GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
outhudd wrote:The next album's tracklist, created by OpenAI: https://beta.openai.com/playground

Create a tracklist for the next Boards of Canada album.

1. Sine Language
2. Reach for the Stars
3. Horizon Line
4. Unfolding Horizons
5. Morning Dew
6. A Moment of Clarity
7. Beyond the Trees
8. Seaside Reflection
9. The Edge of Nowhere
10. Northern Lights
11. Into the Unknown
12. Eternal Now

The AI is tired

Boqurant
Every time BOC likes a random guy on twitter just to see twoism loose their shit :
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Boqurant
Y'know, for a second I really thought something was happening.

Turns out BOC is just deleting stuff.

I drank my hard seltzer on the rocks for nothing.

Sherbet Head
I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the bros are working tirelessly to bring us new music and we will have it before we know it, soon we will be discussing the tracks and the artwork and such and I really look forward to it. I like the waiting game personally

bocbocbocboc wrote:Y'know, for a second I really thought something was happening.

I assume your post is sarcasm, but I'll bite anyways: MDG literally told us (via babylulu) a new album is on its way. If that doesn't equal something is happening, what does?

Eagle Minded
bocards of baocanada will release a numew album in 9 seconds marchael told me hah a give it a bit longer sit tight on its way green screen failure
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the bros are working tirelessly to bring us new music and we will have it before we know it, soon we will be discussing the tracks and the artwork and such and I really look forward to it. I like the waiting game personally

If this is finally going to be goodbye, it will be bittersweet. I've been following the BOC community and activity since Societas so it'll be sad having nothing to wait for if they pull a Daft Punk. (Though luckily it'll be a Daft Punk with actual content!)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:Y'know, for a second I really thought something was happening.

I assume your post is sarcasm, but I'll bite anyways: MDG literally told us (via babylulu) a new album is on its way. If that doesn't equal something is happening, what does?
I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.
This goes to show some people will never be happy unless the official Twitter sends out the pre-order link or something similar. But to me, when someone like MDG, their official spokesperson, tells us it is happening, it is happening. And that should be more than reason enough to be happy. He made it official enough by sending that one message to babylulu. I know his worth by now.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.
This goes to show some people will never be happy unless the official Twitter sends out the pre-order link or something similar. But to me, when someone like MDG, their official spokesperson, tells us it is happening, it is happening. And that should be more than reason enough to be happy. He made it official enough by sending that one message to babylulu. I know his worth by now.

Ahem...
rodox_head wrote:since then

Nothing major has actually happened between then and now other than this whole deletion thing.

I never said the album isn't in development and I never doubted MDG's credibility. Just because it's an "official" statement, doesn't necessarily make it "formal"; hell, it wasn't even technically public. With all due respect, please don't put words in my mouth.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the bros are working tirelessly to bring us new music and we will have it before we know it, soon we will be discussing the tracks and the artwork and such and I really look forward to it. I like the waiting game personally

If this is finally going to be goodbye, it will be bittersweet. I've been following the BOC community and activity since Societas so it'll be sad having nothing to wait for if they pull a Daft Punk. (Though luckily it'll be a Daft Punk with actual content!)

I'm almost 100% certain they won't pull a Daft Punk so do not despair my friend!

I remember the same feeling after seeing 'Farewell fire' on the tracklist of Headphase, thinking it was all over!

Yes they have a 5 album contract with warp apparently which will be coming to an end soon but I don't see any reason why they couldn't continue with a new contract with warp, go back to skam, music70 or start their own label. As Marcus said in one interview after TH..

"we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation"

Even MDG said, I think, that just before TH came out they had more than one record in the final stages!

So that definitely gives me hope that they out for the gusto and they gonna keep it raw.

Also the fact that they redesigned and expanded their studio space.. Which sounded apparently quite a mission, before TH tells me that they have long term future music plans.

I'd even hold out hope of seeing them live one day, as they've said in numerous interviews that they are working towards this in some capacity.

I remain eternally hopeful.. I just keep Satellite Icarus and Skyliner on repeat and try not to get too bogged down in Semena Mertvykh vibes.. That's one hell of a dark place..

No.. Keep the light shining in, see those billions of photons penetrating into prisms.. Splitting the light into infinite lines of colourful sevens, bursting with glistening neon fractals and hear those warm analog rainbow arpeggios cascading through the ethereal bocosphere!

rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.

Ahem...

Nothing major has actually happened between then and now other than this whole deletion thing.

I never said the album isn't in development and I never doubted MDG's credibility. Just because it's an "official" statement, doesn't necessarily make it "formal"; hell, it wasn't even technically public. With all due respect, please don't put words in my mouth.
With all due respect, I was talking about some people, like in general. No need to feel offended.

Sherbet Head
rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Ahem...

Back before Headphase we didn't even get any announcements, they just dropped albums and eps out of nowhere. So regardless of whether MDG says somethings coming or not, as I quoted in my last post, the brothers are always working, always making music and have no intention to stop
Last edited by luminousdusk on Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Calm down. The lot of yous. It's Saturday tomorrow. This is one BoC filled reality. Saturday is another one. I for one am going into town and to the library tomorrow, amen.

Take it from me, and have some kip. :wink:

luminousdusk wrote:
rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
rodox_head"]I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.

Ahem...
[quote="rodox_head wrote:since then

Back before Headphase we didn't even get any announcements, they just dropped albums and eps out of nowhere. So regardless of whether MDG says somethings coming or not, as I quoted in my last post, the brothers are always working, always making music and have no intention to stop[/quote]You learn something new everyday. :)

Orbited insanitarium wrote:Calm down. The lot of yous. It's Saturday tomorrow. This is one BoC filled reality. Saturday is another one. I for one am going into town and to the library tomorrow, amen.

Take it from me, and have some kip. :wink:
It’s already Saturday over here. :-/

Sherbet Head
I mean sure for geogaddi there was certainly a little bit of promotion but there was certainly no forums where a HexSun official would tell you an album is on its way, so I appreciate MDG for that, he didn't have to tell us anything at all but he did, literally just to give some twoism fans some hope. Thanks MDG!

Sherbet Head
Yes you the man MDG, hope you know that. Thank you friend.

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:
Echelon wrote:

I'm almost 100% certain they won't pull a Daft Punk so do not despair my friend!

I remember the same feeling after seeing 'Farewell fire' on the tracklist of Headphase, thinking it was all over!

Yes they have a 5 album contract with warp apparently which will be coming to an end soon but I don't see any reason why they couldn't continue with a new contract with warp, go back to skam, music70 or start their own label. As Marcus said in one interview after TH..

"we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation"

Even MDG said, I think, that just before TH came out they had more than one record in the final stages!

So that definitely gives me hope that they out for the gusto and they gonna keep it raw.

Also the fact that they redesigned and expanded their studio space.. Which sounded apparently quite a mission, before TH tells me that they have long term future music plans.

I'd even hold out hope of seeing them live one day, as they've said in numerous interviews that they are working towards this in some capacity.

I remain eternally hopeful.. I just keep Satellite Icarus and Skyliner on repeat and try not to get too bogged down in Semena Mertvykh vibes.. That's one hell of a dark place..

No.. Keep the light shining in, see those billions of photons penetrating into prisms.. Splitting the light into infinite lines of colourful sevens, bursting with glistening neon fractals and hear those warm analog rainbow arpeggios cascading through the ethereal bocosphere!

Nice to hear some positivity on here! I was like this until life happened, but at least now I know how Mike's depression feels like.

Still, I think that BOC are too awesome to truly Daft Punk their fanbase. As much as I like the Frenchmen, it is odd how they were together for nearly 8 years before dropping out. Makes me wonder what happened. Hopefully nothing bad, but that's one of the instances where I wish someone knew and could explain it. I still trust the scots more than the bots though! :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
MDG hasn't mentioned anything regarding the new album being released soon publicly. I think that if he was certain he would have said it publicly instead of privately to babylulu, or he would have notified @Fredd-E privately. Maybe what he meant by his PM to babylulu is that they are working on a new album and at some point it will be released. Maybe he has PMed the same message to other members in the past and they never disclosed this information.

One possibility is that he didn't want this to be leaked, but why would he tell babylulu and risk it in any case?
Another possibility is that he wanted this to be leaked, but why would he tell babylulu and assume they would leak it?
Has he contacted other users and they never shared they were told the album was going to be released soon?

As much as I want them to release a new LP, I believe that MDG would have been more open or vocal if he really believed an album would be coming soon or in 2023, but I don't know.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada