Place yer bets for 2023!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
Helios wrote:I just think yes, new album is coming - which was “officially” confirmed by MDG. This is great, but I’m completely over the speculation of *when*, since I don’t think a release date is as hyper-calculated as many suggest. The lining up with significant dates, anniversaries, etc. I just think it’ll be out when it’s done, and that’s it. Unfortunately, we just have no real reason to think it’s imminent other than “it’s been so long.”

This really is it in a nutshell.

My guess, for what it's worth, is that there's an album and a BOCset going to get released in relatively quick succession. That's potentially a lot of vinyl to get printed and what with the shortages etc.
Let's not kid ourselves, the "BoCset" isn't coming. It's been over a decade, the ship has sailed.

We'll see, I'm still optimistic it will happen. Otherwise it would have been very odd to announce they were working on it, no matter how long ago that was. Probably the kind of side project that takes a hell of a lot of consideration and no doubt changed from year to year. They are perfectionists after all.

Sherbet Head
Wildfire wrote:We'll see, I'm still optimistic it will happen. Otherwise it would have been very odd to announce they were working on it, no matter how long ago that was. Probably the kind of side project that takes a hell of a lot of consideration and no doubt changed from year to year. They are perfectionists after all.
That and apparently they're also working on a new album of some kind as well as the whole "being parents" thing. However slow they may be doing it I am at least confident that they're doing something lmao

Sherbet Head wrote:Still not enough, lads. :lol:
If you say so!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
2023 is coming up soon.

I get people's skepticism though. What makes 2023 so special versus other years?

I really do think they'll play the ten year comeback angle. Maybe not the band themselves, but Warp and critics. We've gone through a whole cycle of change from 2013 to 2023. It's now time for the next chapter in the BOC saga.

Though perhaps they'll deliberately avoid any anniversaries simply to prove people predicting stuff wrong.

I could definitely go both ways with this prediction.

Though the only true prediction is that they'll get it done at some point
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
23 is repeated 5 times at the end of Aquarius v3, that's all I got

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:23 is repeated 5 times at the end of Aquarius v3, that's all I got

I was just about to post something like this but you beat me to it lmao :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Yeah the number 23 seems to have a particular significance to the bros, 23 tracks on Geogaddi too but yeah not gonna hold my breath

Eagle Minded
Triple record for our patience? :)
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:Triple record for our patience? :)

I hope we get more than one album too. BOC have only had four albums in 28 years of existance! Gotta fill it out more! We should at least get a hexagonal amount
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogaddi part 2
2023-02-23

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:Triple record for our patience? :)

I hope we get more than one album too. BOC have only had four albums in 28 years of existance! Gotta fill it out more! We should at least get a hexagonal amount

I just meant an album as long as 3CDs or 3xLPs, but i wouldn't mind 3 albums either. :)
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada