GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
i’m really holding out hope there’ll be some compendium with studio outtakes from each album session. to be able to hear the studio version of Warp-08 and Spiro would be such a delight

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:If you want something to get excited over, this week is the 25th anniversary of MHTRTC.

I've never much been excited by music anniversaries in general, but as it is Music's hawaii 2-5, I'll gie it a celebratory listen. Haven't given a thorough spin in ages, can't remember when last. :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Echelon wrote:If you want something to get excited over, this week is the 25th anniversary of MHTRTC.

I've never much been excited by music anniversaries in general, but as it is Music's hawaii 2-5, I'll gie it a celebratory listen. Haven't given a thorough spin in ages, can't remember when last. :shock:

Yeah it's probably nothing. Sadly it's the only thing I have to go off of. I even checked the BOC twatter and it hasn't liked or reposted anything since last year.

The calm before the storm or the calm before the calm?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I know someone who "has the shine" but knows nothing about BOC (much less NEW RELEASE SPECULATION). I was thinking of you guys a while back (actually May of last year), and so I asked them what they saw about the great unknowable future. They said they saw something definitely coming in 1-2 years. Of course I then asked whether it was new vs old stuff, and all I got was "maybe" new. So there ya go, the ether agrees.

Dayvan Cowboy
The only recording of new BOC music is stored into SpaceX Starship...

Send thoughts and prayers :D :D
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:They're done, it's simple.

I don't know if they are susceptible to reverse psychology?

Ha, you got me.

Funny to see my comment in that YT vid.

I do think something will come but Honestly, I just can't imagine opening up twoism one day to new news, who will post it first, what will the news be? etc etc
Just seems far fetched in my mind because it's just become the norm to check in and see the same names posting the same words
(nothing wrong with that of course, you do you ;) )
You could feel the bullshit

Geogandhi wrote:I do think something will come but Honestly, I just can't imagine opening up twoism one day to new news, who will post it first, what will the news be? etc etc
Just seems far fetched in my mind because it's just become the norm to check in and see the same names posting the same words

What we know for sure is that there will be a new album, but indeed we do not know exactly what it will be or when it will be announced. But I am firmly convinced that it will again be unmistakably Boards of Canada from the first note and will not resemble any fake we have heard in recent years.

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Just seems far fetched in my mind because it's just become the norm to check in and see the same names posting the same words

You could always have a little gander. :D
These are different words from different faces, and I do sometimes prefer em.
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:Just seems far fetched in my mind because it's just become the norm to check in and see the same names posting the same words

You could always have a little gander. :D
These are different words from different faces, and I do sometimes prefer em.
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Some people are mainly/only here for BoC content I think. And they want to see fresh new words/faces/ideas/topics/... in the BoC section. So for now it's a bit bleak for them indeed.

Eagle Minded
Did anyone else get an email from bandcamp this morning, at 7:45. It says good morning Boards of Canada just made there whole discography 25% off for 44.25 GBP for all of their digital releases?

hexagonFox wrote:Did anyone else get an email from bandcamp this morning, at 7:45. It says good morning Boards of Canada just made there whole discography 25% off for 44.25 GBP for all of their digital releases?

Yes. Probably related to MHTRTC 25 anniversary later this week. Would be fun if they decided to correspond the reduction % to the years.

Eagle Minded
They've also changed their profile picture on bandcamp.

Looks like they removed it somewhere between 2022-12-04 and 2023-02-13, and no one noticed its been missing until today, when they added this one they have now.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:They've also changed their profile picture on bandcamp.

Looks like they removed it somewhere between 2022-12-04 and 2023-02-13, and no one noticed its been missing until today, when they added this one they have now.

Maddening.

How old do you suppose that new picture is? 2008ish?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:Did anyone else get an email from bandcamp this morning, at 7:45. It says good morning Boards of Canada just made there whole discography 25% off for 44.25 GBP for all of their digital releases?

Yes. Probably related to MHTRTC 25 anniversary later this week. Would be fun if they decided to correspond the reduction % to the years.

I'm happy they did something new. Let's hope there's more to come.

Would it be too much to ask for new content for this 25th anniversary? :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Biznasty wrote:Looks like they removed it somewhere between 2022-12-04 and 2023-02-13, and no one noticed its been missing until today, when they added this one they have now.

Can you completely remove the profile pic in a bc artist account? It could maybe just be the archive that's acting up.

Friendly Stranger
belchmaster wrote:
Biznasty wrote:Looks like they removed it somewhere between 2022-12-04 and 2023-02-13, and no one noticed its been missing until today, when they added this one they have now.

Can you completely remove the profile pic in a bc artist account? It could maybe just be the archive that's acting up.

yes, you can have it so there's no profile image.

Sherbet Head

Posts Quantity
Anyone else looking forward to a lonely retweet from Warp tomorrow?

Dayvan Cowboy
Tomorrow is 4/20, launch of SpaceX Starship, which, as I revealed earlier, has the only copy of all the new album.
Coincidence? I think NOT!

Seriously, this wait is an exercise in futility.

[Goes out to enjoy some daffodils]
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Sherbet Head
I have seen into the future, and it looks like this:
Spoiler: show
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada