GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
PICs insta reel sounds eerily familiar

Posts Quantity
Twentington wrote:PICs insta reel sounds eerily familiar

It's 100% pitch perfect with the circle sample from hooper bay, much much clearer, it almost sounds like it could be raw audio from the video but then the chiming gets drenched in reverb, I could just be desperate but suspect it's a massive tease

https://instagram.com/stories/peteriain ... JmNzVkMjY=

Sherbet Head
What's going on guys? Got a link? Not on insta.. My problem not yours I know..

Edit: Thanks for the link lol

Damn Instagram, can't view without signing up

Eagle Minded
Twentington wrote:
Twentington wrote:PICs insta reel sounds eerily familiar

It's 100% pitch perfect with the circle sample from hooper bay, much much clearer, it almost sounds like it could be raw audio from the video but then the chiming gets drenched in reverb, I could just be desperate but suspect it's a massive tease

https://instagram.com/stories/peteriain ... JmNzVkMjY=

I have a feeling its just natural audio, but i reached out to pic about it just in case. will let u know if i (ever) get a response :p
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Posts Quantity
That chime is definitely drenched in reverb, it's dry on the first hit then increases on the second two, the video is also edited to be glitchy at the start

Eagle Minded
i still dont really hear the exact circle audio in there, could just be promo for a new photography series he has goin on

Sherbet Head
Any chance anyone is able to save it or screen record it or something?

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head
I'm not hearing circle here at all.. But it does some very familiar - like the first track of that EP by 3.33

Does anyone remember that EP? It had an owl on the cover, the cover was black and red. I had it years ago and lost it and have never found it since. I'm pretty sure I heard about it here or somewhere else boc related. It had a very dark industrial type sound to it

Dayvan Cowboy
It's definitely not the same track as the Circle excerpt on the old EHX site. No reason to think it's anything other than a spooky ambient track from another artist.

Friendly Stranger
luminousdusk wrote:I'm not hearing circle here at all.. But it does some very familiar - like the first track of that EP by 3.33

Does anyone remember that EP? It had an owl on the cover, the cover was black and red. I had it years ago and lost it and have never found it since. I'm pretty sure I heard about it here or somewhere else boc related. It had a very dark industrial type sound to it

Is this the track you mean?

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Tascam_Cowboy wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:I'm not hearing circle here at all.. But it does some very familiar - like the first track of that EP by 3.33

Is this the track you mean?

phpBB [media]

Yes this is it! Thanks!

I feel a bit stupid for not finding it on YouTube but to be honest I was just always looking for a black and red cover with the owl.

Is that your channel? How did you first come across this EP? Because I can't remember how I came across it.

Shame I can only seem to see 2 tracks.

Not sure why but to thought there was a bell tolling at the beginning of this track.. Memories are strange.

Eagle Minded
hopefully they're doing *something* for mhtrtc's 25th this year

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Those are the thumbnails for the fanmade music videos for Roygbiv and Poppy Seed Reprise (titled "The Child's Prison" IIRC) Respectively. What they're doing there of all places I don't have an explanation for.

Hope it's not just messed up code. And if it is, then that doesn't diminish hope any less.

Anyone else notice that Geogaddi's got 23 tracks? :)

Mini update if anyone was interested; it was definitely broken Youtube code. I tried this out with a completely different playlist and got an image. Just wanted to get that out there so no one got the wrong idea.

Have hope, friends! The playlists were still updated really recently (even if no noticeable change). Perhaps our friends are beginning to stir?

Boqurant
luminousdusk wrote: I was just always looking for a black and red cover with the owl.

Huh. That owl on 3:33's discogs is similar to the one on the newcleardawn website. The feet are a bit different though.

Friendly Stranger
luminousdusk wrote:

Yes this is it! Thanks!

I feel a bit stupid for not finding it on YouTube but to be honest I was just always looking for a black and red cover with the owl.

Is that your channel? How did you first come across this EP? Because I can't remember how I came across it.

Shame I can only seem to see 2 tracks.

Not sure why but to thought there was a bell tolling at the beginning of this track.. Memories are strange.

No I’d never heard of it til you mentioned it but was intrigued and went looking. There are a surprising number of artists called 3.33

Sherbet Head
Tascam_Cowboy wrote:No I’d never heard of it til you mentioned it but was intrigued and went looking. There are a surprising number of artists called 3.33

So theres me looking on and off for at least 3 years, Then I give a vague description and you nail it first try lol

And yes quite a few artists named 3.33, Makes it rather difficult to find the right one.. Except in your case

belchmaster wrote:Huh. That owl on 3:33's discogs is similar to the one on the newcleardawn website. The feet are a bit different though.

Yeah your right! Definite Minerva vibes going on, I'm sure the newcleardawn site led me down an owl shaped rabbit hole and then I found this 3.33 shaped rabbit

I haven't dug around deep enough to find it yet but I swear the intro track to the EP has wind whistling with a bell tolling in the distance, Really sets up for that murdered-out sound

steeldancer-x wrote:Perhaps our friends are beginning to stir?

Perhaps so, Just keep posting anything odd you come across, Never know who's gonna stumble on a clue!

Edit.. Just so happened to post this at 23.33. Its not a coincidence.. The power of 3.33 is real

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:hopefully they're doing *something* for mhtrtc's 25th this year

I want to BOClieve they will. But I dunno. I think that this album is simply gonna happen at a random date.

But I do want my Chinese DemBOCracy at some point. Surely they won't go over 10 years, will they?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Another instagram story posted today by PIC, sounds interesting

https://streamable.com/4drufa

Boqurant
That’s some nice music. Would be interested in finding out what it is even if it isn’t BOC

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada