reverse image finder I can hopefully be of better help lol. It's a lot easier to be able to tell the difference between the hemispheric landscapes when they're side-by-side.

Boqurant
Biznasty wrote:I'd never seen this thread before and just finished it. What a great read.

I've never tried finding image sources like this before but I might take a crack at some of these remaining images later.

Did you find anything?

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada