GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Only time will tell.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
phpBB [media]

I watched this and my sentiments exactly. It took me a long time to realize this, but while I'm always hopeful for special days (MHTRTC's 25th for instance) I know BOC aren't beholden to any date. They're unpredictable.

I do believe in the multiple projects and two albums theory. In the wake of Plus and Sign, and a trilogy that needs completing, how do we not know there isn't gonna be multiple BOC albums released at some point?

But in the end, just give it a bit longer :) all we can do
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I also wanted to ask: is this account real? https://twitter.com/MikeSandison

It has @boctransmission linked but I'm skeptical about it.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
phpBB [media]

Whoever made the vid--many of us have been here since high school and are 40 now, and have only seen one album released. Call me crazy, but I think that's the definition of patience.

Eagle Minded
qukk_ wrote:I also wanted to ask: is this account real? https://twitter.com/MikeSandison

It has @boctransmission linked but I'm skeptical about it.

Yes it's real. the @marcuseoin account is still unconfirmed but it's highly likely that it's also real.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
zeitgeist wrote:
demo wrote:
phpBB [media]

Whoever made the vid--many of us have been here since high school and are 40 now, and have only seen one album released. Call me crazy, but I think that's the definition of patience.

I mean.. you're on page 1068 of a speculation forum dedicated to their next release, that doesn't scream patience to me :D
It's not a bad thing, I don't mind that people want to come up with crazy theories and constantly check on a weekly/daily basis to see if the bros have dropped any nuggets, it seems to be some kind of a mix between patience and impatience in this community, I think I just wanted to explore those feelings in this video (although most of it was spent just speculating on what projects they could be working on).

Dayvan Cowboy
So two more albums, good

Dayvan Cowboy
:D

Eagle Minded
1068 is divisible by 6, we are on the right track

demo wrote:I mean.. you're on page 1068 of a speculation forum dedicated to their next release, that doesn't scream patience to me :D

In the topic's defense, it was created ages ago on October 14th, 2010. :D

1068 pages in 150 months = about 7 pages per month on average
or
1068 pages in 652 weeks = 1,6 pages per week on average

Does this still fall under the threshold of patience?

demo wrote:
phpBB [media]

I posted this as a comment on your video, but I thought that I would throw it here as well:

I don’t disagree with a lot of this, but missing here is the theory that at least one of them has children at this point. They mentioned spending a lot of time cataloging their music because of this in an interview during the TH era. Part of me wonders if BOC, idk, got lives (for lack of a better term) and so they aren’t able to dedicate as much time to the studio, which is why this next one has taken such a long time. They’re perfectionists, work hard, and it’ll take as long as it takes, which obviously will take longer when they have other life priorities. I can only imagine how tedious of a task it would be to do something like clear samples or even finding samples, let alone everything else they do while being a Dad and/or Uncle and such.

Fans sometimes forget that the artists they follow are human beings with human obligations, especially as they do things like start families and especially when they are in art & business together as brothers. There are a lot of interpersonal dynamics that go into Boards of Canada that the fans don't necessarily see because of their public mystique.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:
demo wrote:
phpBB [media]

I posted this as a comment on your video, but I thought that I would throw it here as well:

I don’t disagree with a lot of this, but missing here is the theory that at least one of them has children at this point. They mentioned spending a lot of time cataloging their music because of this in an interview during the TH era. Part of me wonders if BOC, idk, got lives (for lack of a better term) and so they aren’t able to dedicate as much time to the studio, which is why this next one has taken such a long time. They’re perfectionists, work hard, and it’ll take as long as it takes, which obviously will take longer when they have other life priorities. I can only imagine how tedious of a task it would be to do something like clear samples or even finding samples, let alone everything else they do while being a Dad and/or Uncle and such.

Fans sometimes forget that the artists they follow are human beings with human obligations, especially as they do things like start families and especially when they are in art & business together as brothers. There are a lot of interpersonal dynamics that go into Boards of Canada that the fans don't necessarily see because of their public mystique.

If I'm to be a devil's advocate here. I don't know if Autechre and Plaid have families too but they do put out albums regularly.

That said, family obligations + legendary status to live up is one hell of a burden.

I think that is why I really like Demo (and other's) theory they're working on multiple projects so they can close the gap between releases.

I definitely long for a second heyday for BOC a la 1995-2006 with Tomorrow's Harvest as an island in the middle.

Dayvan Cowboy
The longer the wait, the louder the silence. Expectations are getting higher and higher.
I like both tho , Autechre who can make AMA with their fans for 48h

and BOC

I believe they just trolling, there is music to release right now, old tunes for example.

:)

Posts Quantity
As talented as they are, I wouldn't be shocked if BC have their own jobs or business and spend most of their time working on it somewhere in Edinburgh. Maybe they are putting their energies into their businesses and families and don't have much time for anything else? They are so talented that it wouldn't surprise me! Hopefully this is not a Farewell...

The Spaniard wrote:Hopefully this is not a Farewell..
Tell me, in what alternate reality does “an album is on its way” (being said by MDG) imply their farewell? Sometimes I’m really puzzled.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
Tell me, in what alternate reality does “an album is on its way” (being said by MDG) imply their farewell? Sometimes I’m really puzzled.

Oh, I didn't know that MDG himself had announced it. I thought it was someone claiming that MDG had PMed him/her.

The Spaniard wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that MDG himself had announced it. I thought it was someone claiming that MDG had PMed him/her.

Ugh. Yes babylulu received a message from MDG end of June 2022. He created a screenshot and a video capture of it. Yes it’s true. Yes I edited this on https://bocpages.org/wiki/MDG and this isn’t something I do lightly.

Dayvan Cowboy
PIC confirmed it too back in 2019. Still got the receipts.

Pretty safe to say there's some big epic project in the works when BOTH hexagon sun dudes confirm it

Echelon wrote:PIC confirmed it too back in 2019. Still got the receipts.

Pretty safe to say there's some big epic project in the works when BOTH hexagon sun dudes confirm it

Exactly! What they have confirmed remains to be seen, but we know it is not yet their downfall.

Dayvan Cowboy
If you want something to get excited over, this week is the 25th anniversary of MHTRTC.

Not only that, but no releases planned at Warp for April, the anniversary is on a Thursday and Friday is the drop day for new releases.

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a surprise announcement on Thursday for a Friday release of something?

I'm probably up shit's creek as usual, but hey, it's always better to be hopeful I feel. :)

Probably just a tweet but hey, their accounts haven't been active either

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada