GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I don’t know

Posts Quantity
I'm just curious about why the idea of the boxset was ever laid on the table in the first place. If those early albums were meant only for their close friends and family, why plan to release them?
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Sherbet Head
qukk_ wrote:I'm just curious about why the idea of the boxset was ever laid on the table in the first place. If those early albums were meant only for their close friends and family, why plan to release them?

BoC works in mysterious ways lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
something fairly relevant @8:46 into this episode, Danny talks about how he doesn't know what's going on with Warp records, that he handed in an album to them 2 years ago and doesn't know what the hold up is.. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWEn38TkIjg&ab_channel=YMHStudios
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
That's encouraging.... but I also have a hard time seeing WARP make them wait in line.

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:something fairly relevant @8:46 into this episode, Danny talks about how he doesn't know what's going on with Warp records, that he handed in an album to them 2 years ago and doesn't know what the hold up is.. Check it out:

BOC technically handed them a new album at some point before or around July 2022. We know that at least. If Danny Brown's been waiting two years, his will probably be out first and then maybe BOC's in the summer/autumn time.

We just have to think of all the preparation they go through. A BOC album is a big event. In the indie world, they're only rivaled by Aphex and Radiohead.

When Aphex released Syro, he cheekily put all the costs for his comeback album on the cover so we can probably use that as a blueprint.

I honestly feel BOC stopped being a 'regular band' after 2006 and ascended into a mythical status due to their disappearance from 2007-2013. And ironically, they've only inflated their legend more by being gone for 10 more years! I don't think they did it intentionally, but they definitely have a high order of living up to their previous output so I think they probably needed a lot of time.

I sure hope the drought will end soon :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:something fairly relevant @8:46 into this episode, Danny talks about how he doesn't know what's going on with Warp records, that he handed in an album to them 2 years ago and doesn't know what the hold up is.. Check it out:

BOC technically handed them a new album at some point before or around July 2022. We know that at least. If Danny Brown's been waiting two years, his will probably be out first and then maybe BOC's in the summer/autumn time.

We just have to think of all the preparation they go through. A BOC album is a big event. In the indie world, they're only rivaled by Aphex and Radiohead.

When Aphex released Syro, he cheekily put all the costs for his comeback album on the cover so we can probably use that as a blueprint.

I honestly feel BOC stopped being a 'regular band' after 2006 and ascended into a mythical status due to their disappearance from 2007-2013. And ironically, they've only inflated their legend more by being gone for 10 more years! I don't think they did it intentionally, but they definitely have a high order of living up to their previous output so I think they probably needed a lot of time.

I sure hope the drought will end soon :)

They technically handed them a new album around July 2022? Eh?

Helios wrote:They technically handed them a new album around July 2022? Eh?

It's around the time when MDG told Babylulu a new album is on its way.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Helios wrote:They technically handed them a new album around July 2022? Eh?

It's around the time when MDG told Babylulu a new album is on its way.

Ah, of course! Seems like a lifetime ago..

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah I'm going by when MDG contacted Babylulu. Could have been earlier than that though. But Warp works in mysterious ways. They are very good at keeping the making of a sausage secret to use a gross metaphor.

Next month I have slight hopes for something for their 25th of Music. But only because there's no Warp album scheduled for the month of April. Probably nothing, but eh one can hope. I'm too optimistic for this band haha

Posts Quantity
Well, doesn't Warp give BoC's albums special catalogue numbers such as 123, 101, etc? Tomorrow's Harvest's number is under the 257 number. Is this considered a magic number somehow?

Maybe the next album will be released when Warp's catalogue reaches the number 400 or 404?

In any case, I wouldn't blame Warp nor Adele for BoC's taking a lot of years to release a new LP.

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone notice this Odd Nosdam post on Insta, liked by Marcus?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CptYchHjUi6/

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Anyone notice this Odd Nosdam post on Insta, liked by Marcus?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CptYchHjUi6/

Marcus likes the post because the song reminds him of Boards of Canada - Olson, and it makes him smile.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:In any case, I wouldn't blame Adele for BoC's taking a lot of years to release a new LP.

Considering she only makes an album every 6 years I think we are safe now :P

Dayvan Cowboy
The album is obviously completed, pressed, ready to go.
It will be released by the Dead Hand of Homo Sapiens, i.e. when the last human vanishes, it triggers the release of the album on every possible medium through every wavelength, photons, etc.

Pity tho, it will be for the worms and the 'roaches

(This nihilist post is funded by OpenAI)
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:The album is obviously completed, pressed, ready to go.
It will be released by the Dead Hand of Homo Sapiens, i.e. when the last human vanishes, it triggers the release of the album on every possible medium through every wavelength, photons, etc.

Pity tho, it will be for the worms and the 'roaches

(This nihilist post is funded by OpenAI)

Cool idea bro \o

Eagle Minded
it's been 9.95 years since tomorrow's harvest's marketing campaign started

Now, im not a big numerology guy.... BUUUUT 10 years sounds like a good moment to drop something
:P
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
while layers of rippling pitched percussion form the rhythm section. ‘Heard From the Telephone Line’ is a classic pensive ambient cut from the duo

Nice job Bleep. Anyway looks like TCH vinyl is back in stock (was it not?). Could this particular email alert portend a forthcoming album? An effort to raise the listening dead and gain some momentum with new listeners?

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:
while layers of rippling pitched percussion form the rhythm section. ‘Heard From the Telephone Line’ is a classic pensive ambient cut from the duo

Nice job Bleep. Anyway looks like TCH vinyl is back in stock (was it not?). Could this particular email alert portend a forthcoming album? An effort to raise the listening dead and gain some momentum with new listeners?

Tomorrow's Harvest and Geogaddi CDs were both unavailable for the past two weeks as well (TH is back in stock but Geogaddi is still on-hold).

Sherbet Head
They're done, it's simple. No need to be sad, just find some other new music.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada