Let's speculate on certain sounds and samples.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
^
"sorry" could also be "follow me"
"I don't know" could be "all alone"

Sherbet Head
Have I just gone completely mental or does anyone else hear the beginning of the sound Jim Carrey makes in this clip repeated a few times quietly in the right channel on Chromakey Dreamcoat towards the end?
phpBB [media]

Almost like they mixed a bit of it into the word "Good" from the "Peanut butter, it's doggone good!" sample. 4:47 is a pretty good example. I listened to the original commercial clip a few times to verify that it doesn't sound like that in the source material too lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Dolphin Cowboy?

Dayvan Cowboy
Dmitrii wrote:
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Dolphin Cowboy?

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
If you would all be so kind I would like everybody to listen to this short sample and tell me what they hear. It is one word - or name - which should be familiar to you all. It is very processed and sounds robotic so it might not be easy to pick up on straight away

Thank you

https://on.soundcloud.com/zQXK8

Sherbet Head
Sorry, Link seems to be down

It's called Sample.wav in my track list

Bare with me I seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties

Sherbet Head

New Seed
Hi, I'm new here. Apologies if this is already well known, but I didn't see it anywhere on the board. The main drum loop on 1969 is from The Upsetters - Jungle Lion. It starts at around :38 seconds in, layered under the electronic drums.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
good find! i bet the drum fills in the track are original recordings though

Sherbet Head
hex key wrote:Hi, I'm new here. Apologies if this is already well known, but I didn't see it anywhere on the board. The main drum loop on 1969 is from The Upsetters - Jungle Lion. It starts at around :38 seconds in, layered under the electronic drums.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

It seems to be reused in Dawn Chorus too.
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
Has anyone noticed that Atp 3 is the melody from Sixtyniner at 2.36? Nothing about it on boc pages.. Don't k ow why it's taken me so long to realise it..

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:Has anyone noticed that Atp 3 is the melody from Sixtyniner at 2.36? Nothing about it on boc pages.. Don't k ow why it's taken me so long to realise it..

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

atp 3 is basically the score for the telecom italia ad they did, but without the other flute sample and the bassy rhodes that give it true fulfillment.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Yeah I didn't make the telecom/sixtyniner connection either but thanks for answering my question without answering it lol

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:Yeah I didn't make the telecom/sixtyniner connection either but thanks for answering my question without answering it lol

i mean they've used that little tag in around four songs. i've always made the sixtyniner connection but im surprised it isnt on bocpages at all. they also used it in a is to b
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Ah yeah A is to B of course. This is perhaps their most used leitmotif. I wonder about the significance of it to them

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
hex key wrote:Hi, I'm new here. Apologies if this is already well known, but I didn't see it anywhere on the board. The main drum loop on 1969 is from The Upsetters - Jungle Lion. It starts at around :38 seconds in, layered under the electronic drums.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Yes, other drum samples have also been found:

https://www.whosampled.com/sample/10612 ... anctified/

https://www.whosampled.com/sample/91812 ... h-of-Time/

Friendly Stranger
a good portion of the synths used on R35TT almost certainly come from the juno 106. try it, you'll see what i mean. i bet there's a decent amount of DX7 too.

Sherbet Head
Just noticed Seeya Later on Hi Scores sounds quite different than on Twoism with the Twoism version snare drum sounding distinctly whitewater

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
Samplehunter wrote:Next one, Julie and Candy.

phpBB [media]

For me, the main drumloop sounds very similar to that of Nine Inch Nails' Where Is Everybody? :

phpBB [media]

Just to notice that i've made a submit to WhoSampled the other day. It has been rejected.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada