GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
mdg logged in again yesterday night.

Dayvan Cowboy
dolochov wrote:mdg logged in again yesterday night.

I'm always reminded of this when it happens.

2020k wrote:MDG lurks from time to time in between albums.

I've practically been here a decade and can count a few million times I've seen his name online, but no post and no news.

And more from the same post by 2020k speaking on speculation more generally.

The updates on their various accounts are real (because we see them) and very exciting (because it's been soooo long since Tomorrow's Harvest, so any update is wonderful to see), but pressing the update this far is a bit excessive.

Throughout my time here the only time news has come about is if Warp releases a press release, an actual release, and half the time the news finds its way here days after something has happened via a user who stumbles upon it anyhow (RE: ARG starting with users finding RSD releases, not via MDG, Warp, or Boards).

I'm actually surprised the RSD release was bought on RSD and not a few days after. However, the lore goes that Warp gave instructions to one of the clerks to "sell this," and so it was sold to the first person that walked through the door or something, right? So it was marketed from Warp to start right away.

Warp. Something from Warp is when we should generally get excited. They just announced an Autechre release so they have their hands full with that right now. Also, in my experience over the last decade, Warp doesn't typically release two heavy hitters within a close timeframe. Aphex Twin's Syro marketing campaign started a year after BOC's Tomorrow's Harvest campaign. Could that change? Yep. Warp's evolved over the last five years or so, so who knows..

I'll garner that most times he is online, it's for private messages. Be it receiving any from either a user or moderator, to initiating conversations on issues usually of importance to him. It's Mixed bizness/Mixed bag what'cha gonna get. :)

Boqurant
What happened to that post on Reddit about the signed Twoism vinyl? I saw that the other day, but i think it was deleted. There was also a post on the Bocpages Instagram (not anymore).

DW wrote:What happened to that post on Reddit about the signed Twoism vinyl? I saw that the other day, but i think it was deleted. There was also a post on the Bocpages Instagram (not anymore).

It has been removed because it had unmasked contact information.

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:
DW wrote:What happened to that post on Reddit about the signed Twoism vinyl? I saw that the other day, but i think it was deleted. There was also a post on the Bocpages Instagram (not anymore).

That's understandable.

I wish I had saved that, only because of the cute flute logo.

DW wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

That's understandable.

I wish I had saved that, only because of the cute flute logo.

(saved from the old boc website)

Friendly Stranger
Fredd-E wrote:Image
(saved from the old boc website)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oohf_4mqM6k

Dayvan Cowboy
It sure was nice of Daft Punk to acknowledge their decade old classic from 2013 with a tenth anniversary deluxe release (with two unheard songs and some alternate takes of tracks from the album). I hope a certain pair of folk robots take that hint too ;)

If not a deluxe edition of Tomorrow's Harvest, than maybe a follow-up!

Though I gotta admit, we probably won't get anything as blatant as what DP are doing now. They're definitely in cash grab mode. (Which I don't mind, a former elusive act throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the starving fans!)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:It sure was nice of Daft Punk to acknowledge their decade old classic from 2013 with a tenth anniversary deluxe release (with two unheard songs and some alternate takes of tracks from the album). I hope a certain pair of folk robots take that hint too ;)

Though I gotta admit, we probably won't get anything as blatant as what DP are doing now. They're definitely in cash grab mode. (Which I don't mind, a former elusive act throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the starving fans!)

Who knew that the robots now classed as de-activated would have such an extended warranty! :lol:
I was eight when RAM came out... Eight?! Feels like a lifetime ago.

I'll be interested to hear 'Infinity Repeating' and 'Prime'. I bet Bangalter and Homem-Christo will have tons of juicy analog synth takes from those sessions (an alternative version of Giorgio by Moroder would've been nice to see with all that Modular sequencing as stems.)

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Echelon wrote:It sure was nice of Daft Punk to acknowledge their decade old classic from 2013 with a tenth anniversary deluxe release (with two unheard songs and some alternate takes of tracks from the album). I hope a certain pair of folk robots take that hint too ;)

Who knew that the robots now classed as de-activated would have such an extended warranty! :lol:
I was eight when RAM came out... Eight?! Feels like a lifetime ago.

I'll be interested to hear 'Infinity Repeating' and 'Prime'. I bet Bangalter and Homem-Christo will have tons of juicy analog synth takes from those sessions (an alternative version of Giorgio by Moroder would've been nice to see with all that Modular sequencing as stems.)

I can't wait to hear Prime and Infinity Repeating. It's the equivalent of getting to hear outtakes from the TH sessions. That album was such a ride like Tomorrow's Harvest, though in a different way.

Funny how the bots are more active now that they're retired. They must really need some cash now! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a reunion at some point too ;)

Dayvan Cowboy
I strongly believe that not only will we not get a 10th anniversary edition of TH, but that BOC will never issue a deluxe edition of an album with more material, for the simple reason that they don't seem to put out an album unless it's exactly what they wanted it to be.

Sherbet Head
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I strongly believe that not only will we not get a 10th anniversary edition of TH, but that BOC will never issue a deluxe edition of an album with more material, for the simple reason that they don't seem to put out an album unless it's exactly what they wanted it to be.

They've said themselves that they're perfectionists :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I strongly believe that not only will we not get a 10th anniversary edition of TH, but that BOC will never issue a deluxe edition of an album with more material, for the simple reason that they don't seem to put out an album unless it's exactly what they wanted it to be.

No I agree and I said as such. It's just wishful thinking. There will be no millenium greatest hits collection of BOC.

That said, if they were to ever offer a special edition of TH I'd buy it haha

Dayvan Cowboy
No new BOC
No future, they must hope we hop onto some different bandwagon to ease their Gemini fear of the monster they created

Perhaps they just want to be Marcus and Michael and buy margarine and celebrate secretly the monarchy.

As Nevermore said:

Alienate me, learn to hate me
Crucify your ideals the flesh is the swine
We are the last ones and we're bleeding
For an unseen god!

Peace out
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Don’t be so serious

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Do it again, I wasn't looking!
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Magrathea wrote:No new BOC

Yet

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:No I agree and I said as such. It's just wishful thinking. There will be no millenium greatest hits collection of BOC.

That said, if they were to ever offer a special edition of TH I'd buy it haha

Oh absolutely

I want a studio release of whatever the track was that accompanied their SAY award thank you video

I'd throw money at them for it

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada