GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Somebody make an AI boc album already

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Somebody make an AI boc album already

I hope when the song titles are announced someone does this in homage to those fake Headphase albums back in 2005.

BOC have already started that the second half of TH is less human so it fits!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
μasch wrote:
rodox_head wrote:boards of canada

more like bored of canada right now

phpBB [media]
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Friendly Stranger
Funnily enough that deadmau5 song was my first exposure to Boards as a wee child, always thought it was a sweet tune. It was just a few years ago I discovered them for real and it all made sense =}
nothing is real

Sherbet Head
hyenaedon wrote:Funnily enough that deadmau5 song was my first exposure to Boards as a wee child, always thought it was a sweet tune. It was just a few years ago I discovered them for real and it all made sense =}

Haha that is awesome! :D
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Posts Quantity
Somebody posted this on the box Facebook page

https://archive.org/details/BoardsOfCan ... ranceParis

Theres a track near the end which I haven't heard but most definitely seems to be BOC, anyone heard this before and know what it is?

Also does anybody speak French who can tell me more about it?

Edit: there's two actually, I've never heard of this radio session, can anyone shine a light

Posts Quantity
Twentington wrote:Somebody posted this on the boc Facebook page

Theres a track near the end which I haven't heard but most definitely seems to be BOC, anyone heard this before and know what it is?

Edit: there's two actually, I've never heard of this radio session, can anyone shine a light

the track in question appears to be a boc remix called dirty great marble, I've genuinely never heard this, today was a good day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwh4Yv41U24

Friendly Stranger
Kamiki wrote:
This track is by Cult48, called Agfa Qi from their album Underground Signals From An Unknown Place last year. It’s awesome!!

Thank you. That one almost wasn't on the album.

Dayvan Cowboy
Can someone share a link?

Happy Cycler
Twentington wrote:
Twentington wrote:Somebody posted this on the boc Facebook page

the track in question appears to be a boc remix called dirty great marble, I've genuinely never heard this, today was a good day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwh4Yv41U24

?!?!

Ah, to be a young BoC fan again...

Dayvan Cowboy
One of Animal Collective's main guys, Avey Tare wrote and recorded an awesome album in 2020-2021 and the album came out in February 2023.

BOC supposedly finished the album in 2020-2021 (if we are to guess that's what I Feel Good and Pioneers plaque are meant to represent) and MDG said it's "On its way" in July 2022 which means its greenlit. Some have speculated it takes a year to get everything squared away and ready to go. So June/July announcement this year?

Maybe one more remix stopgap too?

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:One of Animal Collective's main guys, Avey Tare wrote and recorded an awesome album in 2020-2021 and the album came out in February 2023.

BOC supposedly finished the album in 2020-2021 (if we are to guess that's what I Feel Good and Pioneers plaque are meant to represent) and MDG said it's "On its way" in July 2022 which means its greenlit. Some have speculated it takes a year to get everything squared away and ready to go. So June/July announcement this year?

Has to be. I can't think of any other reason for a hold up. My sights are set for June/July.

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:
Echelon wrote:One of Animal Collective's main guys, Avey Tare wrote and recorded an awesome album in 2020-2021 and the album came out in February 2023.

Has to be. I can't think of any other reason for a hold up. My sights are set for June/July.

Also the Avey album came out in physical media form at the same time as digital. BoC probably want to get the vinyl and CD out at the same time. I've noticed artists either release digital and wait months for the physical or manage to get everything out all at once.

BOC are clearly the full package people and carefully craft all the artwork to make purchasing a physical item worthwhile.

Sherbet Head
I honestly don't think BOC will release any of there old missing albums until they pass away. I have a hunch BOC want to purposefully create a sort of mythos of sorts, a legend if you will. To keep people constantly talking BOC and thus keeping demand for more BOC content high.

Let me put this into perspective. Wouldn't be extremely boring if the lost albums were to just be released lets sayyy sometime this year? I mean sure at first everyone will be all excited, but then in time the whole mythos of "what could possibly be on there lost albums" would die down all together. And places like the forum and the BOC subreddit will suddenly lose a good chunk of activity in relation to discussing said lost albums. Wouldn't in a way feel somewhat sad, to no longer have the ability to imagine what those 5 lost albums would sound like according to anyone's imagination.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe, maybe not
Imagine all the possibilities
2023-06-23

Posts Quantity
I'm somewhat skeptical about the whole boxset idea. On one hand, it would be cool to have those early albums released and presented in a more polished and cleaner format, but at the same time we know that it's been regarded as a "low-priority issue", so if it is coming out at some point it's gonna be a long, long while before we see anything. Imo, I think it was just a way to shut people up after OT leaked.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Flory wrote:I honestly don't think BOC will release any of there old missing albums until they pass away. I have a hunch BOC want to purposefully create a sort of mythos of sorts, a legend if you will. To keep people constantly talking BOC and thus keeping demand for more BOC content high.

Let me put this into perspective. Wouldn't be extremely boring if the lost albums were to just be released lets sayyy sometime this year? I mean sure at first everyone will be all excited, but then in time the whole mythos of "what could possibly be on there lost albums" would die down all together. And places like the forum and the BOC subreddit will suddenly lose a good chunk of activity in relation to discussing said lost albums. Wouldn't in a way feel somewhat sad, to no longer have the ability to imagine what those 5 lost albums would sound like according to anyone's imagination.

You miss the middle road here. What if they release some sort of “Some Ancient Tracks” 2LP comprised of new old music with song titles we haven’t seen before anywhere + LP5. This way we will have old music from their early days + the contemporary new LP + the mythos you speak of, the pre Twoism stuff like Acid Memories and the likes, will still remain alive. This would be a triple win, right?

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:I'm somewhat skeptical about the whole boxset idea. On one hand, it would be cool to have those early albums released and presented in a more polished and cleaner format, but at the same time we know that it's been regarded as a "low-priority issue", so if it is coming out at some point it's gonna be a long, long while before we see anything. Imo, I think it was just a way to shut people up after OT leaked.

:O
So OT leak was not suppose to happen?
When it happened?
Who did it?

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:
qukk_ wrote:I'm somewhat skeptical about the whole boxset idea. On one hand, it would be cool to have those early albums released and presented in a more polished and cleaner format, but at the same time we know that it's been regarded as a "low-priority issue", so if it is coming out at some point it's gonna be a long, long while before we see anything. Imo, I think it was just a way to shut people up after OT leaked.

:O
So OT leak was not suppose to happen?
When it happened?
Who did it?

Are you implying that it was meant to be released?
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada