GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Hexagon Fox. I wish my mind could come up with this stuff. All I can keep saying is "I hope they release it next year because anniversaries"

I'm basic XD

Thank you for entertaining this forum with these fun theories. If BOC could respond to one fan theory, I hope they pick the stuff you write on here because I have no idea where you get all this fun stuff
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Hexagon Fox. I wish my mind could come up with this stuff. All I can keep saying is "I hope they release it next year because anniversaries"

I'm basic XD

Thank you for entertaining this forum with these fun theories. If BOC could respond to one fan theory, I hope they pick the stuff you write on here because I have no idea where you get all this fun stuff

Hey I really appreciate that. Thank you Echelon!

I do it for fun,
I do it to add to the folklore that they are know for.
And for hopefully new fans who missed out on the past 30 + years, something fun/funny to read.
Look at the "Everything You do Is A Ballon" video and you will see a ton of new views and love in the comment section pouring in from $B's fanbase. (Even though after one listen of $B's new album I had to switch back to J.cole) No hate!!! :lol:

Hopefully the bros don't think I'm a nut case(Probably do haha)
I really respect them
And I hope (unless they are intending this)
That I or no one can guess "when"

Im a realist ... but sometimes ...
sometimes the coincidences are too close to be coincidences.

Its gonna be a long wait.
But like we have seen in the past it will be worth it.
Who knows in two weeks I might have to be posting about how "its 3 months till April, the 25th anniversary of Pioneer 11
And the album that started it all?!?!?!".

Cheers
HexagonFox

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:
Echelon wrote:Hexagon Fox. I wish my mind could come up with this stuff. All I can keep saying is "I hope they release it next year because anniversaries"

I'm basic XD

Hey I really appreciate that. Thank you Echelon!

I do it for fun,
I do it to add to the folklore that they are know for.
And for hopefully new fans who missed out on the past 30 + years, something fun/funny to read.
Look at the "Everything You do Is A Ballon" video and you will see a ton of new views and love in the comment section pouring in from $B's fanbase. (Even though after one listen of $B's new album I had to switch back to J.cole) No hate!!! :lol:

Hopefully the bros don't think I'm a nut case(Probably do haha)
I really respect them
And I hope (unless they are intending this)
That I or no one can guess "when"

Im a realist ... but sometimes ...
sometimes the coincidences are too close to be coincidences.

Its gonna be a long wait.
But like we have seen in the past it will be worth it.
Who knows in two weeks I might have to be posting about how "its 3 months till April, the 25th anniversary of Pioneer 11
And the album that started it all?!?!?!".

Cheers
HexagonFox

In the absense of Boccian lore (which really hit its stride when they started doing interviews and talking about the weirdness of their supposed cult Hexagon Sun and the imagery on their original website) it's nice to have all these connections made by a fan. Considering what BOC tried to establish themselves, I think they appreciate all of your posts.

Even in spite of a lot of failed predictions here from me and everyone else, I still can't wait for the day that we post the Ron Paul gif. And I'm gonna keep feeling that way until it drops!

So keep em coming, my friend.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
For real. I may seem like a bit of a naysayer myself at times but I just really make an effort not to jump to conclusions without evidence.. In saying that I'm all for looking for clues, patterns etc but especially with the recent YouTube comments and videos situation, some of us really were chasing a white rabbit into a rabbit hole which contained nothing but dead rabbits so I'm even more cautious now about this stuff.

In saying that I think there is quite a lack of gratitude, in respect for being grateful for what we have. We have had quite a few gifts from the boys in the last 10 years, a good handful of remixes, a mixtape and not to mention the nearly 4.5 hours of old tunes that technically we shouldn't even have..

I still find myself amazed at hearing new things and developing new connections in tracks I wasn't totally a fan of in the past, in particular Skyliner has gone from being an OK track for me to being my current personal favourite!

I also think there is still so much to discover/uncover in TH, I just wish I had a pc and I would be sifting through those tracks looking for easter eggs. Just imagine it, they say there is more hidden stuff on TH than geogaddi and we have barely scraped the surface! So there easily enough to keep us entertained finding things which we know really are there and really hidden.. So why not spend time on that instead?

I am content with the mountain of amazing music we have, forever grateful and to me, if it takes them another 10 years to perfect whatever they are working on then so be it. I wouldn't expect anything less from them than 6010%!

I previously said I thought 23rd of March 2023 would be my guess at a release date but I'm now thinking any date within the Aquarius starsign 2023

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:For real. I may seem like a bit of a naysayer myself at times but I just really make an effort not to jump to conclusions without evidence.. In saying that I'm all for looking for clues, patterns etc but especially with the recent YouTube comments and videos situation, some of us really were chasing a white rabbit into a rabbit hole which contained nothing but dead rabbits so I'm even more cautious now about this stuff.

In saying that I think there is quite a lack of gratitude, in respect for being grateful for what we have. We have had quite a few gifts from the boys in the last 10 years, a good handful of remixes, a mixtape and not to mention the nearly 4.5 hours of old tunes that technically we shouldn't even have..

I still find myself amazed at hearing new things and developing new connections in tracks I wasn't totally a fan of in the past, in particular Skyliner has gone from being an OK track for me to being my current personal favourite!

I also think there is still so much to discover/uncover in TH, I just wish I had a pc and I would be sifting through those tracks looking for easter eggs. Just imagine it, they say there is more hidden stuff on TH than geogaddi and we have barely scraped the surface! So there easily enough to keep us entertained finding things which we know really are there and really hidden.. So why not spend time on that instead?

I am content with the mountain of amazing music we have, forever grateful and to me, if it takes them another 10 years to perfect whatever they are working on then so be it. I wouldn't expect anything less from them than 6010%!

I previously said I thought 23rd of March 2023 would be my guess at a release date but I'm now thinking any date within the Aquarius starsign 2023

Amen to that! :]

hexagonFox wrote:Fake/Real Twiitter account for Marcus is now following the World Economic Forum page.

Did you screenshot this with a timestamp? Because I don't see it atm. His following is 0.

Sherbet Head
Not sure if this has been specifically mentioned here or not but the band 'The 1975' apparently deleted all their social media accounts and made their Web page blank before dropping their latest album last February.. Reminds me of what's been happening with BoC

Sorry if it's been mentioned already

Maybe a new trend

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:Fake/Real Twiitter account for Marcus is now following the World Economic Forum page.

Did you screenshot this with a timestamp? Because I don't see it atm. His following is 0.

Didn't grab a screenshot cause I figured everyone was tired of hearing me talk about this.

But I can guarantee you that for the better part of yesterday and the days before he was following WEF

You have my word

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:Not sure if this has been specifically mentioned here or not but the band 'The 1975' apparently deleted all their social media accounts and made their Web page blank before dropping their latest album last February.. Reminds me of what's been happening with BoC

Maybe a new trend

I remember Radiohead doing something similar before A Moon Shaped Pool

hexagonFox wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Didn't grab a screenshot cause I figured everyone was tired of hearing me talk about this.

But I can guarantee you that for the better part of yesterday and the days before he was following WEF

You have my word
Pity. If there’s something I learned from all things BoC throughout the years is to always take screenshots and make backups. Archive.org wayback machine always a good idea too.

PS: you figured everyone was tired of it, yet you posted it? Better screenshot it too next time. :-)

Boqurant
When will be held the next WEF meeting/convention?

Posts Quantity
dolochov wrote:When will be held the next WEF meeting/convention?

https://www.weforum.org/events/world-ec ... eting-2023

“Cooperation in a Fragmented World” 16–20 January 2023

Sherbet Head
20th January will be Jupiter's perihelion - it's closest point to the sun in 11.9 years

20th January is also first day of Aquarius starsign (!)

Boqurant
Nothing will happen, but nonetheless let's hope something will happen.

by the way both "Prohibited broadcasting" and "Halide institute" released some new - great - material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JtMRkjUYTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOKqewtmqQ

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Not sure if this has been specifically mentioned here or not but the band 'The 1975' apparently deleted all their social media accounts and made their Web page blank before dropping their latest album last February.. Reminds me of what's been happening with BoC

Maybe a new trend

I remember Radiohead doing something similar before A Moon Shaped Pool

Yeah, most bands nowadays tend to do this. I think it's too predictable of an approach for BoC.

Sherbet Head
Wow never heard of this before, wonder what's the reasoning behind it.. Bit strange

Eagle Minded
The Spaniard wrote:I am shocked that BoC gave permission to $UICIDEBOY$ to use the sample of such an iconic song. The song has such different vibe from what BoC represents or from what they do. I don't know if $UICIDEBOY$ offered a ton of money to Warp and them and decided to sell it or what.

A few years ago I mentioned that I felt that The Bros were somewhat milking the cow by selling t-shirts and re-releases and not offering a new album, just wanting fresh money. I respect that it is their music and can sell the sample to whoever they want, but it is just shocking to me to hear the nice Everything You Do Is A Balloon chopped up and misused or wasted in such a horrendous song by $UICIDEBOY$. It is like going to a Medieval Cathedral in Belgium and painting graffiti on the walls, columns, stained glass, and the Priest applauding and thinking: "Ow, this is going to bring more tourists to my Cathedral".

Anyways, they know better than me why they have sold it and they can do as they please with their tracks, but I feel kind of sad about it!

Es not that big of a deal man. In a perfect world all producers would take from each other with no legal repercussions. Nothing is fundamentally changing because a mediocre trap group sampled a BoC tune.

I eagerly await the day Intellectual Property is no longer taken seriously
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:Wow never heard of this before, wonder what's the reasoning behind it.. Bit strange

Prob just 2 signal fans for a new drop without being super disclosing,, to build more hype while not ruining the mystique. I feel like BoC have been doing this for 9 years( almost 10!) )
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Honestly to me it doesn't even feel like almost 10 years.. I feel like the gap between Headphase and Harvest was much longer for some reason. Strange how time plays tricks on the mind

Dayvan Cowboy
How about the time gap between TCH and LP5? ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada